LetsGoJets11's NFL 2012 First Round Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by LetsGoJets11, Mar 28, 2012.

1. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

After signing Williams and Mark Anderson can't really see Buffalo a) taking a DE or b) taking Merciuls over Ingram.

2. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Mark Barron slipping all the way to 31? Wow. I figured he'd be gone by the time we draft. I personally wouldn't mind taking him 16th. I understand our need for an pass rushing OLB, I'm just not sure any other the 1st round guys are pure pass rushers. If Barron is there, I'm taking him.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Barron is a mid 20's kind of pick for a team with a glaring need at safety. He's not a natural free safety, he's more of a fast strong safety. If you watch the video on him you see a guy who is most comfortable crashing the box. When he's in coverage situations he's much less comfortable and that's why the every play reels in those situations have the QB either missing the throw or the receiver catching it. He's just not a strong pass defender.

The Jets with Barron, Landry and Smith would still have nobody who could match up well with the quick slots or the big tight ends.

4. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I agree but I think with proper coaching, he could play FS. I think him and Landry are a huge upgrade over Leonhard and Smith even with Landry's injury concerns and Barron's transition from strong to free.

5. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Just read that the Cowboys have Poe at the top of their draft board and may trade up to take him.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Misdirection most likely. The Cowboys are big on performance at the college level with their 1st round picks. Dez Bryant was the exception because of regulatory issues that cut short his playing time but he had already proved he was a game-breaker.

I would suspect the Cowboys are looking really hard at Quinton Coples and Michael Brockers. Those are the guys who have put up the numbers already. Poe is just a beard for what they really want.

If they do trade up ostensibly to take Poe I'd expect them to take one of those guys or somebody like Ryan Tannehill with the pick.