An Open Letter To All Tebow Fans

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by abyzmul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The main thing that the Tebow fans need to realize is that this is the Jets we're talking about. If Tebow has the aptitude to be a good NFL QB AND if he gets the opportunity to prove it AND if the Jets are successful in the process THEN he's going to get totally fucked by something and not achieve the ends desired even if it seems as though he's right on the verge of success.

The worst thing that could have happened to Tim Tebow is coming to the Jets. He's either going to be a failure, which is what often happens with "brilliant" Jet ideas, or he's going to succeed, in which case the Jets curse will drag him down before that happens.

If you're really a Tim Tebow fan just pray that he gets out of town without being ruined.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

That's the problem... All you need to support your savior is a bottle of lube and some tissues or a crucifix... Why are you here? I'm always open to welcoming Jets fans but unless you consider yourself a Jets fan first, tebow fan second, you're in the wrong place...

3. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Why? We don't have any rule mandating that only Jets fans may join and post.

4. VanderbiltJets

There's a big difference between a "tebow hater" and a "Jets football fan who is annoyed at all of this trolling, ignorance and unnecessary filler"

5. VanderbiltJets

I didn't tell them to leave I asked why are you here. I think that's a legitimate question. And if they take my "you're in the wrong place" opinion seriously then they're just yellow-bellied tebow fans.

6. catsigater

catsigater New Member

And with this unnecessary filler, you've firmly established your own ignorance and trollish tendencies:

7. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

"Why are you here?" is a legitimate question.

"unless you consider yourself a Jets fan first, tebow fan second, you're in the wrong place..." is the issue.

8. VanderbiltJets

You're making very little sense...

9. VanderbiltJets

It's true. Is this TheGangTebow.com? It's not a personal attack, it's not an insult, and it's not a "get the fuck out of here". Why are you supporting people who say "I'm here only to support Tebow and to hope he starts next year". All they're going to do is be divisive and take a position that's against what most fans want and against what's in the best interests of the organization.

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

As are we Jets fans who haven't witnessed a Superbowl since 68.

11. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Ya know, if you wanted any of us to give you a rundown and bio of Broncos players, you could have actually asked before starting a thread and bitching about it.

Knowshon Moreon. Great back in college, has shown some signs of decency at Denver, but keeps getting injured and can't be expected to play a full season. While he was playing, was great out of the backfield catching passes.

Willis MacGahee - Old man that Denver picked up, ended up having surprising legs. Somewhere along the line he learned how to be a patient runner and would wait for holes/seams to develop, and would then go through. Did very well in Denver's new offense, but was susceptible to minor little injuries and missed a lot of plays.

Ryan Clady - Left tackle. The guy was a beast. Could pass block very well and was stupidly good with the run blocking scheme.

Chris Kuper - Right Guard. Another guy that was a fantastic pass and run blocker.

Zane Beadle - Left Guard. Kind of schizo in a way. Sometimes he was good, other times he wasn't.

Orlando Franklin, Right Tackle. Most likely to get beat on pass protection. Decent run blocker.

JD Walton - Center, good pass and run blocking.

BTW, all the guys on the line are young and still learning their positions. Dave Magazu is the line coach and he did a phenomenal job, given the very complex blocking schemes that were often used.

Demaryius Thomas - he's going to be a beast of a WR sometime soon. Was hampered by an injury at the beginning of the year, and wasn't in shape when he did come back. Hit his stride late in the season. That said, he's young and still needs to learn how to play WR in the NFL. Not the greatest route runner and has trouble getting off the jambs.

Eric Decker - another young receiver who has a lot of potential. Had a lot of problems with drops this year. has difficulty with routes and getting open at times. As with DT, he's young and will probably learn. Also, deceptively fast. Not 4.3 speed mind you, but faster than most people think he is.

Eddie Royal. Would have loved to see what he could have done. Good speed, decent hands. Should have been the fulltime kick return guy, not sure why he wasn't. Could line him up at WR or at HB to catch out of the backfield.

Matt Willis - was clutch at times, but disappeared at other times. Not really sure why.

Spencer Larsen. Good FB. Pretty good at blocking.

On defense:

Brian Dawkins. Great safety. Basically ran the defense and provided the leadership. Age has gotten to him and he's lost a step or two, but still, loved the way he played. Denver really missed him when he went out with that injury.

Champ Bailey - It's Champ, pretty much enough said. Older than dirt, but still one of the best cover corners in the NFL. Loved the guy.

Elvis Dumervil - undersized DE who doesn't realize it and terrorizes offenses and QBs anyways. (one half of Von Doom).

Von Miller - DROTY. the guy was a beast and the defense suffered when he broke his thumb and missed a couple of games and played the last part of the year in a cast. Still, a complete beast.

Good enough for you abyzmul ?

12. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

The Jets wanted him, he will play for them in in whatever role they want. Therefore, i want the Jets to go undefeated next year.

13. VanderbiltJets

Your argument is not cohesive and extremely difficult to decipher. Do you not understand the OP?

14. Demosthenes9

Kind of funny that a guy who's been here about 7 years less than you, and has contributed something like 8.5K fewer posts, is explaining to you what it takes to be a member here :)

#54 Demosthenes9, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  15. Demosthenes9

Yes, I did understand the OP. He's putting forth the flawed premise that Tebow fans just care about Tebow and that they don't give a shit about the rest of the team. That they don't even take time to learn/know any of the other players.

Here, I'll quote the pertinent part of his post for you:

16. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Thank you...dude loves him some Sanchez.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

There are bigger fish to fry, but with LT leaving, the Jets really need to do something here. Counting on Greene, McKnight and Powell does not inspire confidence.

18. VanderbiltJets

Didn't mean it as an insult; it puts structure to the discussion. So now let's begin by discussing what you quoted:
    I consider what abyz said there to be childish banter that detracts from his point. Holistically, I interpreted the OP as saying two things:
    1) Injecting Tebow into every conversation without justification or actual discussion is hurting TGG; Tebow fans new to the board don't understand that here random conversation is made on all aspects of the team during the offseason and, while it's reasonable to talk about a newly acquired player more, this hysteria is excessive and nauseating.
    2) The most frustrating Tebowites have openly stated
    , which, whether they realize it or not, is divisive and ignorant. Abyz IMO is looking at TGG and accurately projecting that every draft pick will be analyzed in a "who does this help more Tebow or Sanchez" manner, that every post-game TGG is going to be unreadable and unpostable because fans will swarm the board with a Sanchez vs Tebow discussion as opposed to actually weighing the merits of the NYJ.... Because many of the Tebowites have yet to show that they're anything more than Tebowites, I believe that his concerns are legitimate. Now is everything he said correct? No. However, I interpret his OP as palpable frustration that many Jets fans feel.

One thing that Tebowites need to understand about Jets fans is that they're very cranky, emotional, always ready to outburst, and generally miserable. Tebowites need to adjust to Jets fans just as Jets fans need to adjust to Tebowites (although I would argue that because Jets>any player that Jets fans have less adjustments to make and more facepalming to do).

19. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Well done...

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Just because our O-line is better than the Bills doesn't mean its great. Just like because Sanchez is better than Henne doesn't mean Sanchez is great.

And when will people learn Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. Look at all pro team if you want a better understanding of who performed the best at their position. It isn't perfect, but it is much better than the Pro Bowl.

The O line played middle of the road this year. They were inconsistent and rarely had the same dominating nature they had the first two years under Rex. In 09 Rex trusted the O line could convert a 4th and 2 agaisnt SD. This year, I wouldn't bet on them to be able to get the push.