Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

2. reverseapachemaster

Yep. Look at plays like the wildcat, options, reverses, QB sneaks, etc. These are all plays that deviate from the norm. They are not great plays but they can bring great success through the element of surprise. Once you lose the element of surprise it's usually not a great play.

The Denver offense was chock full of option plays and a lot of QB running, which is abnormal. It took a lot of defenses by surprise, especially early on. So it was successful. But then you look to the end of the season. The last three season games and playoff games had Denver at 1-4. You can see there's a big break where the defenses were prepared for the strategy. It lost the element of surprise. Yes, Denver squeaked out that win against Pittsburgh in the wildcard -- and I'm not going to discredit the win -- but they lost to some weak teams before that.

This is exactly why Tebow should not be the #1. The biggest thing he brings to the team is confusion and surprise to the defense. Sometimes he's the wildcat. Sometimes he's out there blocking or taking a hand off. Maybe a reception. Maybe he even takes a few snaps as QB just to mix it up. That stretches out the defense on the field and preparing for the game. It's the gimmick Denver had last season but times ten. That's the benefit. It's an added bonus if Tebow makes big plays (and he'll probably make some). The strategy will probably work tremendously in the beginning of the season. Teams will start to get a handle on it (because every strategy has a weakness) and it will probably be of significantly less value next year and the one after. But if Tebow is the starting QB you lose the complexity and surprise. He becomes less valuable to the team.

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

what difference does it make? People admire the guy for being a good person, a good leader and a gifted football player, he prays to a God that he believes in and finds that his faith is a source of strength for him. I think its pretty cool and that he seems like a cool person. I've got no problem if some people root for the Jets because we have TT on the roster - the more fans the merrier. I hope they go 16-0 next season w/Sanchez having a breakout all pro season.

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Okay I was just checking to see if you watched Tebow guide the previously pathetic broncos into the playoffs and to a playoff win over the Steelers. I get that you are not impressed by a second yr QB coming in off the bench and achieving that. I'm just not sure why you don't think that is an impressive accomplishment by this QB. Isn't winning football games what it is all about? He won. You got to give it up for the man and you've got to be happy that we have Tebow instead of Drew Stanton. You are happy right?

5. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it makes any difference, I'm saying it would actually be interesting to see how many new fans are flocking to the Jets solely based on the Tebow signing. Some people are pretty obviously here to talk only about Tebow and could care less about what team he's on. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but they're not automatically Jets fans just because we signed the guy.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It makes a difference because those Tebow fans will be calling for Mark's head after every bad play. I don't care what religion the guy follows, I just don't like fairweather fans, which is exactly what Tebow will bring.

7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Skip Bayless brought up an interesting point: He said Mark doesn't play like a jet, and that Tebow was brought in because he does. I don't agree because Mark took hard hits and got back up and played. But his body language troubles me, he gives up mentally in my opinion far too easily. Anyone else think that?

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I doubt they will stay once they realize he really is the backup and will remain that all year long. Whatever they think they accomplished in Denver is moot, they will find out soon enough that this is NY and a totally different mindset rules the day here.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Quite a few,but they will be tagged easily by their March 12 join date. We still have some here that jumped on the Jetwagon when Favre came in.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Skip Bayless is a moron

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It's pretty clear that the D and run game carried that team. Tebow was opportunistic and clutch, he deserves credit for that, but if Tebow is on a team with a shitty defense that team is fucked. They fall behind and forced to pass then Tebow is forced to become a pocket passer which he ain't.

12. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

The funny thing is, it won't be the Tebowmaniacs that call for Sanchezs head, it will be the Jets fans that have been going to games for years. Sure, Tebow nut-jobs will spout anything on a message board, but it will be Jets fans chanting, "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow". If that happens, just understand that they are Jets fans doing it. Not many people are going to fly up from Florida to attend games in New Jersey.

Part of it is that the media will mention that possibility so much between now and then that idiot fans will think--well screw it, Sanchez is sucking it up, now I'm supposed to chant Tebows name. I really don't know why people are drawn to Tebow, but you watch....long time Jets fans, some who even despised Tebow will come to back him, even chant his name.

It was the same thing in Denver, nobody was chanting his name until they saw him play in the last three games of 2010. Fans who could have cared less for Tim suddenly wanted him on the field. It was Bronco fans chanting his name, not a gaggle of Gator fans and/or Christian nut-jobs. The media will lead you to believe otherwise, but honestly there just aren't that many Gator fans out there.

If it happens, it will be Jets fans chanting his name. You might be one of them.

13. 9798

9798 New Member

the broncos didn't get through one game without tebow fans chanting tebow-tebow. tebow was the 3rd string QB,practicly the 4th string cause even adam weber the 4th string QB was out performing him. so we had orton #1,quinn#2 & tebow #3 but cuz tebow fans were so loud tebow leaped over quinn to become starter. tebow played poorly in practice.

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

what was orton's record?

15. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

Spin it any way you want....they were Broncos fans chanting his name, not Tebow fans following him around the country.

It's going to be fun watching the converts here over time. It will be Jets fans chanting his name, not Tebow fans that got tickets on stubhub. I mean honestly....do you think mile high stadium had enough non-bronco Tebow fans to fill the stadium with roaring chants of Tebows name? Do you think Jets home games will have 30,000 Tebow only fans chanting his name?

NO. That's absurd. If and when Tebows name is chanted this season it will be by long-standing Jets fans. If you want to complain you will have to either look in the mirror real hard or walk next door and punch your neighbor in the face.

16. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

This is why Im trying to put aside the feeling that its ALL marketing (we know it has at least something to do with it), but this has the chance to be an effective football move especially considering Sporanos style.

17. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

"Tanny Sucks" might get more chants than "Tebow". The last person I recall getting mentioned by name in any chants was Schotty. The Jets already have the best chant in the league and it's rare to hear any other chants.

18. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

I do like the J E T S JETSJETSJETS! Chant :metal:

19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I think if we all keep posting how bad Tebow is and what a horrible trade it was, it will force Woody to demand that Tanny trade him or cut him. What do you think? No? Well, let's still regurgitate the same shit over and over again anyway. You never know.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Every little bit that contributes to Woody understanding that winning the off-season is for the likes of Dan Snyder and not the way to a Super Bowl helps.

If Woody is a promoter above all else and not interested in doing the hard work associated with building an elite team then we're screwed no matter what happens.

If he is not all-out interested in promotion and willing to learn then we have hope.

I think having the promotional stuff blow up in his face is a positive thing. It gives him learning opportunities. The question is what does he do with them?