All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Sanchez will play lights out making the whole wildcat and Tebow utterly useless thus wasting two draft picks. jets go 13-3 at worst

2. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Sanchez starts out shaky and everyone is calling for Tebow, we don't make a change.

Then it gets better -we ring out a streak of 3 games won with Sanchez hitting 60% accuracy, TGG lovefest pours out for the Sanch -- completely disregarding we've played atrocious defenses.

Sanchez then sucks for the next - games. Everyone calls for his head. Media pours it on. Cimini writes article "IS TEBOW THE ANSWER?!" Gary Myers follows suit. Half of New York is clamoring for Tebow.

Game 10 Tebow starts, wins game in dramatic fashion. Back page of NYPOST is some stupid pun using Tebow's name "SAVIOR" or some shit.

Tebow pulls off miracle win following week again.

Game 12 Tebow is completely shut down, Tebow defense force out in full strength.

Game 13 Tebow is destroyed, Jets lose 45-6, Sanchez comes in for him in the 3rd quarter with 5 minutes left to go. Jets fans are depressed, record drops to 7-6.

Game 14 Tebow starts, but after an ineffective 1st quarter, Sanchez comes in in the second, gets blasted. Tebow is back in the third quarter and we just keep running the ball, meanwhile the score is still 19-10 other team. We have a chance. 4th quarter Tebow is making a comeback, but the other team is forcing him to throw and he can't - gets intercepted at the opponent's 5 yard line and defender returns it for a touchdown. Game over.
    7-7

Game 15 Sanchez starts, Rex is crying to media that we will make playoffs and that he believes in this team. Goes 2/15 in completions in the first half. The next half Mangold goes down with a season ending injury and the blitz pressure up the middle makes Sanchez throw 4 picks and brings in Tebow who subsequently throws 2 more picks.
    7-8

Game 16 Tebow starts, Jets are completely eliminated at this point. Tebow throws 4 tds on route to a win against a hapless Jags team. Sanchez leaves in the middle of the Second period as he has completely checked out. Darelle Revis gives a postgame interview which indicates he's noncommittal about where he wants to play next year, but it sounds like he doesn't want to be a Jet anymore.

The following morning Woody Johnson announces the firing of Tennanbaum. Rex stays.

Woody hires Bill Polian to take over managing operations. Cuts DBrickshaw, Sanchez to save capspace.

Jets go 5-11 following year with Tebow at the helm. Rex is out, Tony Sporano in.

Jets draft quarterback 2014. Chad Henne starts. Tebow is cut.

Jets get to playoffs with cupcake 2014 schedule - finish 10-6, declare Henne savior. Loses in Divisional round.

2015 Jets start Henne have big expectations finish year 8-8.
    2016 Jets collapse, 2014 drafted QB starts finish 4-12. Henne out. Sporano fired, Herm Edwards back in.
    2017 Jets draft another QB, go 8-8.
    2018 Jets go 4-12
    2019 Jets go 10-6 make playoffs, lose in divisional round
    2020 Jets go 8-8
    2021 Jets go 10-6 make playoffs,
    2022 Jets go 4-12
    2023 Jets go 3-13

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the acquisition, but I can see Tebow having similar success as he did in Denver, just not as glorified because Sanchez will remain the starter all season long. Tebow will contribute to the offense in his own right.

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I am on one knee. Green and white all the way.

Ground 'n pound!

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Epic post.

6. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

If the coaches can keep their heads on straight and not let the media frenzy effect their decisions, this could be a killer setup. If they keep Tebow's snaps to a reasonable level and mix up the playcalling when he's in (hopefully it's not 97% run out of the wildcat a la B. Smith) I think it could work really well.

I was a devout Tebow hater up until last week, I admit, but as a Jet fan I have no problem putting aside my anti-Tebow view now that he's a Jet. It's not as if I personally know and dislike the guy, I just can't stand the religion-infused hype that surrounds him.

I think the competition will be a very good thing for Sanchez and I'm holding out hope that this is the year that he takes a real step up. If he's as inconsistent and erratic as last season the organization is going to be under immense pressure to make a QB switch and it could be an utter disaster. In any case, this is the year of reckoning for Mark and will tell us whether the Jets will be searching for a new QB in 2013 or whether theyve done the right thing by being patient with their young #5 pick.

There's going to be so much crow to eat by the end of the year it's gonna be unreal. It's yet to be seen who will be eating it though...

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

the locker-room will break and there will be big changes in 2013. Maybe even HC & GM (depends how much of this is Tanny's fault or Woody's).
    No play-offs.

8. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

I don't like the signing. It's nothing against Tebow...by all accounts he's a great guy. It's the media reaction to everything that will be brutal.

I would love for him to get 5-7 touches a game out of the wildcat. I don't mind him throwing out of it as well.

Sanchez hasn't broken to this point in his career with all the media attention so I don't think he will with the Tebow signing. If Tebow does in fact ever beat him out as the Jets starter, that means that Sanchez is not the QB I expect him to be....a really good one.

9. EpicVibe

EpicVibe New Member

There is really no in between when it comes to Tebow. Tebow brings out the extreme in people. I LOVE the Tebow move. LOVE IT! Think he will help the team and I believe with him being on the team and playing a key part in the offense this team will make the playoffs.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Win 11 games. Tebow helps bring some comradery back into the locker room. Sanchez remains the starter for the whole season and brings his turnovers down. Tebow scores 7 rushing TDs and 3 passing.

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I can do all things through Tebow which strengthens me. Tebow will deliver us to the promise land by increasing our TD ratio in the red zone and Mark will cut his interceptions in half.

12. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

I like having Tebow on the team. It will be a net positive. Tebow will enhance our offense.

13. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Sanchez has a decent year
    Tebow never starts.
    Jets miss playoffs in the tough AFCE going 9-7.

14. Harrier Manc-Jet

On the fence still in shock about this trade. That said it's good heat on Sanchez light it up or go home, think Tebow will offer the offence a different pace of attack when it looks flat and will contribute in a positive way both on and off the field.

As much as it pains me i think Tebow is our starter at some point just cant see Sanchez rising to this challenge. This split QB plays wont work it's either all Sanchez Or all Tebow and not happy about it but feel Tebow will chew Sanchez up and beat him out, hope I'm wrong!

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Sanchez will remain the starter all year barring injury. Tebow will account for at least 4 TDs and in at least one game his score will be the game winner.

#195 Don, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I like the move.
    All this circus, broken locker room, and QB controversy talk is a bunch of bullshit that will never materialize.

Sanchez plays well with fewer dropbacks than last season. Tebow comes in for 5 or 6 snaps per game. Makes some big plays ... keeps the chains moving ... and gets us into the endzone when we get close.

Jets return to the playoffs and host Denver.

#196 truthbtold, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

If Tebow or McElroy outperforms Mark in Training Camp and in the preseason

Would the Jets demote Mark? I believe that he will improve , but there is always the chance he doesn't. What would the call be?

18. Tenn_JetsFanatic

I think the presence of Tebow will make Mark a better quarterback for us. I love the idea of having a true back up push Sanchez to be a better quarterback to keep his job. I think Tebow should be used in a number of different situations to help the TEAM be better and unpredictable.

19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Mark will start the first game come what may.

20. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i am 99.99% sure sanchez will start the first game no matter what happens in training camp. i think the order is set: sanchez, tebow, mcelroy.