Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. TTTTebowAndTheJets

MK2_Tebow?

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Yup :grin::metal::grin:

3. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Ha! figured. I never posted much at Bronco Country and probably will remain a lurker on these boards. But always appreciated your objectiveness from the crazies on both sides. Hope the Jets look at the influx of 1,000s of new fans as a positive and not a negative.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

1,000s of new JETS fans would be positive. 1000s of new Tebow fans that only care about him is a huge negative.

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow fans in general care as much for the team , don't believe the negative hype , however there are jerks in every crowd .

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Edit***********

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

#3787 CowboysFan, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  8. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

he was right, they don't. Tebow is now on the team. like it or not - he is one of us. we move forward.

9. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

There are some Tebow fan whackos, but most are pretty level headed and fair. The thing about the Denver situation is that the supposed fanatics that "forced" the coaches to put Tebow in weren't Tebow fanatics at all. The chants of, "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow", in the first few games were from regular Broncos fans that were sick of Orton being Orton. The billboard was put up independently by the owner of the billboard looking to get attention.

The media created the ensuing firestorm with 24/7 coverage of everything Tebow---then the weirdos start coming out in full force.

Nobody should have to apologize or justify being a Tebow fan just because there are a few insane fans out there. Tebow is a Jet now, fans of his will follow the Jets as a result and will hopefully contribute in a positive way to the fan base. I for one am not going to wish for Sanchez to fail, but I'm not going to pretend that I think he's a great QB either. This will either be the best thing that happened to his career or the worst. Its up to him to determine which.

10. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

How much of the jets did you follow before this week?

11. Vic

Vic Member

What do you expect him to say? He's his teammate now. It'd be foolish for him to say anything to the contrary.

12. TTTTebowAndTheJets

:up:

great post

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I have not made a comment , that is the title of the article But I was pretty surprised by how far he took it . It was interesting , I wonder if the FO had a talk with him.

14. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I'm as big a Tebow fan as anyone but I don't think he was initially attacking Tebow as much as defending his QB... can't fault him for that. I would expect anyone to embrace a teammate. At the time... he wasn't a teammate. No harm no foul imo.

15. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

Wow....this thread has really lost its focus. Aside from all the bickering about snack-cakes and PSL's, it all comes down to a backup QB with aspirations of becoming a starter.

Think about that for a second.

He wants to be the starter instead of the backup.

HOLD THE PRESSES!!!!!! NEVER BEFORE HAS A SECOND STRINGER HAD INTENTIONS OF BECOMING A FIRST STRINGER!!!!! SOMEBODY STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

LOL

16. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Ha... couldn't agree more. Why would any real Jet fan not want there backup QB to desire to improve himself and push for the starting position. Its up to Sanchez to keep it. I just don't get it.

17. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

No one had a conversation with anyone. This is the NY Jets under Rex Ryan. People say what they want and move on.

18. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

As I stated in my introduction thread: NONE. And I'm not about to apologize for it and you don't have to like it. That won't stop me from cheering on the Jets, I live in Alabama and don't have ties to any team. And if and when we disagree about something feel free to pull out the true fan card, I really don't care....yet I'm not here to cause any trouble either.

19. TTTTebowAndTheJets

'NONE' what?

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

No one cares if Tim Tebow wants to be the starting QB or whatever, its the fact that the media is going to bite on this and blow it out of proportion and make this into a QB controversy thats not real.

Tebow is not the starter. Everyone in the organization knows that. The media doesnt seem to grasp that and they will do whatever it takes to stir shit up and make a story. Him wanting to potentially be a starter could turn into a story that makes this the biggest QB controversy since Montana and Young with the media.