Alright, I give. Tebow is already a giant pain in the ass. I think I hate him.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by PolygamyWinsChampionships, Apr 3, 2012.

1. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to turn it into any kind of high art or anything, but I wrote it as a story. The heart of it is true and the anecdotes are true, but then I ran loose with it to make my point entertaining.

I'm sure I'll get flamed or whatever but I looked it over after some editing and I was entirely happy with the post when I made it. Still am. It felt nice to come up with something original and on point and make a thread about it. Sue me.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Cool story, bro. :)

3. PolygamyWinsChampionships

"Muchas gracias" seems to be a fairly inadequate reply.

Guess I'll go with that then, for my 500th post.

#23 PolygamyWinsChampionships, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  4. whichfan

whichfan New Member

It's amazing to me how badly the Jets fans are embarrassing themselves with this trade and showing just how LITTLE hard football knowledge they have and how little they know about Tim Tebow as a quarterback.

Just based on the comments I have seen posted here over the past couple of weeks, it is evident that at least when it comes to forums there are very few football minds actually study and understand football beyond what is presented in mainstream media.

Everything that is said about him on here by Jets fans is exactly everything you hear in entertainment television. Are you seriously so gullible that you believe NFL teams are paying players millions of dollars, giving up draft picks, letting him start and carry a team to the playoffs -in the NFL- if he can't throw the football? Really?

You are convinced of that, huh? Amazing that you would believe someone even gets recruited into college football who can't actually throw the football accurately, let alone the NFL.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I want to throw up everytime I log onto the site and see Teblows face on the main page, so I feel ya man.
    I'm so done with this Tebow shit and it hasn't even begun yet.

6. RevRick

RevRick New Member

64% in college. Better check downs and he goes from 9 of 20 to 11 of 20. World crisis and Jets fan meltdown averted.
    He already throws one of the best long balls in the game. I think playing part time this year just might work, I certainly see what Rex sees as the potential for "hard to defend".
    NY'ers do seem to have a flair for the dramatic, soap opera, sub plots, skepticism, and the over-reaction though. Either way, this will be fun to watch on here this year!

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Why does everyone assume this? More directly, WHAT has Tim Tebow done (at the NFL level) that Sanchez has not done better, that makes everyone assume that he's the improvement waiting to happen? going 8-5, flailing the final 3 games of the season, finishing 8-8, but squeaking into the playoffs because their division sucked? Then won a playoff game vs a team that literally limps into the post season and he's a hero, but gets SMASHED the following week.
    The JETS finish with the same record and everyone says they're terrible. Sanchez has won 4 playoff games vs better opponents and been competitive in the AFCC games they've lost, but he's a loser and Timmy's a winner?

I'll be the 1st to admit that Sanchez needs alot of improvement and took a step back last season (despite what stat nerds will say), but the biased comparisons aren't on a level playing field at all

[/QUOTE]

Not true. Chris Leak was still the starter when they won the 1st championship game, but Timmy did play a significant role in select games through the season. That offense was was eventually built for him. Ron Zook had Leak and a traditional style offense, which eventually changed with Meyer, as they had Timmy waiting in the wings. "backup" in college? maybe if you mean his freshman year when Leak was a Senior.......

Underdog in High School? HA. He was on the front page of the local newspapers the whole time, including a debate of "scandal" of him playing for a school that he didn't attend (for those that don't know, he's from Jacksonville & was homeschooled, but played football at Nease in St. Johns county, by using a relative's address there) He was considered the chose one from day 1.... and that continued to UF.

I like the kid and all, he's a baller, but some of the rah-rah stuff is just way over the top......

#27 stinkyB, Apr 3, 2012
  8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It never ceases to amaze me finding a fan who seemed blissfully unaware that Sanchez was on the hot seat, and it took Tebow to be the wakeup call for that to dawn on them.

It makes all these little soundbites from players amplify in significance, because they were hoping that Sanchez could go into year 4 as the Unquestioned Guy.

9. Slap

Slap New Member

Tebowites can only see the good deeds their object of worship performs. It's like the people who (claim to) read the bible and only focus on the parts like "love thy neighbor" while ignoring the justifications for murder, rape and slavery.

10. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I think you hit the proverbial nail squarely on its proverbial head. Remember the old saying, "the most popular guy on any team is the backup QB"? Well, when the backup QB is Drew Stanton or Tyler Thigpen, his "popularity" is limited. When his name is "Tim Tebow" and he brings his own congregation of Tebot stalkers with him where ever he goes, his "popularity" will grow geometrically with every miscue Sanchez makes.

Maybe Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers could withstand Tebowmania, but I doubt that Mark Sanchez can. He's literally been set up to fail by the Jets FO by this move.

Trading for Tebow not only created an unnecessary QB controversy, given Tebow's lack of suitable QB skills, it serves absolutely no purpose. How is Tebow going to "push" Sanchez in practice? The idea of one QB "pushing" another implies the QBs are of similar quality -- or at least similar types of talent. Sanchez vs Tebow would be more like an apple and an orange competing in a taste test. DOH!

