Kenrick Ellis Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GQMartin, Mar 26, 2012.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You guys feel like talking a little football?

What are your thoughts of the contributions (or lack thereof) Kenrick Ellis for the 2012 campaign?

I'd really like to see a huge spike in production/playing time for this guy as I know most of us do.

Hopefully he produces enough so the Jets would have to throw in more 4-3 packages up front with him next to Pouha and they can jam the middle. Maybe free up the outside making life easier for the pass rushers.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He didn't have a press conference so he's not important.enough to talk about

3. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I got him to follow me on twitter so he can suck and I'd still like him.

Seriously though, I was surprised at the lack of playing time his rookie season. Hopefully Rex can coach him up a bit more. Him and Wilk on that line could be a force for years to come.

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Wow I'm retarded I always thought his first name was Kendrick, not Kenrick... I don't read as well as I thought

#4 VanderbiltJets, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Hopefully he's been working hard on technique this offseason because until he improves that he won't be able to stay on the field. If he does he could make a huge jump in year 2.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Then we need to e-mail Mr. Johnson and complain about the lack of press conferences.

Send this to: wjohnson@jets.nfl.com

Mr Johnson,

Why u no have press conference for Kenrick Ellis?

Sincerely,
    GQSanchez

#6 GQMartin, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I am hoping that the 2 biggest surprises in camp/pre-season and much bigger contributors during the season will be Ellis in defense and Ducassee on offense. I saw flashes from Ellis that tell me ha has the goods to be a starter.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Write him off. He's a "druggie".

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm really curious how much he is going to weigh going into OTAs.

10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Well, let's consider his absolute and utter lack of a REAL off season and training camp last year and we'll start the discussion right there.

I, personally, think we see a bit of improvement...maybe 50% more snaps than last year...but nothing significant. In fact, most rookies from last year's class, outside a handful, are not all that far along...unless they had significant playing time, ala Cam Newton, Andy Dalton and our own Wilkerson. We'll see, though.

11. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

It would be an honeur to smoke a blunt with Sir Ricky Williams. I would probably laugh in Santonio's face about any of a number of things if we got a circle going so I'd need to make sure Kenrick is there to have my back if Tone gets all crazy bout it.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Good point, everyone keeps saying in interviews they are looking forward to getting back to Cortland.

14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You know...the team building aspect is something that I notice a TON of fans completely forget or disregard totally.

Give me a handful of super stars and a TEAM of good players and the TEAM will spank, smoke and dominate 9 out of 10 times on any field of play...no matter what sport but especially in sports like football where 11 moving parts have to be on the same page at all times.

This just hasn't been discussed enough and Rex Ryan has been completely blasted out of the water on just about every facet of "losing" his team last year. For a boisterous man like him (I've played for a few), it's essential to have the "all in" attitude and team first mentality...that is ALL done in training camp. Everyone says "well, they're NFL guys and professionals...etc..." But they are human too. You build team and humility and togetherness through personal strife together. That's how it's done. I find it VERY difficult to believe that this guy leads his TEAM to back to back AFC championship games in his FIRST two years and then utterly $h1ts the bed. Nope...there is more to it. And that is common sense talking...not emotion........that seems to be rampant on this board...ala how many Tim Tebow threads there are.

15. PolygamyWinsChampionships

Plus a non-elite nose tackle project is born to suffer in their first year in the league. Kid's going to get nothing but better...we'll find out if that's good enough in a year or two.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I like Ellis going forward. He will get a full offseason training program which can only help. One thing he always did that I liked was his ability to keep his eye on the QB and the ball. I saw on a few occasions right as the QB was about to throw a pass he would release from his blocker and get up and bat the ball down. Worst case scenario we have another Pouha type. He is a huge body in the middle.

17. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

He'll be shipped of to where ever he's from

18. PolygamyWinsChampionships

And Mike DeVito's reign of terror continues at that point.

19. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

So long as Pouha and Pitoitua stay healthy Ellis' year 2 readiness shouldn't be a concern, but year 2 development is still very important

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think Tannenbaum couldn't pick a lineman on either side of the ball if his life depended on it..not since Ferguson and Mangold anyway and I suspect somebody whispered in his ear on those two.