All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I think Santonio Holmes will implode because the Jets offensive staff will make more of an effort to get packages in for Tebow than for him. He will crack like the San Andreas fault and the consequences of this will be disastrous. Mike and Rex will loose their jobs and Sparano will be the new HC of the new York Jets, beginning the next cycle of what is doomed to be the Jet fans biggest fear, a repeat of the 1990's.

2. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

For those saying Sparano will be the coach, Woody is too much of a name-chaser, jock-sniffer to EVER let that happen. I could see them bringing GEORGE SEIFERT in before I could ever see Sparano running the team.

3. duncc5

duncc5 Member

6-10 reps per game as wildcat QB, 6-10+ reps per game as H-Back/Decoy/TE. If he can embrace this role I see him having a excellent season (over 1000 yds total O)

Regardless of his performance, though, I think he will be a leader in the locker room. He is and always will be a team first guy who genuinely cares about his teammates. I'm not saying he's going to be the de facto team captain, but it's hard not to like this kid.

#223 duncc5, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  4. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

To counter Tebow's running, teams were at times leaving the WR's in single coverage and stacking the box.

Holmes is not Thomas or Decker. If you give him single coverage he's going to get major separation. Holmes will be shitting down the throats of opposing CBs if they try to pull that when Tebow is in the game. As much as people think Holmes will hate Tebow, he may end up loving him.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Being overly for or against the trade at this point is a bit reactionary. To be able to guage it we really need to see how this plays out over the course of a season.

My main concern is will Tebow the football player be worth Tebow the following. This is going to be a huge distraction to a already fractured, distracted locker room. As many have said or reported on backup QB's do not get press conferences. Tebow is more than your normal backup. That said he is not a pure Back up QB and will force us to change our entire offense if we go with him as more than a gadget player due to Mark playing poorly or an injury.

Tebow will push Sanchez to be better. He will be the best wild cat QB we have had. He is a play maker. I just do not like the things he brings outside the locker room. He is a circus, a brand, a huge media storm waiting to happen. He's LeBron meets Pat Robinson all rolled into one. One thing is sure, if this blows up in our faces there will be a lot of change coming down the pike for the NY Jets.

6. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

If the coaches feel Tebow will give them the best chance to win he will play. It really is that simple. You already know Woody is behind the scenes hoping Tebow explodes so jersey sales fly through the roof and the Jets get SI covers and all that other jazz.

7. iJet

iJet Member

1. sanchez gets better , tebow will be in the wildcat,(optional: might get more snaps if sanchez plays bad)

8. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Like it. Sanchez will thrive from finally having competition. Tebow will have 7 rushing TD's. Brady will get injured and miss a few games and we go 10-6 and win the division.

9. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Or what if Tebow completely sucks through TC and preseason? Constant over throws, ints but McElroy out performs him? Then what happens with TheHolyCat?

10. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

Tebow will improve his mechanics and look like a much more viable option as the starter than anyone could have imagined, but rightfully so, Sanchez will be the starter. Tebow will get a 5-10 touches intermittently throughout the game, but won't make that big a difference in a part time role. Sanchez will remain the starter for the season and the Jets will miss out on the playoffs barely. Sanchezs numbers won't be bad, but won't be great either.

Training camp before the 2013 season Tebow has honed his mechanics and learned to hit check downs instead of always looking for the home run. The coaches want to start him, but keep Sanchez as the starter until the Jets start 2-3. Tebow comes in and rallies the team in a come from behind victory. He earns the starting job and the team rallies around him. With an improved ground attack and a higher percentage short air attack under an improved Tebow, the Jets offense takes off. They still miss the playoffs due to the poor start, but the future is looking up.

Tebow continues to develop as a passer, leads the team to the Super Bowl in 2014/15.

Everyone here who hates him watches the Super Bowl with their number 15 jersey chanting Tebows name.

Tim loses his virginity in 2015.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That won't happen for a few reasons.

1) Mark will get all of the 1st team snaps.
    2) Tebow is supposedly a terrible practice player.
    3) McElroy has an arm weaker than Pennington after 35 shoulder surgeries.

You do make an excellent point though. Should Tebow excel against the 2nd and 3rd team defenses he faces in preseason it's going to begin and accelerate the start Tebow avalanche.

12. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

Even though I support Tebow, McElroy is someone that I feel is very under-rated. He has that cocky attitude that makes you want to slap him, but the dude could be a good leader and has more talent than he gets credit for. He's scrappy and smart.

13. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Everyone assumes Tim is a lock to run in here and succeed. What if he struggles himself?

14. jaybny

jaybny Banned

Tebow will play the Brad Smith role. He will have 1 passing TD and 4 rushing TDs, all from the wildcat.

Jets will host NE in Div Playoffs. final score. 19 - 17 Jets.

Tebow finds he calling in NY nightlife, give up Jesus, takes up young blondes.

15. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

agreed and our starting QB does not need the job merely given to him. He has to earn it! Then he has to keep earning each week!

16. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Holy shit! You need to ease up on either the caffeine or the crack!

17. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

I'm sure he will. New team, new system....he probably will struggle.

18. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

you ar ewrong about the strength of McElroy's arm. His problem is that when he is rushed he does not set well and his throws are weak. But when he has time and can set his feet he can make nearly every throw ACCURATELY. The guy performed well in preseason without the benefit of OTAs and minicamps. Lets wait and see how he develops. The knock on Brady coming out of college was that he had a weak arm. I think he adjusted pretty well, wouldn't you?

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I could certainly be wrong, but what I saw watching him in the preseason was a very weak arm. I'm not basing that opinion on some scouting report out of college.

20. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

No, upon breaking camp, the starting QB needs to be the player who has brought the Jets to two AFC Championship Games in the past three seasons, who the Jets drafted in the Top 5, and who the Jets just gave a big contract extension to. Not the one who was brought in to be an emergency quarterback only because he can't throw and who will only be used in specific wildcat-related packages.