An Open Letter To All Tebow Fans

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by abyzmul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

What are you trying to say? I didn't know you made the rules here? You are from Tenn is that right? And you make the rules on here? ITS A TEBOW THREAD BEAVIS!

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I'm trying to say that your ignorance and inability to make a cohesive argument annoys me. I'm just agreeing with what the mods have already established-- as soon as a "tebow subthread" has been created all the tee-BS will go in there where it belongs.

Also, just because one can interpret rules and procedure of civility does not mean one "made" the rules. Example: constitutional scholar. One doesn't have to write the Constitution to become a constitutional scholar.

And I go to school in TN. Did you read my username...?

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Its a simplistic way to look at it. let's not just repeat what the talking heads like to say on ESPN and let us examine each game.

I'll go backwards on the last 5 games

New England blasted the Denver defense when they were down 35-7 at half time it had nothing to do with the offense .

Pittsburgh certainly did not catch up to it. they were beat down by it.

Kansas city? sure they did great against it but they also stopped GREEN BAY.

The Bills game was actually a good game until midway through the 3rd quarter when defense collapsed and Denver had to go to an aerial offense (so they did not stop the "gimmick" like you like to call it).

New England was down 17-3 until 3 fumbles (1 on special teams) sealed Denver's fate

Almost no game had anything to do with anyone catching up to anything except the 2nd chiefs game and that is arguable since they were playing much better down the stretch.

Tebow is not in Denver today because of Manning, nothing else.

Denver before and after the offense overall

7-24 WORST TEAM IN THE NFL IN 31 GAMES before Tebow and the new offense

2-8 2009 (last 10 games of season)

4-12 2010

1-4 2011 (first 5 games of season with Von miller and everyone else and the old offense under Orton)

7-4<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Tebow in as QB 2011 NO OTHER PLAYER CHANGE and offense changed

Playoff win +1

#103 CowboysFan, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  4. VanderbiltJets

But I am, overall, trying to say that you, sir, are an
    [​IMG]

EDIT: But I am, overall, trying to say that you, sir, are a(n)--- B: Elephant

#104 VanderbiltJets, Mar 27, 2012
  5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Don't worry, we have plenty of those guys here, saying things like that about Sanchez.

We have homers who believe the Jets can do no wrong, doom and gloomers who constantly criticize everything prematurely because they've seen it fail a million times, and plenty of rational fans as well.

The one request I have for Tebowers, is to use the Tebow thread for Tebow instead of making a new thread about him every day, essentially discussing the same thing again and again. That would be hella sweet.

6. VanderbiltJets

I'm just one of the few that happens to call you out on this. You've proven my point; at least now try to learn from a Jets fan (myself) as opposed to pitting yourself against Jets fans by continuing to learn about the TEAM. I appreciate teebitches trying to learn about the JETS but when I try to educate you and you throw it back in my face then you're in the wrong, not me.

7. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Wasn't quite what I had pictured you looking like, but ok. Nice chins :)

8. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

You need help, you are bully! God bless you mr. vandy.

9. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

WTF have YOU called me out on ? That I haven't learned the roster in a whopping 4 days ? Hell, we don't even know who's going to be on the roster come OTCs and preseason camp.

What I don't need is some self absorbed asshat throwing names around and trying to tell me what I have to do in order to be a fan of the Jet's.

Blow it out your ass you stupid fuck.

10. patfanken

patfanken Banned

You know that is one of the great myths to come out of the entire Tebow mania....that the Broncos had a good defense. Let me give you just one comparison. Last season the Bronco's gave up 40+ points FIVE times. The universally disregarded Patriots defense gave up 30+ points ZERO times. Knowledge is power

11. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Ah, a tebot got his poor feelings hurt...:rofl2:

12. VanderbiltJets

I'm about as nice as any Jets fan gets... If you were on this board this time last year the likes of MB, MrE, and English would've driven you away.

You act like I'm an instigator; I'm merely defending abyzmul.

P.S. fixed it for you.

#112 VanderbiltJets, Mar 27, 2012
  13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

It is the biggest myth in my opinion .

The Denver defense was pedestrian at best. In fact King wrote an article about the entire Manning saga (behind the scenes) and one of the things they had to convince manning on was the defense (or at least prepare to address).

14. VanderbiltJets

The personal attack is unnecessary-- I never called you a "stupid fuck".

My point was that, whatever amount of time it takes for you to learn enough to "know what you're talking about", per se, you need to take that amount of time and learn BEFORE you join a JETS message board, as opposed to coming on here running your mouth and then crying foul "but it's not my fault! I haven't had enough time to learn about football!" (IMO). It's your fault that you mismanaged your time and not my fault that you're ignorant.

If you read my post correctly, I said:
    If you knew the JETS well enough you'd know that I said that specifically because, as of today, the JETS have no starting free safety...

15. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

So your basing how good of a QB Tebow is, based on his running abilities? I say its a "gimmick" because he's a QB that cant throw. This isnt college, that isnt gonna get you very far...
    With that said, Denver wasnt using him right. Hopfully we can do better

16. VanderbiltJets

[YOUTUBE]WV0bqASKAY8[/YOUTUBE]

17. red 19

red 19 New Member

VandyJets- Im not sure where you get this notion that all of the new members are suddenly Jet fans as well. I dont give 2 shits about the Jets quite frankly. I have an interest in how Tebow will be used because as a Bronco fan I saw that Tebow was both good enough to be on the field and bad enough to be yanked.

I only joined this board because Tim Tebow is one the biggest offseason discussions and likely one that will garner the most debate. This is after all a message and discussion board.

18. VanderbiltJets

I only got the notion that this wasn't TheGangTebow.com. If you want to start a pro-Tebow forum I fully support you.

This is two-fold:
    1) I love debate. I debated for four years and coached it for five. Tebow fans on this website, for the most part, have failed to show that they can "debate" anything based on logic, reason, or facts.
    2) This is, after all, a message and discussion board about the NEW YORK JETS. If you aren't able to have a discussion about the NEW YORK JETS then I don't know why you're here TBH. I especially don't know why you're here if you're unwilling and unable to accept criticism.

#118 VanderbiltJets, Mar 27, 2012
  19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I did not say anything about Tebow.

I was addressing the fact that "defenses caught up" was a myth.

The reason the spread /read option will not work in the NFL is not because its not an offense that can work or not (it can and it has and it will to some extent) , its that any other QB not built like a tank is gonna get knocked out pretty quick running it so its not sustainable.

20. red 19

red 19 New Member

You interpret it however you want- but personally as a Bronco fan I refused to let a small minority of people dictate my thoughts to the point of pure defense.