Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Question: Are most Jets fans under the impression that Tebow is coming to the Jets to go from a starting NFL QB who won a playoff game to:

A) someone who will do whatever role they ask, even if that means he's no longer a starting QB. Playing in certain situations, etc.. Basically accepting a non-starting role.

Or

B) someone who is looking to become the starting QB of the Jets.

I know there is some middle ground, but in a general sense I'm curious. I'm not sure I know the answer, but knowing athletes I think he wants to win that job from Sanchez. I dont know how you go from winning a playoff game in the NFL to becoming a situational player. I could be completely wrong though.

2. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

As a #2 I hope he tries to win that job from Sanchez. As Sanchez being #1 I hope he doesn't let Tebow anywhere near that starting spot. In this way they can make each other better. I don't see what the fuss is about if your #2 QB is gunning for the starting job. Sanchez gets paid too much to be a little bitch and not accept some competition.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I don't think you can just dismiss the middle ground as a viable option and you certainly can't get an honest opinion of the fanbase by doing so.

I think he is both -- willing to perform whatever the role the Jets have for him that helps them win and wants the starting job.

but that is why the entire "he is coming to take the starting job" worry is no big deal. every player in the NFL that isn't a starter wants to be, and whether they will get it will be based on performance. it isn't as if Tebow is going to somehow manipulate, bribe or blackmail Rex into making him the starter, so what Tebow wants is of absolutely zero concern to Jet fans because it isn't his decision.

5. june19

june19 Active Member

Amen to that!:metal:

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I vehemently disagree and for reasons I already mentioned and you ignored.

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Regardless it doesn't matter,because we did not give up our starting qb to bring him here.

8. Sir Thomas

Sir Thomas Banned

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't throw Tim in the trash till you give him a chance. I don't know if any of you kept up with the soap opera in Denver but it's enough to make a man (or woman) sick. Denver grabs Tim Tebow in the draft when other teams like Jacksonville wanted him. Changed his throwing motion (pitch from the hip like a baseball pitcher) to reduce the chance of the ball being knocked loose. Throws him in as a clutch player in 2010. No training camp in 2011 to speak of because of the lockout. Announced Tim as the starter and trades Orton and then brings Orton back as starter. Orton take Denver to a 2-4 start. Again trading Orton. Tim rally's a 2-4 Denver to 8-8 and beat the Steelers in the playoffs. Belichick knows Tim and knows how to beat him so the Broncs get slaughtered by the Patriots. Elway after the 2011 season says "Tim is our man, I'll personally work with him offseason" then dumps Tim and grabs Manning. This would be enough to win an Oscar.
    Tim did the best he could with what he had under the circumstances he was under. A "team" wins games. Tim knows that and will tell you that. Sure Tim needs work on his passing, reads and excecution. He knows that and he tell you that. Look at Tim as a team player and not let all the hype surrounding him pit you against him or for him. He will do everything he can to get the Jets to the playoffs whether he plays or warms the bench.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I have no idea what that says but the total cost to the Jets over 3 years is 6 mil.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://nyjetscap.com/timtebow.html

2012: $1,572,500
    2013: $6,055,000
    2014: $7,145,000

11. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

I've been talking about different bits and pieces of this trade with various friends and while I'm still not truly a fan of this trade here is my two cents:

1. If Sanchez performs as he should Tebow will be a role player and backup QB
    2. As a role player he can add something to the offense if used properly - this is probably his niche anyway and he should embrace it
    3. As a backup QB he's cheap
    4. If Sanchez performs and Tebow actually grows as a QB he can possibly be traded in the future for more than the Jets gave up for him (which wasn't really much)
    5. The Jets have already incorporated the wildcat while Sanchez was here so it should not affect any "flow" or "rhythm"
    6. If the wildcat plays are successful and extend drives than they may sort of pay for themselves in the sense of extending drives that might not have been extended otherwise and lead to more points. By this I mean he's not necessarily taking plays away from Sanchez
    7. We as fans should try to be a bit less reactionary and not call for Sanchez's head anytime he makes a mistake. EVERY QB has bad games from time to time and as long as they are not the norm and that his good games outweigh the bad (ideally they should far outweigh the bad) a QB is doing their job - Sure a QB like Peyton, Brady, Brees or Rogers can help a team win a few more games though they cannot do that consistently unless the rest of the team makes a play or two. Look at Peyton's career (and I'm not comparing Sanchez to him). He was good enough to keep his team in games despite no real running game and an inconsistent defense. That being said, he pretty much had to be close to perfect if they wanted to win and many games came down to him keeping them close and his D making that one big stop at the end of the game to give him one more chance.

That is something our D has not yet been able to do consistently by the way so we're still not at a place where we can rely on them fully to win us games.

The bottom line is that this could work out very well for us if every one does their part and we won't know anything until the season starts. Everything we read in the media is pure hype and speculation about potential issues. I'm not saying it won't happen or we the FO handled this well, just saying until we see what actually happens on the field we have no clue who good or bad this will be.

Plus no matter what we still need a RT who can block, a S who can cover and someone who can actually rush the passer.

12. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Those figures changed in the new contract Tebow signed on Friday.

13. Sir Thomas

Sir Thomas Banned

Sure Tebow wants to play. He's a quarterback. If I remember correctly there were several occasions that Florida used a wildcat formation with Tim as the set back and Percy Harvin under center. He could used in a spread or set as a running back position on an option with Sanchez. Three main things Tebow needs to work on is passing, especially quick shorts; reading and holding on to the ball when he does run. At Denver he was told to be ready to throw the ball when he scramble? How can you tuck the ball in when you are cocked to throw while scrambling?

14. Sir Thomas

Sir Thomas Banned

Manning was offered a 96 million dollar 5 year contract, $18 million guarateed the first year and $20 million in 2013 and 2014 if he passes the physical in 2013. Would you pay $18 million for a used sports car?

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Would you pay $18 million for a new sports car?

16. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Tebow has a ceiling since his mechanics will always hinder him.

Sanchez is the one that can continue to develop and grow.

You won't win a Super Bowl with either QB...But Sanchez gives you the better shot if he is starting...

17. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Tebow and Sanchez can both improve, and both posses the ability to win the superbowl. Some fans are so pessemistic. I see the glass as half full and cant wait until next season...

18. deathstar

One can't improve since he was awful at a NFL style offense...

He was only decent in a gimicky offense that won't work going forward as teams have video to adapt to it.

The Dolphins wild cat offense was very successful only its in 1st year...

The years after it was pure shit and was a waste of a down...

Face it, his mechanics will always suck and he will have to be used a wild cat QB even though teams after year 1 of the Dolphins experience figured out how to make it useless.

Only Sanchez can lead you to a Super Bowl...

The funny thing is that you guys are going to use Tebow in the redzone....which is stupid as the Jets last year were in the top among redzone efficiency for Touchdowns...

You are going to screw with the only thing that was successful last year...

This "experiment" has disaster written all over it...But we shall see...

19. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Can Tebow Be a Weapon for Sanchez?

A lot of draft gurus expected Tebow to come out of the draft as a TE. Obviously, we all know what happened from the draft on. If Sanchez and Tebow are on the field at the same time, do you guys see Tebow catching any passes this season out of the backfield? Maybe even being motioned out wide with a couple of plays run off of it? I.e. Reverse, Reverse Pass

Tebow may cause a lot of problems for the Jets, but he also gives them a lot of option. For the record, I was not a fan of the Tebow trade, nor am I a Tebow fan.

20. deathstar