Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

with the addition of tebow..

i think we should go for 2 EVERY SINGLE TIME.

who's with me??

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

i just looked it up. orton was 1-4 when he was replaced by TT.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Don't forget 3-10 the year before. Had a big 'ol tank of goodwill stored up with the fans.

Too bad the Broncos had to chunk that awesome "system" they had when Tebow also tried to win games with it. At some point, you have to question the play-calling and scheme design.

4. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Agree with all the above.

5. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I'm not some Sanchez nut. If he doesn't pan out I hope the Jets, as soon as possible, go elsewhere for their QB.

I don't support Sanchez because I am drawn to him as a person, or the glamour and lifestyle, or whatever extracurricular things he has going on in his life. I think he can be this team's long term QB. On that alone, I am invested in supporting him as a fan. I would be the first to line up and say that I was wrong about him, should he fall flat on his face and become a bust.

On that same note, my uneasiness about Tebow has nothing to do with his faith or on-field behavior. I honestly have no opinion about those things. It has to do with his QB play and what I see is his ceiling in that position. I am no expert on QB's. I come here to talk and read with other fans on their thoughts.

#4145 RobertTheJr, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I've been going to their games since 1986 and I've been a season ticket holder since 1991. I sat there in the freezing cold for Joe Walton's last game - a shutout at the hands of the Steelers. I was there for the fake spike. I was there when they broke Cunningham's leg and proceeded to blow a huge lead to Bubby Brister. I was there when Dennis Byrd got crippled. I can't tell you how many times I saw them lose to Jim Kelly's Bills. So I feel your pain. But these are the same people saying the same shit over and over again like it is going to change something. The trade is now history. Tebow is going to be used whether we like it or not. I'm just hoping for the best like I have the past 30 years. If I weren't an optimist, I would have given up on this franchise eons ago.

-Ed-

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I do not like the thought of this Jets offense seeing Tebow touching the ball 20+ times a game.

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

seems like we have upgraded at backup qb which is important because sanchez could go out with an injury for a few games and drew stanton didn't seem like the answer. hopefully TT and MS both improve and both help the Jets bounce back this season. I don't really understand why some folks are so upset with bringing in TT for a 4th rounder. seems like a pretty good trade to me.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It isn't. I answered you in another thread on this. The Jets need to be prepared to change their offense to the single wing if Sanchez gets hurt. Why? Because even the Broncos coach last year said if Tebow had to run a regular offense, he'd be screwed.
    Essentially, the Jets need to be able to run a standard offense, plus the single wing in case of emergency (Sanchez getting hurt). That's way too much to expect from a team. Could they? Maybe. Guys were complaining the offense was too complex last year. Imagine learning two offenses?

As far as the wildcat goes, I challenge anyone to tell me what team effectively ran the wildcat last year. It's antiquated. If so, is it worth 2 draft picks for a backup when the team has so many other needs?

If it's "a football move", why are the Jets holding a major press conference to announce a backup QB? Why did they fly Tebow cross country on a private jet with a tail wing saying "N15QB"?

It's a damn show. Why can't people grasp this?

10. LGENF

LGENF Banned

quit lying

They gave up a 4th and traded a 6th for a 7th

That is not giving up 2 draft picks, that's one and swapping positions

11. KWJetsFan

After trading Stanton. And really, that's what you took from that, huh? Care to actually dispute the rest of my argument?

12. TebowTrollCoach

Now you're talkin'.. I think they should go for it every time.

13. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Maybe some of us understand that it can be both ?

WRT the wildcat, if the Coaches know what they are doing, it'll be a "wildcat" like you have never seen before.

14. KWJetsFan

You don't think there is a reason why coaches have strayed away from the wildcat recently? Are there no athletes as amazing as Tebow in the league? If not, I guess that's why coaches don't utilize it often. That, or defenses have it figured out.

Or, Tebow is such the amazing player, and Sparano is such the amazing coordinator (despite never having that job before), that defenses will be dazzled by their new, baffling wildcat.

15. Demosthenes9

Wrong. With Stanton still on the team, the Jet's gave the Broncos their 4th and their 6th, AND the Broncos gave the Jet's Tebow and a 7th round pick. The Jet's then also agreed to pony up the ~$2.5 mil that Denver had advanced to Tebow.

16. KWJetsFan

That's what I said. The Jets gave up two picks. (a fourth and a 6th).

You actually made it worse by acknowledging the Jets stupidity in paying an additional 2.5 million for a backup QB. Thanks.

17. KWJetsFan

Again, please feel free to argue my on field football points. Oh wait...you can't.

18. Demosthenes9

Sure, there's a reason why teams strayed away from the WC. It's because when you bring an actual freaking RB in for a direct snap, it's not all that hard to defend.

BUT, when you have a QB getting the direct snap, that changes things. Even without figuring in the Option, it still changes the numbers.

What I'm really hoping is that when Tebow is brought in, they will use the Spread Option as it definitely gives the offense the advantage.

19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

That is Tebow's plane...a Hawker 900. Do you think the Jets went out and bought him a jet and registered it with N15QB? By the way, he did a ton of flying on it last year.

20. Demosthenes9

But you left out the part where the Jets GOT A PICK BACK.

here, let me make it simple for you. YOU go into a grocery store and purchase a loaf of bread. YOU give the cashier $10. The cashier gives you back $8 in change.

Based on the underlying logic of your previous post, you would then come here to the forum and try to tell everyone that you just had to pay $10 freaking dollars for a loaf of bread, because you didn't take into account that the cashier gave you $8 in freaking change.