Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

It's a great little argument, you'll get no argument there. If only the Jets were evaluating a starting Quarterback, the wonderful argument might hold a thimbleful of water. Shame.

The Jets are evaluating a Wildcat Quarterback. Elway is evaluating how to distance himself as far from a Wildcat Quarterback that is supposed to be a starting Quarterback as possible. How do you not understand this?

He's done with him, next stop, let's roll. We picked him up to do the EXACT thing that Elway got rid of him because it's all he could do. Do you want it in French?

2. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

yeah, let's go real extreme with what i said.

it is just a backup qb. you are trying to make it out to be a more important position because you want to take away from tebow. the broncos could have kept tim tebow as a backup but they let him go! they must think he sucks!

again, it's just a backup qb. our backup qb last year was 50 years old. did you consider him a security policy for mark sanchez?

was drew stanton going to salvage our season if sanchez went down? this is the same qb who came into the detroit game a couple years ago to throw an incompletion on 3rd down to stop the clock and give us a chance to tie the game.

3. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Yea, our last backup QB was SUCH an important role in our offense....how many times di he see the field?

This guy has positives all around, except for the off field BS which is a HUGE downside, but hey hes here it is what it is.

We now have a guy with a skillset that if used right can make alot of things happen, make the team alot of money, put asses in seats(make fun of this all you want but this is huge our fanbase has been horrible since the new stadium)

And if their current plan doesnt work out, there is still the possibility that he could get better at Qb and maybe take over(I dont agree with that but in making a decision it doesnt hurt that theres still other possibilitys)

I believe the Jets took ALL these thing into consideration before making this trade.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

^Good one^

I welcome Tebow to the mix. He explained today that there's a lot more to the "wildcat" than just the usual formation.

If we can use his athletism in various formations (some even unimaginable or never-before-seen) and it confuses defenses, why not?

As far as the "QB Controvery," bring it on. This is the NY Jets. Who ever said it was easy. And if Sanchez should falter and lose his job, so be it.
    Open up the competition man.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I've noticed that most jet fans i talk to that are older like the trade,and younger are not for it. I notice the same trend here(for the posters i know anyway). I know it doesn't have shit to do with shit,but just something i noticed.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Brunell was the Jets insurance policy if Sanchez went down last season. It wasn't a good insurance policy, but that's EXACTLY what a #2 QB is, an insurance policy. They aren't on the roster just for shits and giggles.

7. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Geriatric Brunell is a weightier insurance policy than the sincerity that is Tim Tebow?

Yeah, maybe life insurance.

8. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

It pains me to type this but...its true.

Jets if Tebow had to come in as backup QB and start > Jets with Brunell (same role)

Tebow is not here to be Backup QB.

He is also not here to be Starting QB.

#4288 Chrebet86, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  9. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Depends, as #2 QB's can play a number of roles, depending on the team. Sometimes, you get a vet who can both mentor a young starter and step in when needed. Other times, you have someone younger who will learn and grow as a QB, and hopefully, can step in when needed. He'll also provide competition for the QB.

Before Manning came to Denver and we talked about QBs on the forum, I made the point that when you have a young QB like Tebow, you don't bring in competition, rather, you bring in a mentor.

Seems that the Jet's have decided that Sanchez has been around long enough that the training wheels are off and that he will benefit now from competition. It's a transition that lot's of QBs have to make.

10. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Question to Tebow Fans: Do you see yourself becoming Jets fans and actually learning about and rooting for other players on this team? Or strictly backing Tebow?

11. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

you're trying to make the backup qb spot into an important position and it's not. That's really all there is to it. there was no reason to keep tebow and his circus around because he lost all value to them as soon as peyton signed.

That's just what you do with backup qbs. If you have one that can fetch value, you deal them away because having a starter quality backup qb is a waste.

12. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

For me, it depends on how long Tebow is here. I've already started trying to learn about the team and will continue to do so. The longer he is here, the more the relationship will develop and the deeper my feelings/ties to the Jets will be.

13. catsigater

catsigater New Member

A lot of that has to do with being able to see the games. I happened to move from KC to Wyoming the same month Tebow was drafted. I got every Bronco game and got to know the team quite well.

Probably won't get as many chances to see the Jets, but who knows?

14. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Ya know what the BS about all this is.

Before the Jets and NY became "The place i this league for a player like Tebow.." all the Tebow naysayers, meaning everyone other than someone like Skip Bayless would say in their analysis of him was that "he is a great football player just not QB."

"there is a place for him in thisn league but we just do not know where, and it is not as a Qb."

"Its as a running back or Tight end or some other position that takes advantage of his skills."

And once that became NY and they could spin this into at least a years worth of work and material, they forgot all that.

And unfortunately we are the fans that will have to deal with the BS speculation untill the team actually takes the field. Whether or not it will be successful of course cannot be guranteed.

Just as any football season or gameplan.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Great post, and totally agreed.

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You can see every game streamed live on the internet.

17. Sanchez Alvarez

It's not just Skip Bayless that thinks Tebow can play.

Tim Tebow will thrive under the spotlight of NY.

The bigger the expectations the better for Tebow. He will be changing alot of minds around NY when the NY fans start watching him play in and play out ( and he will play alot).

The play calling in Denver was horrible(Charles Barkley, style)!

I think that Sparano will be much more in tune with Tebow and will be far more creative.

Seriously, my 84 year old mother was calling plays at an 85% rate (around our living room full of family watching Broncos games) it was such a joke. They didn't give Tebow a chance for most of the game and that was why the reputation of three quarters of bad play came about.

The kid can play at this level and play winning football (keep your dang completion percentage stats for your fantasy leagues) and that is why they play the game, to win.

#4297 Sanchez Alvarez, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I think Tebow is a pretty good football player regardless of what john elway thinks.

Hopefully John Elway has made a rocky mountain brainfart and that the Jets have stolen a great young QB w/great upside in exchange for a 4th Rd Pick and that Manning and his surgically repaired neck are on the DL by Halloween.

Elway may well enter NFL lexicon as a verb if this blows up on him - "He Elwayed the team right into the basement"...as in he made a colossally stupid decision to trade away the future of his team for a battered old vet w/a bunch of surgical scars and not much left in the tank.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If he can cover a TE it will be a first safety to do it since we dumped Lowery.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I have seen Tebow play a number of times and can't remember remarking more on what kinds of terrible throws a QB has made more than Timmy Boy. Every time they show a slow-mo of one of his rare completions, you can easily see what a horribly thrown ball it was, and how the intended receiver has to put himself in harm's way so many times to make it a completion.

He's not a good passer, and Denver tried to use him like one anyway. He has such a low Interception ratio because those incompletions were so off target that not a receiver nor defender could get to it.

He's a spread player foremost and will probably be used at other positions because of his athleticism. Get used to it.