Hypothetical for Jets fans: Tebow to Pats

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by abyzmul, Mar 28, 2012.

1. LetsGoJets11

LetsGoJets11 New Member

Sparano's gonna dial up some CRAZY wildcat shit!

2. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Really? You are aware that he wasn't the guy who thought up the WC, right? That guy is former Miami QB coach, David Lee, who's now the QB coach of the Bills. OOOPPPS. :grin:

As for the Pats, aside from having Josh McDaniels as their OC again, what would make anyone think that they would have any interest in Tebow? They aren't going to sit Brady to put a glorified RB under center, especially since they don't have much need for offensive gimmicks to move the ball or score TDs.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

For one thing, the Patriots offense has dipped heavily into spread concepts, so there would be some kinship in folding in another wrinkle. For another, they have maintained their ability to move the ball and score by constantly reinventing themselves offensively. The Patriots don't ever seem to fight the previous war -- they come out with constantly evolving stuff.

The prospect of Gronk, Hernandez, and Tebow in some sort of flying Death Star is formidable.

4. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

:lol: :lol: :lol: I repeat, the Pats aren't sitting Brady for a pretend QB.

5. packersfan

packersfan New Member

Good thoughts. I think this move will really help the Jets in the long run as long as Sanchez becomes a leader on the team and in the locker room. This is a perfect opportunity for him to seize this moment and become a leader. The media circus is perpetrated by people like Stephen A and Skip Bayless who like to take extreme views of Tebow. This causes people to take sides and spout arguments that don't make any sense.

6. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

So what do you call that bearded bum in Buffalo?

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

exactly that...lol

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why do they have to bench Brady? Are you not allowed to have Brady and Tebow on the field at the same time?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Easy now, you're talking to a Patriots QB expert here.

10. OMGTimTebow

OMGTimTebow New Member

Belichick would find a way to use teebs.

11. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

If Tebow were on the Patriots I would say why isn't he playing for us right now?

Danny Woodhead is playing for the Patriots quite successfully and I say you should've shown us something in the years you were here if you really would've contributed that much to us. If we had to do it again I'd want him on the team but it's not even close.

Tebow, if used correctly, is a deadly weapon. He should come be a deadly weapon for us, where it might be just what we need as a parachute for those points in the game where Mark isn't at his best. The organization has been essentially wasting years and years with these bullshit ass wildcats that basically weren't utilized in any coherent manner and probably just got in the way more than anything. Since they were probably going to continue that bullshit anyway, how amazing is it to have it done right with potentially the best guy for the job in the NFL?

That said, it's only a blinded fool that thinks that all of that on Tebow's best day holds a candle to the things that Mark Sanchez can do as a QB when he's clicking on all cylinders himself. Watch the playoffs in 2009 and 2010. That's a kid just going out there and playing his game when the whole world is watching and millions are counting on him. He flat out won games for us and he put us in a position to win both AFC championships. Both years the team kind of crapped out on him but it was still a battle to the finish both times. That's a true born winner in my opinion.

When Joe Montana opens his mouth amid all of this bullshit hype you know he ain't fucking around. The great one just goes ahead and publicly gives Sanchez a wink and a nod to tell him he's alright in Joe's book. It's almost ironic sort of. I know they're different people, but if you look at Sanchez's playoff games it's like he takes on some of that cool Montana persona. No delays or hesitation...just made plays snap bang and strolled up the field and did it again. Call me crazy but he takes on that air when the pressure is greatest...that quality alone is worth M's and M's and M's. This isn't a Qb controversy.

12. Tebowchise

Tebowchise New Member

I'm glad to see more people are coming around to the upside.

I guess to be fair, you guys did deserve about a week to vent. I'm sure that more people will continue to be won over by rational argument - at least until Tebow hits the field and we see one thing or another. That initial shock has subsided, giving way to clearer discussion.

74Mangold, I think Tebow is like Mark when it comes to being at his best when his best is required and the pressure is on. It's nice to have two quarterbacks who no one would be able to call choke artists. Both players should be healthier this year. The only way that either of them would have more sacks than last year would be if things were truly awful. Each of them should be hit less in general as well. They both should be feeling good out on the field.

"If you are going to get the circus, might as well put on a show."

13. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

That "bearded bum in Buffalo" finished ahead of your vaunted franchise QB in the QB rankings. He threw for more yards; had a higher completion %; had a higher YPA; threw 4 times the number of 40+ yard plays; and 20% more 20-40 yard passes; and had the fewest sacks in the league, about 60% of what Sanchez had -- while throwing to low round and UDFA WRs from behind a make-shift OL for most of the second half of the season. That's hardly a "pretend QB".

FTR, the Bills offense finished 11 places higher than the Jets offense despite having that "bearded bum in Buffalo" as their QB and having not a single OLer even considered for the Pro Bowl while the Jets had 3 OL guys go to Hawaii.

Oh, yeah, and that "bearded bum in Buffalo" has never been pampered and coddled by any coaching staff. He came to Buffalo as the backup and took the starting job away from a Sanchez clone, Trent Edwards. I suspect that Tebow will do the same in NY.

Like Fitz, Tebow's got the leadership skills you want in a QB. His problem is that he doesn't have the passing skills to succeed in the NFL. Maybe a good QB coach could fix that (as Philly did with Vick).

14. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Sanchez doesn't play his best when the pressure is on as witness the Jets' crash and burn late last season. Sanchez plays his best when teams go into prevent defenses where they don't rush the passer and they play soft zones that allow receivers to get lots of separation early. When teams rush and play receivers tight, Sanchez folds.

Unless Tebow gets help with his passing fundamentals and learns to read defenses, he'll probably have the same issues.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So ignore the playoff performances of the previous two years and judge solely on the end of the 2011 season when he was playing injured with a turnstile at RT. He played poorly at the end of 2011, but those were hardly the only or the most pressure packed games he ever played in.

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

It's the opposite actually Sanchez has played his best football under the most pressure in the Playoffs

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He's just upset because his team crashed and burned 8 weeks earlier.

18. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Really? So, why didn't the Jets win either of the AFC Conference Championship games that their fans are so fond of bragging on? IIRC, they got pretty well spanked in the second halves of both games. Didn't the Steelers come back from a big deficit in the one?

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I think only 29 QBs have ever won a Super Bowl....ever ( I think I read that it's a low number)

If the criteria for being good under pressure is winning a Super Bowl then every one sucks except Brady, Eli, Rodgers ,Peyton , Bree's , Rothlisberger Etc

The simple fact is that Sanchez is 4-2 in post season ALL away games , he's at his best under pressure .

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Nah, the Steelers ran all over the Jets in the first half and they came back in the second to make it a one score game at the end.

[​IMG]