All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. pinktacoyum

pinktacoyum Banned

Whose worse Tebow fans or Tebow haters?
    I'm going with Tebow haters like OP.

2. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

without tebow.. neither would exist.

so tebow is the worst.

FUCK TEBOW<3333

3. TebowTrollCoach

Now now..

I wrote Mr. Johnson too..expressing my displeasure :

(began with you know, the regards, I mentioned how great the JETS fans were, and how we used to root for Joe Willie when he was at Bama, and then of course on their run to the Super Bowl, etc..then)

We are a very devout fan base too, the Tebowmaniacs
    with good reason I might add...for instance, in 2007, when we wondered
    what kind of year we might have, Tebow finished the regular season with the second highest passing efficiency in the nation with 177.8. Additionally, he averaged 4.3 yards per carry on the ground.

On November 24, against the Florida State Seminoles, Tebow threw for three touchdowns and rushed for two in a 45–12 rout of the Seminoles. It was later revealed that Tebow fractured his right hand during the third quarter but played the rest of the game. He had to wear a cast for the next three weeks.

WE LOVE HIS DEDICATION !!

On November 1, 2008, playing against the Georgia Bulldogs, Tebow ran for his 37th rushing touchdown, breaking the school record previously held by former Florida running back Emmitt Smith.

Tebow led the Gators to a 12–1 record in 2008. After clinching the Southeastern Conference Eastern Division title, the team played for and won the SEC title in the 2008 SEC Championship Game against the Alabama Crimson Tide. The win secured the #2 ranking in the final BCS standings, which earned the Gators the chance to play the #1 ranked Oklahoma Sooners in the 2009 BCS National Championship Game, which they won 24–14.

Mr. Johnson, we went on to finish a TWENTY TWO game winning streak before our loss to Alabama..during that streak , On October 31, 2009, while playing against the Georgia Bulldogs, Tebow ran for his 50th and 51st rushing touchdowns, breaking the SEC career record previously held by former Georgia running back Herschel Walker..

This acquisition is going to prove to be a great move for the JETS, and I
    congratulate you, and your fine staff, especially your coaching staff Mr. Ryan and Mr. Tannenbaum on this trade. Mr. Elway is going to be very disappointed in himself, or at least he should be if the Manning deal works out like many of these types of deals have worked in the past. It has never been done, and I don't see it at Denver either.

On the other hand, I fully believe that once Tim finds a place to play, that wants to win, he will mesh seamlessly with that team , and provide a player that adds drive and determination to any position he plays in...I could easily see championship after championship with Tim on a team at any level..He is that kind of man.

Again , Thank you for your time and congratulations !

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

That's nice.

This is the NFL, however.

There are plenty of stories of great college football players, including many QBs, who could not play in the NFL. Tebow is one of them. Running QBs who can't pass are not make for the NFL. The Broncos wins last year under Tebow had more to do with ineptitude of the Broncos' opponents in those games, the FG kicker, and pure luck.

So cite me all the college stats you want. It means absolutely nothing today.

5. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Its true, it'd be nice to have some late round picks to come to fruition. I'm tired of giving them up for free agents.

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Im dying laughing:rofl:

7. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

That people follow a man who plays a child's game this passionately is kind of weird, in my opinion.

8. TebowTrollCoach

I love your handle..

Please, believe I am not wanting to go back and forth, but just to show
    my current impression of Tim today, would be to say that the Broncos were 7-24 in Denver's previous 31 starts before Tebow took over this past season. And not only were the Broncos a miserable 1-4 when Tebow took over as the starter in 2011, but that vaunted defense gave up over 40 points a league-leading 4 times last season! The only difference between the 1-4 start and the 8-5 finish was the addition of Tebow to the starting lineup.

If for some reason Mark gets injured, or for whatever reason, maybe he just flunks out, and Tim is in, I think he will do much better than anticipated..

