An Open Letter To All Tebow Fans

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by abyzmul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I was on the Broncos boards and the haters far outnumbered the tebowites and had less rational discussions in my opinion.

Tebowite: Tebow is great for the team he has helped them win (backed up by the win loss column after a ton of losing), he needs to become a much better passer and EFX needs to support him.

Tebow hater: Tebow sucks,he will never improve , he is the worse player ever, Denver wins in spite of him (even though Denver was the worst team in the NFL the previous 2 years before Tebow).

That was almost every argument in a nutshell.

#81 CowboysFan, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

There are no pre-requisites to rooting for a team. There is no test to pass, there is no amount of time you must suffer first before becoming a fan etc.

This entire premise is silly. And to start a thread telling people "theyre on notice" is comical Aabyz. I mean, you do realize this isnt real life right? Youre putting people on a message board on notice? hahahahahah come on.

3. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I like the definition of "rational" as first seeking to understand, then seeking to be understood.

To be honest and from what I've seen on the Broncos forum, I do think you sometimes go off the deep end in some of your arguments, usually when you're talking to one of the true haters (and you know who they are on the Broncos forum.)

No one wins those arguments.

I don't happen to agree that McCoy truly sucked at play-calling and believe me, I was frustrated at times with what they did. I think McCoy was unimaginative, but I also think that offense was a work in progress, that it was the offense John Fox wanted, and that McCoy did enough to get them to the playoffs and beat the Steelers. IMO, that team was not going to beat the Pats last year, no matter who the OC was.

Bottom line for those of us who want Tebow to succeed is he's going to have to make huge improvements as a passer. I'm not sure he'll get the chance to do it this year, but I also know that this has to be the year Sanchez also distinguishes himself as the leader of this team.

If he doesn't, Tebow may get his shot.

#83 catsigater, Mar 27, 2012
  4. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Yep. A lot of folks have become fans of a team because of a player on that team.

5. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

There are no "sanchez groupies". Jets fans criticize Sanchez as much as any Jets hater. The issue with Tebow's disciples is that they're generally uninformed. At least "sanchez groupies", as you label them, can name every Jets starter for next year (if the season were to begin today).

6. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Hehehe, I often go into what people consider "the deep end" in arguments, that's not just Tebow :)

As for McCoy, as people said, their grandmothers and kids were shouting the plays out at the TV and voila, there it was. Thing is, many who leveled the charge against McCoy were pointing to the calling in the first five games as well.

Personally, once the new offense was put in, McCoy was definitely out of his depth in my view. He didn't understand that offense or the philosophy behind how to make it really work. It's like stopped at the College Offense Playbook store and grabbed some Option books, flipped through some pages saying "I'll take this one, and this one, and this one, and this one".

As far as Tebow goes, I really hope he develops in the offseason and throughout the year. That and I hope he contributes to the team's success.

7. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Tebow is a great football player/not so great QB. Denver won some games, but they had to change up the enite offense to do so. That success wouldnt have kept up as teams started to catch on to the gimmick. (we saw that later in the year)

8. reverseapachemaster

Eventually those of us who disagreed with the move will get over it and quit talking about it. Especially as the season approaches.

It will become exhaustive to have every discussion about each game that isn't a complete blowout in our favor to get swarmed with Tebow what ifs.

Game was close but we won? Would have won more if Tebow had played more.

Game was lost? More tebow = win. OMG HE IZ A PROVEN WINNAR!

Sanchez throws an interception? Some cite to Tebow's passing rating at Denver.

So on and so on. It's not any more useful analysis than projecting "what if" questions about any other player in the league or if a particular play or set of plays had gone down differently. Assuming that one guy's presence on the field makes all things better is unrealistic unless his name is Peyton Manning.

#88 reverseapachemaster, Mar 27, 2012
  9. Demosthenes9

Vanderbilt, I've already gone through threads and have found Sanchez "groupies", so to speak. It wasn't difficult as others basically said "Dude, you just continuously suck Sanchez's nutz, enough already".
    '
    I'm willing to wager you that given some time, most the Tebow supporters that will post here regularly will know the Jet's starters as well.

Sorry, were we supposed to learn them all in 4 days already ?

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Schottenheimer's offensive philosophy obviously plays a huge role in the offensive rankings

The defense was a let-down in the Browns, and Texans game though - big plays by unheralded players in critical moments

I'm Pro-Sanchez and to be honest the majority of the blame is towards Schottenheimer for not progressing our QB the correct way, and not surrounding him with the correct weapons

I mean Sanchez is no Lebron James, but you can compare the situation to that when Lebron was in Cleveland - surrounding him with old players that were once something (Jets - Plax, Mason, LT) (Cle - Antawn Jamison, majority of the Cleveland team) and not letting him grow with a team and develop the proper chemistry

Especially in crucial positions - this debate should be about the offense in general not just Sanchez

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

At least make the effort to...

Pop Question: Who plays center for the Jets and what's his number?

12. Phear

Phear New Member

Oh oh, I know!!!

13. VanderbiltJets

The entire point is that the people you label "sanchez groupies" are Jets fans first, Sanchez fans second, and they didn't become Jets fans because the Jets drafted Sanchez.

I do hope that, over time, "Tebow supporters" take the time to learn the teams' starters. But, more importantly, I would expect anyone who wishes to be taken seriously to *gasp*, as a prerequisite, do everything they can to learn a lot about the Jets before they go espousing tee-BS.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Put your hand down Phear.. :lol:

15. Phear

Phear New Member

:sad: you're no fun. Lol

16. Demosthenes9

Nick Mangold #74

Was selected by the Jets with the 29th pick in the first round of the 2006 draft after being a starter for 3 years at The Ohio State.

FYI: Something like this might be a good idea to start up. Choose a couple of team members per week or something....

17. Demosthenes9

I hope the same thing as far as Tebow supporters go.

Question though, can you honestly sit here and say that every single Sanchize supporter here puts the Jet's over his career ?

I don't think you'd want to bet your house on that one.

18. VanderbiltJets

It's much more important to know that Mangold is the best center in the league and a four-time Pro Bowler and three-time All-Pro than it is to know that he was drafted 29th overall and started for three years at OSU...

19. Demosthenes9

WHatever floats your boat Vandy.

20. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I heard we are going to run the Lonesome Polecat! Tiger Ellison style! :p