Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Two problems with your statement. All ESPN ever showed were his good passes when I watched. When I caught highlights of the game, I always saw him succeeding and ESPN fast forwarding to the 4th quarter. Not sure what you mean ESPN is hiding perfect throws. They showed mostly positive Tebow plays.NFL Network showed some of the more bad stuff but they also showed more of the good stuff because they weren't on a time constraint like ESPN

Also have a problem with the word unstoppable. I hope you are exaggerating just because there are better running/passing QB's that Tebow and they aren't unstoppable. I do believe you are exaggerating to say that he can become a successful starting QB, and you don't really mean unstoppable in the true sense of the word.

2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

how long did it take elway to wina division as a starter? a playoff game?

point is, he was not as good as tebow in terms of results in his first two years.

tebow got shafted by elway, and the raiders went to super bowls with quarterbacks disgarded by other teams ( gannon, plunket, lamonica).

3. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Actually, yeah, I do believe it. Elway is convinced that the only way to win a SB is with a "traditional pocket passer" standing there like a statue and throwing the ball. He said this very thing many times over.

In my opinion, if he had been brought in and Cam Newton was the QB, he'd either try to get rid of him OR force him into a "conventional" NFL offense.

It's like in Moneyball. People get stuck in "conventional wisdom" and don't think out of the box.

4. Demosthenes9

And ironically enough, John Elway is a HoF QB and he is best known for his late game heroics and game winning comebacks :)

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

@whichfan

But what's different about the Jets in terms of running the spread option?

Why are Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano going to have any more luck in reconfiguring the entire offense and all the personnel to run an offense that has never been seen in the NFL as more than an occasional gimmick?

Why is it going to be better for Denver or the Jets or anybody else for that matter to reconfigure their entire offense for the benefit of a single player who hasn't proven conclusively that the payoff will be worth it?

Your explanation makes me understand why Elway wanted no part of Tebow after figuring out what would have to be done to accommodate him.

6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

7. 9798

9798 New Member

att/comp per game in order:
    13-27
    18-39
    10-22
    2-8
    9-21
    9-18
    10-15
    21-40
    11-23
    13-29
    6-22
    10-21
    9-26
    that's each game in the order he played. is it me or does there seem to be a lack of improvement as you go game to game.
    how about the 3rd down conversion rate:

4-16
    2-14
    3-12
    5-14
    3-13
    5-16
    3-11
    5-17
    4-10
    2-13
    5-18
    3-10
    7-18
    does anyone see any trend here up or down?
    these are things elway from the get go said TT would need to improve on if he were to succeed in the NFL as a QB.
    everyone knows his record but let's dig alittle deeper into his stats. of course some will say these stats don't count. but I'll let everyone judge for themselves

8. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

Nobody is unstoppable....if you're going to take me that literally let me just rephrase that to: really freaking hard to stop.

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

That is embarrassing. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of a sport where that article gets written.

The sting of humiliation is greater because I saw Hunger Games opening night last night, but I took my two young daughters and they love the books. So my man card is safe.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Please...Elway's ego is bigger than BarryO's.

With Tebow, it's all risk, possible upside.

With Manning, it's NO risk, all upside.

He made the BOLD BIG MOVE. If Manning gets hurt, or fails....well, he was damaged goods coming in....And you cant fault a GM for abandoning Tebow for a HoF.

(Just like you cant fault a GM for dumping Stanton for Tebow, ne'st ce pas?)

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

C'mon really?

I understand your shtick is to bitch about everything, but c'mon.

If the Jets signed Manning, Sanchez would have been traded.

Manning is not coming off the field for certain packages. He is an established legit top notch QB. Sanchez, on the other hand, is a very questionable QB.

There was no upside in the Broncos keeping Tebow. It made no sense- Manning is not coming off the field, they cannot afford an expensive backup and Manning and Tebow are too different. With Sanchez and Tebow, you can have a run-heavy team. With Manning you need a strong passing attack.

#4011 Cakes, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Only if you made a boy too. ; )

Just kidding.

Nice work Dad!

13. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

Go look up Joe Namaths completion percentages in his first 16 games. Or Terry Bradshaws.

Tebow has 1 year under his belt and for some reason he is expected to be flawless. Give him time to grow.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it isn't that good of a discussion because it isn't as if Elway gave up Tebow for some schlock QB to replace him. he just signed Manning for $90 million; he didn't need Tebow.

it would clearly be worth discussing if Elway gave up Tebow because he had some other QB he preferred that isn't a HOF'er. but he didn't.

nobody in their right mind would keep Tebow if they had Manning, so Elway did pretty much what everybody else in the world would do; that isn't a knock on Tebow.

and the last thing Elway was going to do was keep the Tebow-mania around when he doesn't need him as his QB.

15. 9798

9798 New Member

2 yrs,this will be his 3rd yr comming up. he started in his 1st yr. the point being although he can't be expected to be perfect,you should expect to see improvement as the season goes on.

16. Demosthenes9

Tebow has 16 starts under his belt iirc, that equates to 1 full season. Also, don't forget the coaching change in the offseason as well as the change in offense in the middle of the season.

It's kind of like the situation that Alex Smith faced. Think that guy had something like 6 different OCs in 7 years and who knows how many HCs ? Extremely difficult for any QB to do well or even progress under that kind of instability.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

To all the people who keep talking about Manning being the reason Tebow was let go in Denver:

What are the two things guaranteed to destroy John Elway's tenure as Bronco GM?

An injury to Peyton Manning wiping out the Broncos season after Elway traded Tebow.

Peyton Manning being unable to play well due to the past injuries or age after Elway traded Tebow.

The X factor in all of this was Tim Tebow. If Elway thought Tebow could get better or reproduce the late wins last season he would never have put himself in the hotseat with Manning as he has done.

The fact that John Elway set himself up to look horrible in Denver if things went wrong now when he could just have never entered the Manning sweepstakes in the first place speaks volumes about how he really felt about Tim Tebow being anywhere near the Broncos QB position.

18. 9798

9798 New Member

it's nothing like alex smith,they kept the same offense as well as McCoy the offensive coordinator. the offense tebow was learning when he got drafted was the same offense fox went into this past season with. the change midseason was done to accomadate TT. they asked tebow what he was comfortable with & what he would do best in. hence the spread option.the spread option was what TT plays best at.

#4018 9798, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  19. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I can assure you ESPN showed plenty of footage of Tebow stinking up the field, which he sometimes did.

20. pinktacoyum

pinktacoyum Banned

Tebow haters and Tebow fans. Its perfect storm for Tebow circus.
    so everyone is to blame for it.