Tim Tebow John Elway
    Starting Record 2–3 2–3
    Att-Comp 75-157 (47.7%) 38-83 (45.7%)
    Passing Yards 984 427
    TD-INT 8-4 1-5
    Rushing Yards 327 41

Tebow last season also was more efficient than Sanchez when throwing the ball deep. On passes over 20 yards in the air, both completed just over 25 percent of their throws, but Tebow threw five fewer interceptions in 11 more attempts and had a higher average yards per attempt. He has a tendency to *dump* the ball low .

His receiving corps as of the end of the Broncos game against the Bears (where they had 6 drops) was ranked 1st in the NFL in dropped passes %, meaning they've dropped the most passes throughout the season of any NFL team. (That might also have a little something to do with Tebow's completion %.)

The kid has struggled at looking pretty, that's for sure..but seriously, I could care less about pretty.. I like to watch a real football player, who wants to play for the sake of getting the ball in the endzone, period.

I will be screaming my head off for the JETS, and even harder when my favorite football player is on the field.

Regards, y'all are great..

9. Clown

Clown New Member

Hello Wiseguy, how about you go to a jets game first before purchasing stamps to mail that dumb letter of yours.

10. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

well, to be fair..

football isn't really a child's game.

11. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Touche.

That people follow a man, who plays a game, this aggressively is odd to me.

It's like they live through him or something. Weird...

12. SkipBayless

SkipBayless New Member

Tim Tebow Defense

CMP doesn’t always tell the story but I will get to that later. The game is about limiting turnovers and keeping your D off the field. Has only one year of experience. His coach's plays were low % passing plays. McGahee was an old RB that got his career restarted by Tebow. He also made Lance Ball, who was an undrafted free agent, an asset in the Denver offense. He rushed for 400 yards on 96 carries. The option increases a running back’s value.
    A QB cannot do it all himself. Jets got one of the best Ds (6th) in the league. Tebow played with the 20th best. Sanchez has more experienced weapons. Look at the supporting cast of both teams last season. Wouldn’t you take Keller over Fells. LT over Ball and Holmes over Decker.

It really comes to TOs. Sanchez (28 Total TOs Tebow had 19) throws a lot of picks for a 3rd year starter just like Eli did. Can somebody check the total turnovers for Mark Sanchez? How many fumbles did he have that were not recovered? I just counted all the fumbles on the ESPN stats page for both.
    Denver’s WR corp was in the bottom third in dropped passes. All his starting WR had less than 3 years of experience. Eddie Royal had so many dropped passes.

Fox was out to get Tebow. 90% of Sanchez's passes were 20 yds and under. Tebow's 20 yds. and under plays made up 78.4% of his attempts. Here comes the stats that you don’t see on ESPN because they want to create a story.

Tim Tebow had 269 pass attempts. This is the breakdown of his passes. Each decimal represents a percentage of his total throws: Longer than 40 (.0185) 31 – 40 (.078) 21 – 30 (.118) 11 – 20 (.312) 1 – 10 (.353) Behind the Line (.119).

Mark Sanchez had 542 attempts: Longer (.0055) 31 – 40 (.016) 21 – 30 (.07) 11 – 20 (.249) 1 – 10 (.523) Behind the Line (.134).

Tim Tebow had 32 attempts of the 21 to 30 pass yardage variety. Sanchez had 38. Why did Tebow’s play caller, McCoy, create so many deep plays? If a QR is not accurate, you create short passes. Tebow had 269 attempts and Sanchez had 542, so roughly double. From a playcalling perspective, how does this make sense? Tebow had 21 attempts of the 31-40 variety while Sanchez had 9 attempts in twice as many throws. This explains Tebow’s low completion percentage. The longer the pass attempt the lower the percentage of a possible completion. Tebow did not get the shorter pass players to boost his CMP % like Sanchez.

This is the Tebow hater’s biggest arguing point for why he sucks but they only listen to the ESPN hype machine. ESPN knows very well that this bullshit creates ratings. If Tebow’s percentage of pass plays under 20 yards was 90% like Sanchez’s his ending CMP % would be somewhere in the high 50’s. Let’s remember this is a QB that has one year of experience with a horrible offensive cast.

