Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Colts acquired QB Drew Stanton from the Jets in exchange for undisclosed considerations.
    Stanton joins Trevor Vittatoe as the lone two quarterbacks on the Colts' offseason roster. That will change in five weeks, of course. The Jets were lucky to get anything for Stanton after it became clear he'd be elsewhere following the addition of Tim Tebow. Stanton, 28 in May, is an athletic signal caller lacking accuracy and passing technique. He's not a natural thrower of the football. He is a competitive quarterback with a strong arm, however, and went 2-1 as a spot starter for the Lions in 2010. He'll likely be Andrew Luck's backup in Indianapolis.

2. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Sorry about that!! I'll leave you all alone now and I apologize on behalf of all the Tebow fans who like to bombard message boards not knowing what the heck they're talking about...

Go Tebow and Go Jets!

#3602 TTTTebowAndTheJets, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Mods must be on vacation.

4. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i will support tebow unless he sucks.

then it's wayne hunter status.

i will also start chanting stanton at games when tebow comes on to the field.

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Great article, Loved the comment from a Steelers fan no less:

Nich Obert · Top Commenter · UVa-Wise
    I'm a Steelers fan so maybe I'm bitter, but I think the guy is clearly capable of evolving into a solid QB. I'm not a Christian, I'm not a Florida fan or a Tebowmaniac. I just think that- performance aside- getting a player who clearly has that much of an impact on his teammates is a boon for a franchise. In the NFL the difference between great and decent is often just motivation and Tebow clearly engaged his team in a way that made them elevate their play last season.
    46.5% is a horrendous completion percentage to be sure, but it's not like Sanchez is setting the world on fire at 56.7%
    And let's be fair, Tebow drew media attention because he managed to make the neccesary plays at the end of games to turn the Broncos season around. You have no idea how ridiculous it sounds when people A) Call Tebow the best QB in the NFL / Give him all the credit for winning those games and B) Act like Tebow didn't do ANYTHING to win those games or garner media attention. I know it goes against everything the internet stands for, but the truth is in between those two extremes.

6. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Dude, they all have an least VERY competent passers. Can you see the difference? Tebow can't throw! His motion is too slow, and he one hops more balls than a highschool qb. It's almost apples to oranges just based on how much better Brady, Rogers, Luck, Newton, and RG3 are than tebow throwing the ball.

7. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tewbo can throw he is just not that consistent . There is a big difference.

9. catsigater

catsigater New Member

What most rational Tebow fans know is that he has to get better as a passer. If he can get up into the 55% range while keeping his turnovers down, then all the other stuff he adds will make him a very potent weapon.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You do raise some very good points as usual and obviously we won't know the results of this until next season however I do have some issues with things you pointed out.

Yes, the Pats have shown they know how to beat Tebow but Ryan and Sporano have both shown they also know how to beat the Pats. Tebow will not be the catalyst of the offense and it will not be centered around him like it was in Denver. If I am correct in how Tebow will be used it will just be to throw some unique schemes at opposing defenses and utilizing his strengths as opposed to forcing him to be used in a situation we all know will end in failure for the Jets.

There are plenty of other threads to debate the signing of Landry who if healthy is very good and Schillens who IMO was a waste of a signing. I think the Stanton signing says that the Jets don't have intention of using Tebow as QB. Like I said in another thread there were options to bring in another starting QB but the Jets chose and believe it is Sanchez who is their QB. Now as far as Stanton goes, I haven't heard Rex say he was relgated to 3rd just becuase we have Tebow. Only the media has chimed in on this.

The offseason isn't over by a long stretch and the Jets do have other avenues to obtain a starting caliber RT. Obviously you and I both know if we go into the season with Hunter at RT the other moves they made won't matter. Yes the league is pass happy but I'm not so sure that means you can't win the SB with a run 1st team. I still think you win the most important games with defense. Why did the Giants win the SB (again) over the pass happpy Pats? Sure they had a good offense with great QB play but their D was better. The Colts finally won the SB when their D stopped allowing good teams to eat up their woeful D. Even the year the Saints won the SB they had a very solid D anchored by John Vilma. Now obviously all those teams also have a common factor with good QB play but I do believe that Sanchez can be a very good QB in this league. He might not be Brees, or Brady but his role will be much different, this isn't fantasy and I don't care about his TD passes or rushing yards. All I care about is how he manages the game. I think with this added wrinkle in the offense it cuts down on his being forced to win games on his own.

11. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Now we all can see the reason why we haven't won jack in forever. Always going with big name and forget about depth.

12. whichfan

whichfan New Member

You should know you are really embarrassing the fan base with such simple minded, and incredibly wrong, statements. So many people repeating the same old tired lines when it comes to Tebow is beyond ridiculous.

The chances of Tebowmania ending with guys like you continuing to repeat the same lines you have been fed by the media over the years are slim to none. You will continue to fuel the fire and set Tim Tebow up to continuously dominate the news any time he does the most simple QB actions on a football field and look like a freaking hero every time he farts.

Seriously just reading your statements tells me you have not watched ONE complete football game with Tebow as the quarterback and have spent your time getting your information from Stephen A Smith on ESPN.

13. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

but now we have depth at quarterback! :metal:

14. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

the description sounds like hes crippled

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Sounds cheap..it's 3 1/2 pounds of meat served at the most famous deli in the world.

16. MacGruder

MacGruder New Member

I swear everywhere he goes there's always some apologist trying to undermine Tim. :lol:

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sadly Mr. Gilbert, I fear this is indeed, a dark comedy played out at the expense of JetNation. I was at work sir, You have my deepest apologies.

18. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

A normal Offense, We need to sign WR and a RB, We never replaced Cro and Edwards, we tried to but that never happened. LT helped with jones being gone but not that much and also Woody hunter needed to get fixed asap.

We did not address any issue except sign Chaz what the hell is he gonna do???

Im telling you win or loss esp loss its only a matter of time before players in there prime ask to be traded!

19. whichfan

whichfan New Member

RARELY

Just about 95% of ALL interceptions are all on the quarterback. They're the only ones with the option to throw the ball away, take a sack, or make the throw.

But...

EVERY completion depends on both and route running.
    EVERY touchdown depends on both and route running.
    EVERY attempt depends on both QB and OC.
    EVERY passing yard depends on both, because they count a 5 yard pass the receivers takes 95 yards the same as a 95 yard pass the receiver takes 5.

Which is why the millions of idiots who constantly depend on completion % or yards gained, as some sort of accuracy or testament of a quarteback's throwing ability couldn't be more wrong.

It never was and never will be. It measures the ability of the quarterback to throw the ball AND the receiver's ability to catch the ball.

And it is completely different from one offense to another. It will NEVER be able to tell you whether one quarterback has more skill than another unless they are running the same offense, with similar schemes, and similar personnel.

Tom Brady will complete at a certain % in the Patriots offense, at a different % in Broncos offense and yet at a completely different % in Jets offense. He will also have a completely different amount of passing yards.

People will only see it as Brady "getting better or worse". In reality there is no way to measure it because that measurement is completely flawed and dependent on far too many factors.

And yes his QB passer rating will change in ALL three of those offenses, because of the way it is designed and the weights placed on categories such yards.

Throwing picks on the other hand is completely dependent on the QB's own ability to read defenses, anticipate defenders and make decisions. Irrelevant of the offense they are in. They ALL face different defenses each in every week.

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

LMAO..wrong Sullivan.