Santonio Holmes 'just wants the ball'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Mar 30, 2012.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im sure everyone knows how much i hate holmes, this article did nothing to improve my thoughts on him.

2. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

I dont get why everyone is bitching. The guy stays away from the media to keep the media from making a big deal out of everything and when he does speak his mind everyone jumps on him. I mean would you rather him not caring and lying??? I mean hes not lying, hes telling the truth. We were mediocre last year and Mark was inconsistent. You want this guy to play for the JETS not SANCHEZ so when he says hell back Tebow if Tebow becomes the starter thats a good thing!!!! I mean lets get real, if for whatever reason Mark cant perform and they go to Tebow you dont want our WR's rooting for the guy on the bench!!!

3. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Ppl would rather complain about guys personalities than their skills. I mean seriously, are we rooting for guys that give us a chance to win games or are we looking for someone to take our daughters to prom? Grow the fuck up people. So he isnt a model human being. Big fuckin deal. We'll praise Leonhard but rip Holmes becuz he isnt a team guy. Well you can have the perfect locker room guy. Ill take the former Superbowl MVP. This isnt eharmony.

I bet some of you were on Knicks message boards saying they should trade Melo and build around Jeremy Lin.

4. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Sanchez was def inconsistent, but Tone was not so hot himself last year. That's why you don't comment as a teammate of another persons off season bcuz it makes you a hypocrite. Doesn't sound like a team player/leader.

I mean its well documented you didn't get along with Sanchez, it would be wise to keep comments regarding him politically correct at this point, bcuz the media will make a fool out of you. All other Jets say that Marks their qb and their excited abt Tblow even Sanchez.

Tone needs to shut up and play, not worry abt the qb, and let the coaches worry abt who's starting.

5. Slap

Slap New Member

Why does anybody listen to wide receivers? Intense self absorption is a common trait among the good ones. Unless the guy is perpetually disruptive, you have to shrug occasional outbursts like this off, especially Sanchez.

6. Montana

Montana Member

Sounds like Tone had one bad week, where he had a disagreement with Mark/Schotty, and that boiled over into the game, where he and some teammates vented their frustrations to one another.

Given that likely the biggest problem.....Schottenheimer...has been replaced, I'm confident they'll put all this shit behind them, and get back to being a formidable QB-WR combo.

7. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

holmes on one hand is what he is...but he has a point: he is too talented and accomplished a receiver to have 54 recs for 650 yds...he has to learn when to keep things in house and the attitude shit is a bit punk/ghetto nonsense but he wants to win and he is not afraid to be the man

8. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

you are really going out of your way with that silly example, as if holmes or any other WR wouldn't understand running it in from the one...you tip ur agenda too easily. and he has a low iq? guess you've talked with him face to face or tested it huh? because only a low iq person would base their judgements on a media perception and a high iq like urself would never do that.....riiiiiight?

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

There's no doubt in my mind that the media blew all this shit out of proportion. I expect Tone to work hard and have a good season.

10. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

say wasn't cornelius vanderbilt and all his boffo richboy buddies and their ilk (carneghie, etc..) the egomaniacs of their day? just saying.....

11. Slap

Slap New Member

Yeah, but if you crossed them they didn't complain in the media. They just sent in a bunch of rough bastards with axe handles and baseball bats to break your will. And your knees and your head.

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

A F****** cancer and timebomb.

So if we go 5-11 and he catches 120 passes, it was a great year.

If the Jets go 11-5 and win the SB and he catches 75 passes, he'll demand a trade.

Wonderful.....and we're paying this primadona big bucks.

Ron Faurot will turn out to be a better acquisition than this turd.

13. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Baloney !!

I don't know what the polls here said but among WELL-INFORMED JET FANS who study tape and go behind front-page analysis and boxscores, most people wanted Braylon.

I belong to a Fantasy Football League with about 20 other Jet fans....all of us probably go over tons of stats for our League as well as just our general knowledge for Sunday talking points.....I would say it was 17 or 18 who wanted Braylon based on:

(1) Better route running.
    (2) Better deep threat
    (3) Better blocker
    (4) Better Red-zone player
    (5) Better locker room guy

The only thing we agreed on (or some of us did) was Holmes was much better as a slot receiver.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

You got the feeling that a lot of Jets fans preferred Braylon to Santonio, but the media and people who follow football closely thought that was nuts. I preferred Braylon to Santonio, but recognized that so many other people who follow the sport for a living thought Holmes was better, and the Jets clearly agreed.

I think if the Jets knew Braylon would get such a paltry deal, they might have signed him first. But Braylon didn't want to take such less money than Holmes because he probably feels he's the better receiver. Braylon had much bigger demands at first, which eventually came down and then imploded when he had that run-in with the law during free agency.

15. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Yup, this was me too. I preferred Braylon for all those reasons you listed, plus I thought he would come in a hell of a lot cheaper than Holmes would have, even if it meant a slight drop in production. I followed him on twitter when he was here, he LOVED being here. Can't say the same for Holmes.

16. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

I hope the person who made the decision to get rid of the WR1 and give the WR1-money to the WR2 is in St Louis now.

However, without necroing dead threads, I believe most posters here preferred Holmes to Edwards.

17. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Another example of 'when its bad, its really bad'. Winning changes everything as does losing. All this article seems to say is, so and so said this or this is what Santonio thinks. I don't exactly see anywhere in there that Santonio said this and that.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this kind of win at all costs attitude is exactly what is wrong with sports today. sorry but i dont like to root for guys who are assholes. and there is no amount of talent that will make me say oh its ok that he is an asshole, just so long as he performs.

fuck that there are plenty of guys who perform to his level that are not assholes. there is no reason i have to root for him.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Why do people still think that the last 3 games of last season were the entire year?

20. reverseapachemaster

If the locker room problems in the last three games are ongoing problems then that's all that matters about the entire year. Everything else about last year is nothing more than a bunch of stats and fan disappointment.