Rex makes a statement about the trade..Finally

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Mar 22, 2012.

1. LGENF

LGENF Banned

He DID

He reached out and called Tebow

He showed his cards already, instead of waiting for Tebow to reach out to him, he realized a real leader just came to the team, and he flinched

2. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Honestly these Anonymous Jets need to rot in hell I bet its Tanner Purdum

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

WTF does this mean....... seriously?

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Is this a joke? Saint Tebow said in his phone conference found easily on the Jets official website that he and Sanchez have been friends for years. So Mark called his friend and welcomed him to the team. Stop turning it into a soap opera.

5. Acouple things.

1. I would argue that bringing Tebow in before the offense is truly installed is ideal. This way, alll relevant parties know their role, have the same learning curve and are moving at the same pace . This offense is going to be completely different in almost all facets. The only thing that is the same is a large portion of the personnel and the emphasis on "ground & pound". Gone will be air coryell/bunched formation nonsense. This is gonna be an offense predicated on a physical running game and taking shots down field.

2. I'm sure there will be new wrinkles Sparano has in mind for the WC. Additionally, I don't think the WC has been figured out or "shut down". It just doesn't have quite the big play success as it once did. It has about the same success rate as any other running play, but gives the defense more to worry about pre-snap. If you have the right personell to run it...it becomes that much more effective. Tebow & Sparano could be a deadly combination

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

We are not only talking here about bringing in a new O. We are talking about an O that will have two Qb's featured, if the hype coming out of Jetland is to be believed. That is different than what Denver had last year, even what Miami had with Chad and Ronnie Brown, and what the Jets had with Brad Smith still here. It will not be just a handful of plays like for Smith.

As for your second point, it is indisputable that the NFL has seen less and less use of the wildcat. That is not because it is successful. If it were successful more teams would be using it.

The wildcat caught some teams off guard. At first. It doesn't anymore.

Back to the O - you and other optimists leave out all the problems with coming up with an O designed to utilize two QB's (another basic approach that no one else uses, for some reason). Gone is a Qb establishing a rhythm. Gone is any chance to limit the opponent's defensive substitutions.

I also think it inevitably will lead to there being two camps in the locker room.

Yeah, the optimists leave a great deal out of the analysis.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

When I think of all those Super Bowl teams that won using the WC, I can't wait to see the Jets run their version.