Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

How is that anymore stupid than the stupidity that people spew on how Sanchez will somehow, eventually, become a good quarterback?

You couldn't give Mark Sanchez away at this point. And you know that.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Those are all starters (Wilson not withstanding). We have no depth Hobbes. We had Wayne Hunter get a extension while arguably, almost getting Sanchez killed during the season. Now we get Tebow and still no depth? Like you said Hobbes, the dp's spent to get the starters has handicapped this team for depth.

Where's the plan Hobbes? What Machiavellian mischief is the RingMaster up to that no one in the football universe can figure out?

I think the RingMaster has fcked this one up. Perhaps Woody might give him a pass depending on the sales numbers but anyway you slice it, long term this move blows.

Again, should this move fail over the next two years, perhaps Woody will make a move. Hopefully, he's not gonna extend this bunch another several years. The Tebois can't buy all the PSL's and the swag since most of them live in FL.

3. Cman68

We shall see Gilbert.. We shall indeed see sir..

4. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

WHAT?!?!

No one hates either of those guys. Get real! The guy hasn't done in Denver what Sanchez has done in NYC and he already receives more love than Sanchez.

[​IMG]

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

We've got a really big show.. ; )

6. TebowTrollCoach

Thanks, couldn't have said it better.

7. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

It's really ridiculous isn't it?
    The hatred some people here are showing towards Tebow is completely illogical. If Sanchez is such a terrific talent and good enough to be a true franchise QB, and Tebow is such a joke and a terrible QB, then Sanchez shouldn't have anything to worry about. If Sanchez winds up playing so badly that a horrible joke of a QB like Tebow is able to take his job, then what does that say about Sanchez?

It has to make you wonder what's more important to some people - the Jets succeeding and winning games regardless of who is playing, or the development and care of Mark Sanchez' fragile psyche.

8. JetmanJosh

JetmanJosh Member

Tebow on the team will help to negate the deal that the Jets made with the devil for their only SB appearance and win.

God is now on our side.

9. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Long term success - not fan frenzy quick fixes. Allowing a normal amount of error to occur without going crazy. You threw a dart and missed the board all-together on that one.

10. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

By the way we were number two in red zone efficiency last year, with fleabow sky's the limit

11. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I would like to think that I am a pretty even-tempered fan that supports their moves and can find the good in them.

This move, for whatever reason frustrates me. I don't dislike Tebow, I wish the guy well, but this, in my opinion, was not the move the Jets needed to make to improve this team.

12. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

lol, im not butthurt at all. Our kicker missed two FG's otherwise Tebow does nothing but lose another game to us. He was only 9-18 with TD and ran 22 times for a 3 yard average. In our first game he was 4 -10 with a garbage time TD pass.
    I wanted him to stay in Denver because he is horrible.

Tebow got a lot of breaks. Didnt have to face the Bears w/ Cutler, instead he got Haney and if not for Barber going out of bounds, would of lost that game. He didnt play well against you guys either but they won. His luck ran out after the Bears game and he was who we thought he was.

Got lucky in the playoffs too with the Steelers having many of the defensive starters outwhich was crucial on that 80- yard TD to win it since their safety was one that wasnt playing.

Its all good man, your forum is getting all Tebowed up now but he will frustrate the he11 out of you. Sanchez is a better QB by far so if his accuracy bothers you, your not going to like Tebow at all....but he can run. He wont last long in the league doing it the way he has though. He was beat up at the end of the year.

13. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

If it gets to the point that Sanchez, in his 4th season as a starting QB, cannot play well enough to keep Tim Tebow, a TE pretending to be a QB, from taking his job from him, then it should be painfully obvious to everybody that he is not the path to long term success.

14. Cman68

Santonio Holmes: I Wonder what he's thinking.

You have to wonder what's going thru Santonio's mind as he travels Africa doing good where good doings are needed. He wasn't happy with Sanchez at QB because for whatever reason (Wayne Hunter..?), he wasn't getting the ball enough, wasn't involved enough in the offense, yaddi yaddi, yadda.

Now, with this new devotion to the GnP/WC, how does a Diva WR react to this? With the addition of Tebow, not known for his accuracy in the passing game, I wonder if he's rethinking that contract about now. If he wasn't happy before, how on earth is he gonna be happy now or does that really matter in a run first offensive system. Holmes' paycheck will come every week (bi weekly?) for the length of his contract so I guess, it really doesn't matter who's taking snaps, the end results will be the same.

Yanno, On second thought, I'm loving all this intrigue. :)

15. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Im not worried about Peyton. We have beat him 5 of the last 6 times we have faced him. And they already fired Greg Manusky who took over for Rivera so that was music to our ears. He was a horrible DC. Im not worried about Rivers either. He will bounce back and was playing pretty damn well the last part of the season.

They arent the team they were that went 13-3 but i think the team is still pretty good and as every bit as good or better than the Jets who went down a notch last season. Tebow isnt going to change that and you still have Cromartie who you all were excited about when you got him. How you like him now with all his antics? Told you it wouldnt last long. We had him for 4 years. It was time to move on.

I dont see any rings on the Jets fingers the past three years so when you use the word choke, look at your own team as well.

#3635 Boltjolt, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  16. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

might as well stay in Africa.

17. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i doubt it really changes our passing game much. how many times do you realistically expect tebow to air out the ball?

and when tebow throws.. it's usually a deep ball and he only seems to favor one target. it might not be so bad.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I'm so stoned right now holy shit...

19. Cman68

A bit early for that isn't it? :grin:

20. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Can't be any good.. really focused on ground and pound....