Sanchez vs Orton

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kinggofg, Mar 22, 2012.

1. WWTD

WWTD New Member

Orton was inconsistent, made terrible decisions, and wasn't gonna be the man. Cant blame Tebow for any of that.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

some people will say that sanchez is far better than anyone not named manning, brady or brees.

its just the way it goes around here... same as it was with pennington. until they come to the realization that he isnt that good and all of a sudden he is the worst qb in the world.

3. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

Tebows stats sure aren't pretty, thats for sure. Problem is, neither are Sanchez's in the grand scheme of things. Which QB will improve the most? We will just have to wait and see.

4. reverseapachemaster

Sanchez's last name ends in a Z. Tebow's last name ends in a W. W is before Z, therefore Tebow is the better QB.

See I can not make sense, too.

5. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Get your head out of your A$$. QB ratings are a joke. Face it Orton sucks. Mark may not be the next coming of Brres or Manning but he is head and shoulders better thhan Orton

6. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

2009 Denver Broncos 16 15 336 541 62.1 3,802 7.0 21 12 29 159 86.8 24 71 3.0 0 4 2

2011 New York Jets 16 16 308 543 56.7 3,474 6.4 26 18 39 243 78.2 37 103 2.8 6 10 8

So who is the better QB again? These are the best seasons in there careers

7. Jagsbch

Jagsbch New Member

There I fixed it for ya...

Thing folks in this forum need to come to grips with is that John Fox refused to allow Tebow to take the Aglopry off the field with the scheme he executed in Denver. John Fox was Brought in to help Elway get rid of Tebow, John being the failurte that he is couldn;t even get that job right despite Elkwayt helping him out by jettisoning the Best WR on the team for a 6th round pick a week before Tebow started.

Tebow can throw, he owned the NCAA D1 4-year passer rating record. He was more efficient passing the ball in college than anyother QB that came before him, and that includes Payaton Choke Manning.

#27 Jagsbch, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  8. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

The 2009 Broncos didn't win many games.

9. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

So when the Jets go to back to back AFCCG's Mark is winning them, when the Jets go 8-8 its due to a shitty D.

The 2009 Bronco's might not have won many games but he played in one less game then Mark and still had better overall numbers than Mark did in his best year to this point. The Broncos not winning many games isnt Ortons fault, football is a team sport.

10. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

No, but 26 turnovers certainly is.

11. TebowTrollCoach

The problem with Kyle, is he is afraid of getting hit, and when someone does come in the backfield, he makes Phyliss Rivers look like a badass when it comes boo hoo time.

He is the worst red zone QB to ever take the field, and I have no idea how he ever went pro. He put up his *stats* against prevent defense over and over.. that was his *strength* throwing CPs to the sound of Broncos fans leaving the stadium.

12. TebowTrollCoach

what is Aglopry,?? by the way, you are my hero now.

13. red 19

red 19 New Member

Hey guys Bronco fan here, first off great move in trading for Tebow! I also want to add that neither Tebow or Orton are as good as Sanchez as an all around Qb. But especially not Orton-lol. As stricktly a back up the Jets would have done just fine with Orton. But thats not idea with Tebow. Hes going to get on the field and I think the Jets have the perfect idea for him. Despite the belief that Tebow will take Sanchez job eventually, I dont see it happening. The Jets have stated how they plan on using Tebow and its exactly how many of us Bronco fans were hoping he would be used.

Jets football is going to be exciting thats for sure. Tebow should be used on about 12-15 snaps per game. In order to keep the dual threat alive he needs to be allowed to throw the ball a handful of those. Deep routes to keep defenses honest and open running lanes because of it.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I like you.

It really is a perfect formula for Jets football. Tebow gets 15 touches some of which are passing helping to keep the WRs happy. Greene gets some of those from running the option and around 10-15 touches with Mark on the field. Mark gets around 25 pass attempts. Give or take a few depending on game situations. Mark does better when his pass attempts are kept in check. If Mark is struggling we have a great backup plan to get him through that.

I think of those 4 interception games he has. If it looks like he doesn't have it then let Tebow run the option. If we are going against a team that is weak in pass defense then let Mark sling it.

All in all I expect our turnovers which have been a huge weakness for us will go down. We control the clock better and should remain effective in the redzone. We also get someone to push Sanchez and a leader in the locker room. 2 things everyone was crying for last season.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

So combined he was average and didn't suck?

16. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Hey ... Ya' missed Wins, Playoff Wins, 4 Qtr Comebacks .... So Mark is Head and Shoulders better than Orton is or ever will be ...

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Orton was on a 6-21 losing bender before Tebow stepped in and the "infamous Tebow fans" (that everyone keeps bringing up)did not chant until the imminent 22nd loss was at its doors step.

Facts are quite telling when they are not being distorted and shaped by the media.

#37 CowboysFan, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Great first post to a message board.

19. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

red19, your response to this thread comes off as if your age "19", you haven't been around long enough to know a good qb from bad.

if sanchez were such a good qb, the jets wouldn't be looking to fill gaps with a gimmick qb. fact is, if the jets truly had their franchise qb, he'd never leave the game for an option qb on 10 to 12 plays a game.

just the fact that the jets are searching for offensive answers should tell people that sanchez has been a bust. he's never stepped up above the 1/3 bottom tier of qb play during his first three years. "bust" or game manager, sanchez isn't the jets answer at qb!

20. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I think the Jets just bought themselves a bit of insurance, in case they're in the same situation the Broncos found themselves in at the beginning of last year—still hoping they have a long-term QB, but figuring if Sanchez spits the bit, they'll have a gamer who can keep the fan base entertained until they figure out which way to go next.