An Open Letter To All Tebow Fans

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by abyzmul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Of course they do, they are cumulative over the entire year, each year. They are not hand picked selected games to attempt to make a point that cannot be made.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the problem is that Sanchez has been a BETTER comeback QB and he isn't nearly as bad qtrs 1-3. There's absolutely no reason to ever play Tim tebow as a regular QB as long as Sanchez is healthy.

3. nyjunc

it doesn't impress me to shut down an awful jags team then get smoked by NE and the better teams. Our D was ok last year, nothing more. Our D was good in '10 and very good in '09, it was NEVER GREAT.

4. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

I liked Mark at USC, He destroyed PSU in that bowl game,so I think he is a good QB, I am not a JETS fan, But I am a Tebow fan, and I am thankful to the JETS for giving him a second chance, and I am really "excited" about him being a JET! :)

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

How is it being manipulated? You are using 3 isolated end of year box statistics to judge their progress. That's manipulation, same as the other guy. Takes no situations into account and especially no injuries. Should we judge Tim Tebow this year based on how well he plays after 3 concussions?

Quarterbacks who rush incessantly, versus pocket QBs who take advantage of a huge hole in prevent coverage... they are two different animals. The first one ends up becoming a pocket QB out of necessity, see Daunte Culpepper, Steve McNair, Michael Vick, Kordell Stewart, et cetera. Yes, they're all black and I don't give a shit cuz now we're talking about white QB who does that same thing. They do it out of necessity because they keep getting injured.

The second stays mostly healthy aside from inside-the-pocket concussions. To answer a question in another post, Steve Young was the latter, and so is Aaron Rodgers. They are real passers with real passing ability who can use that ability and knowledge to dupe defenses into the wrong coverage and get some easy yardage running into the hole they created. Not the ones that go through 2 progressions and then start salsa dancing.

The future of offenses in passing, and if the Jets even consider going with Tebow as a starter, they will crash and burn because they went too far in the opposite direction. This type of offense might fly in 3 years when most teams have built for the passing game on defense, but it's way too early for it to work now.

6. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Notice to Tebow haters...save your hate and time. No amount of solid arguments or in-depth football discussions will get through to you anyway.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You won't get any argument on this from anybody who was on this board two weeks ago.

8. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Yeah...only the situations or stats you consider to be worth taking into account counts...the rest don't.

No offense but the more you keep tooting your horn about Tebow's inability to pass, the more you show you're not really looking into facts..

Go watch some freaking videos of Tebow passing and stop trolling with the same false arguments everyone keeps repeating about him. It's obvious you've taken little time to study your future QB if you seriously believe Tebow can't pass.

He can pass, he can rush, he can score efficiently, and he can motivate teams from a leadership perspective to the point where he turns around franchises and takes them deep in the playoffs.

9. tubby

tubby Active Member

I don't think anyone hates Tebow, we just hate Tebowners like you that infest our forum.

We're Jets fans so we will support Tebow because he is a Jet

10. nyjunc

we all want Tebow to be successful and help our team win and I am confident he will.

11. catsigater

catsigater New Member

There are a lot of folks who hold your position, and you've got good reasons for doing so.

Mine is that all the guy has to do is get his completion % up from 47% to 55% and he could easily be a starter on any number of teams. Add that to what he can already do, and he may be a really good QB for a team committed to using him properly.

That's easier said than done of course, and I think if it weren't for Manning, we'd have found out pretty quickly in Denver if he was going to be able to do that.

With what the Jets plan for him that may be more difficult, barring unforeseen circumstances.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I approve of this thread.

13. abyzmul

I dub thee Googlehumper. Although that's not what I was talking about. I am reading these Tebow arguments and they are all box score stats. None of them really talk about the games or situations or anything. Yeah, they post a youtube highlight clip. Yay for fuckin youtube. Show us more than stats to backup his visibly putrid performance, and do it while actually acknowledging that he was on the field with 10 teammates involved in the plays.

14. abyzmul

LEAVE BRITTNEY ALOOOONNEEE!!!i!

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

As a special package QB and not the starter :grin:

16. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

This is an unusually and disappointingly poor comeback from you.

Defense, like batting in baseball, is an exercise in failure. The best batters fail to get a hit or walk 60% of the time.

The best defense in the NFL failed to prevent a 1st down or a score 61.5% of offensive series.

If the failures are what remain in your head, then you're incapable of judging a defense.

The Jets D was second best at stopping drives in the NFL last year. Problem was, they faced the most drives against. The offense ranked in the 20's in both punts and turnovers, bad combo, despite the 3rd best starting field position.

That the offense was effective in the end zone on the rare occasions we reached it was really the only thing it had going for it last season.
    ---

In 2010 the defense was GREAT, not good.

#1 in three and outs and forced punts per drive
    #2 in yards allowed per drive
    #3 in fumbles forced per drive
    #3 in drive success rate
    #3 in rushing yards/game and total yards/game

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I have been called worse, hell googlehumper is an upgrade!

Chicago Bears dry hump Tebow and the Broncos all game, with about 8 minutes to go , (I have heard Bears went into prevent they did not go into prevent, Denver went to the spread and Bears countered accordingly) . Tebow completes 18 of 24 for 191 yards and a TD in the last 8 minutes and a few minutes of over time (less than a complete quarter against a very good defense). Yes there were people going out of bounds and a fumble but without Tebow going haywire under the most pressure imaginable (after Urlacher and briggs talked shit all week) there is no magical field goal ....Tebow delivered . You have seen the FX highlights right? Where Thomas drops an easy TD bomb in that game and tebow calms him down and tells him he will catch the game winner? That was real, not scripted, the dude has almost ridiculous late game presence when it counts.

If he could complete 65% of his passes like everyone wants him to, then he would be one of the top 5 best players in the league , he is not perfect (far from it) but he does have a beast mode switch in close games in the 4th.

I can write something similar about the Vikings game, (you know the Jets game last drive), Chargers game, Chiefs game (first one) , Pittsbrugh etc.

#37 CowboysFan, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Since I still read some of his stuff when someone else quotes it, sometimes, I would have to say the one error in your post is use of the word "unusually."

Other than that, spot on.

I would also add, though, that while the D in fact was roughly top five, the OL was also no worse than average. I would rank it top fifteen, even with Hunter, Ferguson's off year and Mangold being hurt for awhile.

I may not think this Tebow move made sense, but it is amusing watching the Sanchez Fans continue to misunderstand what really happened last year.

19. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

It was dead on average, yes.

According to FO, the quality of our run blocking should have resulted in much better rushing numbers as well. We were among the best at breaking through the first level, but among the worst getting anywhere in the second level.

Shonn Greene is a team weakness that doesn't get a lot of discussion because there are bigger fish to fry.

20. abyzmul

The only thing douchier than putting someone on your ignore list is continuously announcing that someone is on your ignore list.

Saying that, I know that I am on BB's ignore list only to keep him from spiraling into insanity seeing Diana Pigg's engaging eyes.