As a starting QB, Tebow would be a disaster for any team. That should be clear from the results of late last season after teams had figured Timmy out. I'm sure it was the major motivation behind John Elway's pursuit of Peyton Manning, the only QB available who could put the damper on Tebowmania in Denver.

Maybe this is Woody Johnson/Mike Tannenbaum's plan to get a shot at Matt Barkley in the 2013 draft.

11. RevRick

RevRick New Member

I love free will, the freedom to think, say and believe what one thinks best - so do you honestly think Jesus teachings justify murder, rape and slavery??? The Old Testament is barbaric, written to, for, and about barbaric times and people. But Jesus teachings?

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You think you hate him? That sounds more like a jilted lover than a fan.

13. PolygamyWinsChampionships

Nice one, turd.

14. Slap

Slap New Member

So, everything in the Old Testament is invalid then?

15. reverseapachemaster

I couldn't care less about what somebody did in high school.

16. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Until some "Christian" needs to use it to justify murder, rape, and slavery ... :wink:

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

What I think will happen?

Sanchez will play much as he did last year. Mediocre. After a few weeks, the Tebots will get increasingly ansty and vocal. Some article will appear how some anonymous source says players want to see what Tebow can do.

Sanchez will hear this, and will put on a bad game face, like someone stole his antidepressant medication. There will be an unconfirmed report that Upton doesn't answer his calls, and another that someone grabbed him off the upper level of the GWB.

Ryan will be delusional in a post game presser after a loss. (Wait, that was last year.)

Okay, Ryan will appear even more delusional in a post game presser after a loss, and say he can't hear the calls for Tebow, thinks "Mark is doing an awesome job, he just needs to blah blah blah..."

By Wednesday of the following week, it is reported that Tebow is taking more snaps behind center with the first team.

By Friday, Tebow throws a post pass intended for Holmes so far out of bounds that it hits Rich Cimini between the eyes, putting him in the hospital.

Nonetheless, Tebow starts the next Sunday, Sanchez is on suicide watch, the Tebots take over the Meadowlands, and Tebow proceeds to run for no gain nine times on three straight three and outs, then throws the first of is six interceptions, and the Jets lose to Buffalo 56-0.

Tebots then blanket the air waves and cyber space how it was all the fault of everyone else, and Tanny ends up in the hospital with a drug overdose.

The Jets go winless the rest of the year.

Woody holds a press conference about how he listened to his football people, and hopes that a new Qb assistant coach can help in the coming season. Meanwhile he begins marketing new psl sales by promising the Big Apple Circus will do half time shows next year for every home game.

Ryan announces he is having his lap band removed.

Mark Sanchez begins dating Rosie O'Donnell.

Part II continues sometime soon.

18. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I'm just curious, when they do run the spread offense in NY with Tebow, and he does easily complete passes at 60%, consistently, and wins, again....will you be able to overcome a year's worth of ignorance, brainwashing or will your head explode?

What's it going to be like, to realize you were. THAT. Wrong? And gullible? And basically hoodwinked by mainstream media to believe something what was never true from the beginning? You were basically talked into criticizing and disrespecting an NFL QB because they depended and bet on the fact you would believe what they say and never take the time to look into it yourself, objectively, trust your own brain, eyes and logic. That you trust theirs more than your own.

Is it going to be..Sparano is amazing and Tebow worked miracles in the off-season to "fix" hismelf? What kind of irrational explanations are some people going to have to feed themselves in order to accept what they will see?

I personally can't wait.

When that happens, I just wonder if people are going to stop and say...God how could we have been so stupid?

I don't know. Personally anytime I hear a story of greatness, or amazing acts or feats, I always take the time to dig into it, pull back the illusion, and find out the simple, factual information that makes it all work. I did the same thing when Tim Tebow came into the scene, and it's no different. There's always a reasonable explanation. Nothing lucky, or Godly, about Tim Tebow. The answer is as simple and obvious as it can be. He's GOOD! As a passer. As an NFL QB.

You know the saying "the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing people he didn't exist"? Well the greatest trick the media and Tim Tebow ever pulled is convincing everyone he can't throw and can't play quarterback in the NFL.

Trust me. That's the illusion. And that's the key to his popularity.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

As an SOJ fan who thinks Sanchez has allot to prove, if anything this move makes me more supportive of Sanchez.

While I may think he can't do it and ultimately we are doomed, I'm still looking to put the end of days out a few years.

20. whichfan

whichfan New Member

It is so obvious not one single Jets player are willing to back Sanchez up. The most they could come up with was "well he did get that extension, so if he's not going to be the starter, why did he get that?" Not, "He's our guy. He's our man." None of that.

This smells so much like a case of "Tim Tebow is the Denver Bronco's starting QB going into training camp".

#40 whichfan, Apr 3, 2012