Perhaps it's about time...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I should try any of the following, or all:

1. Jump off the Jets bandwagon. (Gasp!) -> FOR NOW, GOD DAMN IT. Unless that circusmaster that is Tannenbaum is fired, I don't expect myself to be back on that Green and White bandwagon again.

2. Stop watching football (That's more manageable, surprisingly)

3. Find a new hobby.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Hang in there one more year, I think this will be Tannenbaum's last. There is already a media firestorm around Tebow. With 10 draft picks that firestorm will become a shitstorm if the Jets don't win early and often.

#2 Don, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  3. HOI

HOI Active Member

4. At least wait for the first mini camp...or maybe even the first draft pick before deciding we're completely fucked.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sarcasm, right?

5. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Jump off see you later things have been much worse then they are now. I am a jets fan for life

6. tubby

tubby Active Member

Yes, jump off the bandwagon after an 8-8 season.

7. WillBBC

WillBBC Member

Just sit back and watch it for what it is guaranteed to be; a wild, wild ride.

Seriously--even if they do absolutely suck this year, it'll be so much more entertaining than any of the losings seasons they've put together the last 20 years.

Please note--I'm not saying they're going to to suck this year, just saying that no matter what happens, it'll be really friggin' entertaining.

8. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

While I won't be jumping off any bandwagons...... I could argue about things being worse.

In my 40 years of a fan, IMO this is near the bottom because, we're right in the middle of this shit-storm that hasn't even hit us yet....

It's like a big earthquake just did a good number on our town and things look pretty bad BUT WAIT, there's a fuckin' huge Tsunami on it's way now to finish the job.....

I compare this worse to many situations int he NFL becuase other teams aren't locked into this shitstorm and are able to Start their rebuild NOW wether that's Indy getting their shiny new QB of the next 15 years or even the Dolphins who have just as good Defense and aren't locked into a Dumb ass Gimmick offense....

IMO, THIS is pretty bad and the feeling, maybe cuz I'm older, is as bad as any time for me as a Jets fan.

This is CRAP and I'm done with Tanny - and Rex might have to go out with the bathwater.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

10. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

I could go for a storm that results in Woody, Tanny and Rex's plane being diverted to Venezuela and they become guests of Chavez for the next decade.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

PLEASE JUMP!!!!

i gotta lot of fam looking for a seat on the big green bus!!!!

12. KILLER Klown

KILLER Klown New Member

don't do it !

13. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

Wow i guess you haven't been a fan long enough to remember the 3-13 and 1-15 gems of 1995 and 1996. Anyway if you ready to jump off your "bandwagon" now I say go for it. We need some fans with some loyalty and dedication. Don't let the door ........

14. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

jets fan need to stop jumping of the cliff b/c of one signing. as much as i hated tebow signing, i am not gonna stop watching/supporting the jets. do you want tebow fans/religious nuts to root for the jets instead? i dont think so...just like how the locker room needs to unite, the fans need to unite and believe in the jets as well...everyone just calm down!

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

This isn't even close to being a low point. There were plenty of years when the Jets sucked and nobody even cared, not the fans, not the front office and not even the media. This team doesn't suck, it's not even close to sucking and while they didn't make the playoffs last year and that DID suck there is no reason to think they can't this year. People hate Tebow and I see why but he will help the team, people forget how horrible Greene was on third and short and how Sanchez couldn't complete short passes to save his life when they counted most. Unless Tannenshit completely blows up the draft again with those 10 picks we should be a better team.

16. jlee499

jlee499 Member

If you do jump... you need to pass that avatar to someone. I love how that kid captures the true Jets attitude.

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Once the new "un-Schottenheimered" offense takes the field a lot of fears should die down. It's easy to fear the unknown - which the Sparano offense is. Once the Jets get a new WR (hopefully Braylon) and RT I think it'd take a herculean effort by Sparano to do worse than Schottenheimer. Tebow will simply be an act in this effort, not the main event.

18. Please. jets haven't had a losing season since 2007.

19. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Please, if you're even thinking about it, you're as good as gone. It's crazy for anyone here to say it's the worst it's been. 1-15 was by far the worst. 3-13, Bruce Coslet, the fake spike game, Joe Walton's last few years, draft miscues starting with O'Brien over Marino... Seriously, I can keep going on about this.

If you think this is bad, you have NO CLUE about being a Jets fan.

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

There were no years that I didn't care - so, of course it's my perspective...

And my perspective is that a Gimmick Offense will NEVER EVER win the Super Bowl without one of the biggest Miracles ever seen in sports..... And IMO It's Super Bowl or Bust - Don't tell me how next year's 9-7 is so much better than some 7-9 year in the 80's.

So, while those past years might have sucked, my perspective might have been at that point that we were closer to a potential rebuild with a REAL offense and a real franchise QB.

Where I sit today, I have to watch this gimmick offense run it's coarse BEFORE they finally decide to scrap it fire a few people and start over...

Where I sit today is Worse than a team in rebuild.... It's a team that needs a rebuild but, just doesn't know it yet.

We're TWO YEARS away from the Freaking Rebuild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to make matters worse - Yeah, of course this Crap will win a few games - just enough games to never be in position to draft a top QB and just enough games to remail in mediocrity.....

Sanchez needed help - he needed an OL, a Run game, consistent weapons, better coaching and play calls and heck a better defense...

What did he get NONE OF IT - He got Tebwomania waiting to steal play time while all those things weren't improves sans hopefully play calling.

Yeah, I'm not going anywhere - But, I've been around for a while and admit it or not - What you see here with the Jets is Below Horrible - It's below Rebuild.....

I can't wait for THE REBUILD!