Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Man that reaaalll asswhuppin he gave you HER-I-Canes maust have really hurt.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm also warming up to the move after the initial WTF kind of shock. From a football sense it could work because Tebow isn't running our whole offense the way he did in Denver. We have a QB so we aren't relying on him to figure out his throwing motion or become a franchise QB, Tebow can play his part. Obviously guys all have to do their jobs or nothing works, but that's always the case.

Everyone wanted Sanchez to be pushed rather than have another Brunell behind him, so there you go. We were also in the market for a big back, so we've filled two holes in one move. It's March, so don't be crying about other holes on the team until you see what we do the rest of free agency, the draft and the summer when guys get released. There isn't a game for six months yet, so just relax.

A lot of people are pointing to the hype, fans and media, that's fair. In my opinion the Jets are one of the best, if not the best equipped teams to handle it. In the past few years we've had Brett Favre, Rex Ryan and the two deep playoff runs, Hard Knocks, Plaxico Burress, what else is new? This is New York. Am I overly optimistic? Maybe. I've been hoping shit would work out since we tried Richard Todd and the "veer offense" to help out an aging Namath so who knows? But I don't see how we've gotten any worse, credit the Jets for giving it a shot.

As Jet fans you know what we say...what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

3. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

What do you got against him?

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

I was pointing out that the loss was as much of Tebow’s fault as it was the defense.

And are you honestly going to argue that the Pats defense was good? They had julian edelman playing CB...

And in coverage, Tebow faced cover 1 and 0 the whole game vs the steelers, so passing on them wasnt exactly a huge deal.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Nothin' at all. I think he sucks though.

6. Hobbes3259

Like that's ever gonna happen. I know you aren't twelve, so I know that you know this team is LIGHT YEARS ahead of where it was under previous ownership.

7. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Fat boy doesn't really bash Sanchez. He actually complemented him in yesterday's show and said what a lot of Sanchez supporters have been saying.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow a bust after his first year starting ? wow.........man I wish Cowboy Qbs would bust like that , tebow has as many playoff wins as a starting QB than all the cowboy QBs combined since 1996 (all 14 of them).

9. whichfan

whichfan New Member

The Pats came up with the solution to this scheme because they freaking run a variation of it. They know how to defend it better than anyone because Tom Brady, yes Tom Brady's, offense is based on the spread option. They have been using similar concepts for years and nobody's been able to figure them out. And it just so happens they shared ideas on it during seminars with Tebow's Florida Gators....

To the OP, yes I am well aware of how Tebow should have been used and how terrible Denver was at doing it. I'm certain Sporano will not be as retarded as they were. And I'm certain that when implemented correctly Tebow will have no problems completing passes at 60+% just like he did in college.

For those of you that don't think it will work....the number 1 most prolific offense in the NFL with arguable the best QB in the NFL, Tom Brady, is based on the concepts of the spread option and it started in 2007, the first time the Pats blew away the league. With one minor exception. They had to adjust for Brady's snail like running ability. They took away the rushing option, but based everything else on the philosophy of the spread option and the empty backfield. Since then the Patriots have continued to evolve the spread option into what it is today, but to this day it fully operates on finding and exploiting match-ups, dictating to defenses, and taking away the defense's +1 man advantage. Which is why I said, Denver never had the personnel to actually run a spread option offense, but had they done it, Tebow would have been a different QB in Denver. The Jets do and have the will to make it work. And other teams, like Green Bay, have also copied the Patriots variation, but have a guy who can actually rush getting closer and closer to the true spread option, which is why Rodgers is putting up crazy efficiency passer ratings. It just so happens Tebow can actually run the real freaking thing too because unlike both of those dudes, he's not fragile and can rush, which is the main reason it's rarely been successful at the NFL level.

For those that like articles like this you can read about it here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/13/s...-sharpened-spread-offense-at-florida.html?hpw

It is the same thing the Panthers did with Cam Newton which is why you always hear "Carolina has more open guys than anyone in the league". Which is true, they do. And that's because unlike Brady, Cam can run, so he can fully exploit defenses. It makes it very easy to complete passes when you always have a guy wide open down field. Another reason why Cam Newton was leading the league in 40+ passing bombs last year.

So can Tebow, and when the Jets begin implementing it as well as the Pats or Panthers did, you will see similar results. And it will ALWAYS be effective with the right personnel unless the NFL makes it illegal because it's always going to be successful at taking away the extra man advantage defenses have on offenses and force them to respect the run on every play. That's probably the reason why there were reports the Patriots were interested in Tebow. They can implement the parts in that offense they're not able to with Brady.

Now other teams like Green Bay, Panthers, and soon to come Washington and Colts, with RG3 and Luck will all jump in on the fun. There's nothing wrong with the Jets wanting to do the same.

10. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Because with Tebow at QB this team, nor any team will ever win a super bowl.

11. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

Tebow gets a lot of hate just like Jeremy Lin does

I think jealousy is the answer

12. Hobbes3259

That was a cute reply, but you left out the sentence I was replying to...not fair.

You said...

Is this not a really good show, Mr. Sullivan???

13. baamf

baamf Active Member

14. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Thanks for posting that link.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

22 bucks for a sandwich? Does it come with a blowjob?

16. Hobbes3259

The only blights on this front office are Vernon Gholston, and Brian Schottenhiemer.

Revis.
    Cromartie.
    Leonhard.
    Scott.
    Harris.
    Jenkins.
    Pouha.
    The resurrection of Maybin.
    Mangold.
    Woody (when he was thought to be washed up)
    Ferguson.
    Slauson, (not faneca to be sure, but solid)
    Sanchez.
    Wilson.
    Greene.

The only real beef was losing middle round picks to build that base.

Had they dumped Schittnehiemer when they hired Rex (if Hue Jackson had been available)..they'd be a year ahead. They played it safe and tried to sick with continuity for continuities sake on one side of the ball..THAT is e glaring organizational misstep given the body of evidence coming in.

And that's Tanny. not a bad body of work.

17. Banjo

Banjo Banned

This will be the most delicious sandwich in the history of mankind!

18. Hobbes3259

Only if one of the haters buys it for you when we're 10-2. :beer:

19. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Wish I could read links without having to post 10 times. I'm an admitted Tebow fan and prefer to lurk. Don't like bothering true fans of a team by posting tebow biased drivel all over their message board. Hope you can forgive my next 9 posts :p

20. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

yes, but tebow will only be around on monday afternoons for you to give it to him.

anyone down for a groupon?