All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. tzinc

tzinc New Member

Love it:
    1) Sanchez performs well and Tebow is a great Wildcat QB/Red Zone QB (Tebow is pretty much automatic in the red zone and on 2 point conversations) for the Jets adding in essence a RB who can also pass. Sanchez takes the team into the playoffs and at least 1 win and if they get on a roll...

2) Sanchez fails. Tebow does with the Jets what he did in Den. Takes the team into the playoffs and gets a least 1 win and if they get on a roll...

2. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

... we get to sign one of the best QB's of all time to replace him and trade him for a 4th rounder and get someone to pay half his shit as we kick him out the door?

If that is the end game to all this count me in......

3. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

What I hope happens: it works out and that Sanchez plays great, while Tebow brings a change-of-pace element to the game that gets the Jets over the hump.

Now, on to what my (admittedly pessimistic) brain says: The offensive staff runs the wildcat obsessively often, to little tangible effect, which also prevents Sanchez and the regular offense from getting into any kind of rhythm. The first time the Jets lose, or the first time Sanchez plays poorly (not always the same), the chant starts in some quarters for Tebow. Division enters the locker room, the team (especially the offense) begins to sputter (more), and the Jets limp to another 8-8 record. Possibly worse if the o-line doesn't improve.

Hope I'm wrong and this post is later brought up so we can all laugh at it.

4. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

i think alot forget how many Sanchez Sucks threads there were here sanchez's 1st season......hes the same shit different game going into his 4th.....Tebow is here to take it.....Tebow knows it Rex knows it Sanchez knows it

5. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Timothy will be used in a wildcat role throughout the season and, despite media pressure, Sanchez will keep the starting job throughout the entire season.

6. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I might be one of the few on here who thinks the Jets are going to have a monster year next season. We have alot of young guys on our defense who are going to develop very well, most excited to see Mo Wilk have a monster year. Not to mention we are most likely going to be drafting a great young pass rusher in the first round.
    As for the offense, I think Tebow and Sanchez will work well together. Tebow will improve Mark's work ethic and Sanchez will have a career year. Tebow will be the "wildcat" guy and will score 5-9 rushing TDs and throw for a couple too.

My prediction: Jets go 11-5 and AT LEAST get to another AFCCG...

7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This is what I'll go on the record and say...the NY Jets will make the playoffs this year and NO ONE is going to want to play them. NO ONE.

Plain and simple...how they get there...who really cares, I do not. I will settle for NOTHING less than an appearance in the 2013 AFCC Game and expect the Super Bowl.

{edit}

Also, I WANT them on the road....the whole way. I do not know what it is but these guys, for years now, just do not get it done at home. I don't know why.

8. WWTD

WWTD New Member

You have to go with the best quarterback on your roster. If that's Mark fine. If it's Tim then so be it. It would be moronic to go with a certain player just because they make more money or whatever.

It's about winning and both Mark and Tim have shown that they are winners in the NFL.

9. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I didn't notice we promoted another mod

10. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

please re watch NYJ vs NE last game / Tebow vs NE playoffs......that should cool you off.
    if we cant get past NE WE CANT.........

11. MrNoise

MrNoise New Member

Should wait till season is underway for all you know this could work out.

I think Rex is taking a gamble because his and Tanny's jobs were on the line this season after the last season blowups and failures. So really now he is playing with house money hoping that bringing in Tebow can somehow save his job.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Pretty fair assessment. If Tebow becomes an issue they are both gone.

13. mezzavo

Go one year further back when they were operating as a TEAM and I'll show you a Jets team that smoked a NE team in their house. So, yeah, going to NE doesn't worry me in the slightest if the Jets are playing as a unit and relying on one another.

14. TebowTrollCoach

Couple hard core Bama fans here..It's been a long time since a Bama QB led the JETS.. McElroy sure has a following there..but had Mark Ingram and Julio Jones picked another school, McElroy wouldn't be in the NFL this year.

15. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Im pretty sure we were 6-2 at home last year....

Pretty sure that means we only won 2 games on the road.....

16. GATA

GATA Member

Dear Mr Johnson's Assistants

Please make sure he gets all the complaints the fans have without throwing his mail out.

Sincerely,

Another Disgruntled fan.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

MY PREDICTION:

We start the season 1-3. Sanchez continues to choke and stumble in passing situations and resembles his performances in late 2011. Meanwhile, Tebow has been used sparingly and somewhat successfully despite some INTs and shorcomings. His insertions are more successful than uncuccessful, however, and he starts to develope as a better passer.

Ryan continues to "support" Sanchez by saying "He's our starting QB," but no one is really buying this BS. Tebow throws some game-winning TDs as well as running plays during the next 4 games and now we have worked our way back to 4-4 midway in the season. Fan pressure builds and Ryan finally inserts Tebow in Game 9 as the starter. The Jets finish 10-6 and make the POs with Sanchez on the bench, body language screaming to be traded.

We defeat NE and Denver in the POs and go to the Big One, only to lose to the NY Giants.

18. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

I think it all depends on how the coaches and management respond to the media bs. I felt this move was pretty crazy, but no one will understand the true dynamic until we're into the season. The media 'circus' we have supposedly brought upon ourselves will just be an extension of the already endless reports of locker room disharmony, tension between Sanchez and Rex and so on. The only thing that stops this from happening is if we play realy, really well and win A LOT.

My prediction is Sanchez plays better than last season, perhaps his best year. Tebow will contribute a lot in some games and not much in others but make a series of big plays throughout the season. I say we sneak into the playoffs but there are continual calls for Tebow to take over any time we lose.
    To be honest much of this depends on the coaching and the 50-something other players on the roster. Wayne Hunter (or his replacement's) performance will be more important than Tebow's as will Shonn Greene's and the defensive side of the ball as a whole. Not that it will stop the idiot media from reporting on Tebow vs Sanchez constantly.

19. mezzavo

last year...take a 6 year sample: we are 26 -22...HARDLY what I would call a home field advantage at just over 50%

Compare that to a team like NE, Baltimore, Pittsburg or Indianapolis and you see where I'm going with it.

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

^^^ I officially don't like you.