Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Woody Johnson doesn't read TGG.

2. alwaysthejets

alwaysthejets New Member

Is it accurate that Rex said to Jason LaCanfora tonight that Tim might be seeing 20 snaps or more a game at the QB position alone?

Is there anyone who can put that in perspective for me, as in, maybe, isn't that a little much? Or, maybe it's not? How many snaps (roughly/on avg.) does a QB usually takes during the course of the game?

Or is there anyone who can just generally answer if that's a significant number that will lead to conflict/controversy?

I don't recall how often Brad Smith was touching the ball at QB when we used him as a change of pace, but I don't feel as if it was that often. There are so many people here who really have a better handle on what that might mean. So, I thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed some light on that.

3. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

This is a forum for fans of the NY Jets. Most of us have been through a lot as fans of this franchise, have been let down time and time again, have seen this franchise make business decisions that made little sense, have been ridiculed by the media, the sports world, and fans of other teams. Although this is just a game, we all put our personal and professional responsibilities aside for a couple of hours every week to support the team that, for whatever reason, occupies our interest.

Everyone saw the team perform last year and can put a finger on the positions that need to be strengthened before any other needs are addressed. So far, beyond safety, nothing has been done. However, this team entered a worm-hole of NFL decisions (not unusual for this team) and has put its fan base and players in an exhausting position of having to rationalize this move. People who have been invested in Sanchez and were excited to see this season begin and confirm or deny whether their individual hopes for a franchise QB would develop after two successful years and one step back. Now we have to wonder what this organization has going on in the back of its mind. The three years that we have seen Sanchez develop, succeed, win big, lose big, struggle, be ridiculed, blasted by the media like few else in the sports world have ever seen, is put into question. We as fans should be allowed to wonder what the motive of all of this is.

So if people want to come here one by one to voice their displeasure in this move, it shouldn't strike you as unusual or redundant.

4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think the average football game gives a team 60 to 90 snaps. 20 is a butt-load. Seems unlikely.

5. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

@Steiny31 Reply Retweet Favorite ยท Open
    I know this sounds weird, but I'm dead serious. Tim Tebow has great chemistry with #Jets WR Eron Riley. Take a look:

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Incredible post, and almost ridiculously well written.

We might or might not agree on Tebow on some things (he is the mad hatter in your wormhole after all) but you are laying out your thoughts on the line and I respect it 100%.

Think Occam's razor (whomever does not know look it up) , Sanchez played his best ball under the pressure of the post season , Tebow will make him rise and Tebow will make himself rise in the eyes of all the other NFL teams.

#4126 CowboysFan, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  7. alwaysthejets

alwaysthejets New Member

Oh, really? That's the range? Thank you for helping me out on the range. I thought 20 seemed... like a lot. But, I wanted to be sure. You confirmed that for me.

I was able to track down a couple of articles indicating Rex said that now, initially I'd only seen it being discussed in passing with no proof Rex said it: NFL.com: Tebow 20 snaps and NBC Sports: Tebow 20 snaps.

8. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Range is a little off. It's usually between 60-70 snaps per team.

Average is in the low 60s.

9. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Add in a heaping helping of over-the-top praise, and you have Tebow's first two years in a nutshell.

10. alwaysthejets

alwaysthejets New Member

Thanks. So, we could, on average, be talking roughly a third of the snaps during the course of a game. That is definitely more than I anticipated, framed in that context.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Not sure why the Jets are trying to do it but they're definitely undermining Sanchez at this point. It would make sense if they had decided to move on, it just seems awfully strange in the context of they just gave him a two year guarantee.

I guess we have to mark it up to "they don't know what the hell they're doing/plan changes from week to week". That's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

12. LGENF

LGENF Banned

Oh come on now, he has also been the MOST rediculed, picked apart, criticized, broken down and bagged on player over the last two years as well

It wasn't all sunshine and roses being blown up his ass like the picture your painting

13. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Not to mention 60 yard field goals and stellar defensive play

14. LGENF

LGENF Banned

The real question is, WOULD they have given him the bump and extension IF Tebow was already on the team

15. LGENF

LGENF Banned

It may be more as the season goes on

16. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I don't often sink to this level of condescension with my replies, but here goes.

You obviously weren't reading for comprehension.

So to help you out, I'll repost again and then explain it for you below...

Add in a heaping helping of over-the-top praise, and you have Tebow's first two years in a nutshell.[/quote]

See, far from painting a picture of "all sunshine and roses," my comment says that, much like Sanchez, we've also seen Tebow "develop, succeed, win big, lose big, struggle, be ridiculed, blasted by the media like few else in the sports world have ever seen."

Does that sound like "all sunshine and roses being blown up his ass"?

I happen to think he was also the subject of over-the-top praise from some quarters, which I can certainly support if needed.

You sound like exactly what a lot of Jets' fans are dreading, zealots who take umbrage at any criticism whatsoever of their hero and are quick to the trigger anytime someone else simply attempts to be objective.

Good luck with that on this board.

#4136 catsigater, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

[YOUTUBE]OzdspnasHpw[/YOUTUBE]

18. catsigater

catsigater New Member

That never gets old.

19. LGENF

LGENF Banned

Maybe the ridicule you speak of about Sanchez maybe something inside NY, but the scrutiny that Tebow got Nationally puts it to shame

I am not a Tebow apologist he needs to work on things, but I also watched every game of his last year and although his accuracy need to improve the Denver WRs dropped a higher than usual amount and his comp percentage should be higher

With that said, his biggest flaw with throwing is that he doesn't throw to tight windows rather throws to open WRs, if they are open he delivers it, if the are only slightly open he will put the ball low and outside to steal a BB term. If his guys couldn't get it, no one was going to get it, when he improves on that VISION Sanchez won't be a JET anymore, until he does improve though that will be the greatest thing holding him back and preventing him from moving up.

20. 9798

9798 New Member

0-0 when all the chants started.