#112 SkipBayless, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  13. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

A paragraph (from the Greek paragraphos, "to write beside" or "written beside") is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea. A paragraph consists of one or more sentences.

The start of a paragraph is indicated by beginning on a new line. Sometimes the first line is indented. At various times, the beginning of a paragraph has been indicated by the pilcrow: ¶.

14. SkipBayless

SkipBayless New Member

I fixed it. I mean its all about Tebow and how the hate is unjust. Plus formatting does not carry over well from word and you cannot tab on the posts. It did look like a clusterfuck. I think it has some good information worth noting. There is actually statistics and points that explain why Tebow does not suck instead of just opinion.

15. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You can cite those regenerated partial numbers, but I watched the games, and he stinks on ice. 45% completion percentage in today's NFL is a joke. It's even more of a joke when the defense is putting 9 players in the box to stop the run. The comebacks were almost all the result of horrible play and mistakes by the opponents and great defense by the Broncos than anything Tebow did. And some unbelievable long FGs by Prater.

Sanchez' numbers have to do with the OL play, the WRs, and the play calling. I want nothing to do with the Tebow show and most Jets fans feel the same way. Not a single Jets fan I know is happy about the trade and thinks it is a good idea. Not one.

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I appreciate the response , it's very intelligent .

It's hard to disagree . I do think one thing that is being underestimated is the fact that Sanchez has played his best football in post season which has the most pressure . Using Occam's razor , which is the principle that usually the simplest explanation is most often correct . I think the following:

Tebow was brought in to push Sanchez , not to take his job because he is not as good a passer ( not yet) , but to push Sanchez into realizing how good he can be, at the same time you have a heck of a football player who is a proven winner helping your team win and developing while he is doing it and he really probably is the best back up in the league since he has already come in and won off the bench .

17. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

this is the stupidest thread yet, it's been done, get over it...

18. TebowTrollCoach

Whatever he did, either in paragraphs or not..

He did it without the first rep with the 1st team prior to being put in as starter halfway through the first Chargers game, due to the players lockout prior to the start of the season.

For a QB who "will never make it as a NFL quarterback" , that's not an easy thing to do.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

47% completion percentage has a lot to do with how the offense was run in Denver. there will be improvement with Tebow in the spread if he is used properly , he is also 24 years old , plenty of time to gain confidence with his footwork.

9 players in the box did not do much as Tebow torched many teams on the ground anyway , he also had a fairly high profile win in the playoffs roasting the 9 in the box with his arm .

He had 6 late comebacks, 4 of them had the defense playing well ( which incidentally is what they are supposed to do) the defense was ranked 20th ( or 19th ) in the league last year and were blasted for 40 points or more as many times as they played well.
    The defense also played like crap during the 1-4 run, when Tebow came in and went 8-5 the defense was indeed energized , you can google comments by Dawkins, Bailey , Von Miller crediting Tebow with helping turn the team around .

Tebow should be the poster child for " stats are for losers" let me use one example that will include , defense, kicking, luck and GREAT play by Tebow when it counted .

In the Chicago game the defense played lights out , prater hit monster field goals, the other team choked a fumble etc AND Tebow went 18/24 191 yards and a TD in the last NINE minutes of the game . Looking at his final stats. Without seeing the game , they might seem pedestrian but he did it under pressure when it counted , Praeter the kicker would not have kicked anything without Tebow going up and down the field when presented the opportunity .

I know 2 Jets fans that are happy and I personally only know 2.

Tebow does need work with anticipation, throwing into tight windows and footwork, he's far from perfect but it is my opinion he does not stink on ice .

#119 CowboysFan, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  20. SkipBayless

SkipBayless New Member

That low passing % has do with the play calling! Of course the QB that throws 90% of his passes under 20ds will have a better CMP % than a one that only throw 78%. You did not really come back with facts to back up your argument. The Broncos had the 20th best defense so how was that great defense? They gave up 24 points a game which ranked 24. Part of being a good QB is taking advantage of your opponents mistakes. It is a well-known fact coming in to the season Prater could kick long field goals. Denver is the perfect environment to kick long field goals.

#120 SkipBayless, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012