Straight up Rant....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Mar 27, 2012.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Ok, folks...as Petro and all the mods know I rarely rant...but I've about had enough. Heck, I'd even listen to Champ at this point...he may be jaded but at least, from time to time, he comes with lucid points.

You bandwagoneers need to step off. I'm about sick and tired of reading that you are dreading the season ahead...you're sick of management...you're tired of trading for this person or picking up this piece etc...

IL, OL, DL, OL...S...RB...what the hell do any of you know? If you were half as good as you THINK you are you MIGHT be coaching Div. II college and getting PAID to do it because you are as good as you think you are. I'm not discounting your opinions...what I'm discounting is the "waaaaaa....I'm gonna not watch...waaaaa...this season is going to suck...Tebow blowss......waaaaaa waa waaaa...wwaaaaaaa...." Geeeezzzzz

There hasn't been ONE draft pick made. Not one day of OTA's, let alone training camp. This team was 8 - 8 last year...and THAT was considered a disaster! Hell, I can think back not all that long ago that 8 - 8 would have been a STELLAR season for the good ole' NY Jets!

So they had a bad year. whippity dooo!!!!! You all assume that it's just going to go that way again? Well, out of 3 years of work, Rex Ryan and his team have proven they get it done. No one has a perfect year every year...No one. Rex Ryan has put together a resume of work that spans some time. I'll take my chances...loud mouth or not. You all just...booo hooo... assume that because we had, god forbid, an 8 - 8 year that the entire world is dying and we are at the beginning of a decade of shit. Well, if you can't even wait until pre-season to start bitching then jump off. Go join the Patsie band up north if you just HAVE to have a perfect season every year. And, if you think that way, you would have committed suicide the previous two years to last because if memory serves the Jets were in the AFCCG and NOT the Patriots. So, yeah. Knock it off...for pete's sake, stop starting endless threads about whiny columnists and talk personalities. Stop starting endless bitch fests. How about bringing it with honest football talk. Gaaaaaa!

Off the soap box... :drunk:

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Get used to it my friend. I'm sorry to say this but it's only just begun.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

It's too bad that the people who are saying they are going to quit the Jets haven't already done so.

4. mezzavo

<sigh> Sadly, Joe, I fear you are correct! :sad:

:pats_suck:

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Agreed! Great post.

6. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I signed up to be a jets fans for life for better or worse. Wasn't happy about tebow but I will get behind the move and get on with it.

7. thegreatwayne80

Great post fully agree. Its the new fans that feel the need to bitch and moan about everything the FO does that they personally wouldnt do in their madden franchise

8. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

You cant blame all the new fans some of the old fans have bitching and complaining down to a science!

Some of the old fans have opened up new realms of bitching not yet witnessed by we who dwell upon the face of the Earth!

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Great post, I completely agree. People need to stop being a little whiney baby about one move when we haven't even had the draft let alone a training camp. Just live with what we have if you don't like it don't watch the team that simple, no need to complain. When I signed up to be a Jets Fan, I did it for life. :jets:

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

cosigned

manupfiller

11. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

Well said!

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yeah, in all honesty, to me it seems like the most harsh fans are the ones that have been around the longest, and you can't really blame them. They've witnessed the Jets fail on so many occasions. 40 years is a damn long time. I'm only 10 years deep, myself, so I do see where they are coming from. It's just really aggravating when people are so quick to paint next season as a disaster season when it's not even close to draft time. All in all I agree with OP 100%. People just need to relax a bit, and enjoy the game of football for what it is.

#12 Barcs, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with Jets fans voicing their opinion on the Tebow trade. It made no sense whatsoever. Any fan saying the season is over already is no fan, but those upset that the Jets have made it harder for themselves are just smart.

14. mezzavo

Some true words right here! It's not all noobies for sure! :lol:

15. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Tebow sux!! /end rant. :smile:

16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Amen! .............................

17. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I read the OP, Teblow or no Teblow. 7-9, 8-8.

18. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Well said! But it is only the beginning.

19. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

How do you figure that?

This team crumbled last year and ended up 8-8.

20. mezzavo

See now, I can get on board with this a little. We're fans...and it's our DUTY to gripe.......A LITTLE.....about a move. But good god, you'd think half this board was the 2nd coming of Bellichicken the way they break it down and are just sure the season is OVER because we signed a backup QB. Ridiculous!

Tebow may not be a Peyton Manning but he's no Wayne Hunter either. he he he he

Tebow gives this team 5 - 10 TD's this year in any capacity and I'll take it! How about letting the coaching staff do what they do before blasting the move.

You know, that's one thing that pisses me off about the media, in all forms. These guys don't know either. Some have been there and done that but they aren't running the team either. Also, often times I see many of them, especially the former players, tow the company line just because. It's frustrating.