Rex makes a statement about the trade..Finally

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Mar 22, 2012.

1. foreboding

foreboding Member

Oh, but there certainly will be. When the locker room starts to spiral if the season does not start swimmingly, the griping will start and Sanchez will try to be a "leader" and the vets and malcontents in the locker room will start to gravitate towards Tebow. Also - when Tebow is on the field and things happen vs when Sanchez is there and he throws a pick...

When the crowd starts chanting "Tebow" - how well do you think thin skinned marky mark will handle that??

I think the Jets just brought a shit storm on their heads with an already fragile QB.

Plus, don't you think Rex would like a QB who runs alot, protects the ball and controls the clock...Tebow might be EXACTLY what your purely defensive minded coach wants, oh yeah, your OC...? The guy originated the WC offense.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

From just before the bolded part, of course there is nothing to suppose Tebow can play any other position. He can't even play NFL Qb at a competent level.

Good point on the bolded part. The logic of what they say about using Tebow conflicts with saying he's the number two.

3. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

If that idiot Pitt running back hadn't stepped out of bounds stopping the
    clock, Teb-blow, again, would be holding prayer meetings in the Denver parking lot (not that it's a bad thing either!)

4. TebowTrollCoach

Every team the Jets play will have to prepare for a Sanchez offense, and also prepare for if a wildcat or *other* offense might show up..

Sparano will give quite a show in the fall with playcalls.

5. Big Blocker

Nonsense. It will be no harder for the opponent to prepare than it will be for the Jets.

Even Denver last year did not have their O prepare for two different Qb's as part of its standard game plan.

6. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

our offense will be hard to prepare for in the beginning of the season, because team's wont know what to expect, but once they start getting some film I think teams will start to key in on our offense. Thats why the wildcat is dead.

7. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Was Sparano a coach last year? Did he use any wildcat offenses? Thought so, teams won't be surprised.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Here's a question. Without a upgrade at the RB/RT positions, what's going to make this GnP effective again? We have the same personnel we had last year. Different line coach and OC, but same folks doing the same jobs in the backfield and on the line. New blocking scheme not withstanding, w/o a viable passing attack, teams will simply stack the box again and laugh while we run into the pile, then trot out Tebow like its some kind of sneak attack. If we can't run effectively, the GnP won't work.

Without a viable passing game and a credible running attack, all this talk about the WC and the GnP is just smoke and mirrors.

9. Big Blocker

Here's what concerns me.

The Jets already were talking about changing their O, with a new OC. Of course it was and remains possible that much of what they had last year will be retained, but obviously many fans here wanted a completely different O. At the least LT will be gone, and Ryan has said he wants to run it. Okay.

So, in coming up with new plays and schemes, things Sparano and the other new coaches want to do, they will also have to learn plays designed for Tebow? Brand new plays, or plays Denver ran last year?

If the latter, there's already game film on them.

If the former, it sounds like Sparano might not be getting any sleep at all between now and opening day. In other words I am skeptical that the Jets can both change the O for Sanchez away more to what Sparano wants to do and also optimally integrate new plays for Tebow. More likely they will take some plays Tebow is already comfortable with and sprinkle them in to whatever else they change from last year.

The good news is they will have a whole pre-season to do it in, but imo it's still a very tall order.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

This thank you. The controversy is nothing but media talk. Its baseless. The media has been terrible the last 3 years and can't be made any worse by Tebow. What we think doesn't matter. What is going on in the locker room with the team is what matters. Sanchez is the far superior QB and there is no way barring injury that Tebow will be put in to start.

What we got out of this was the leadership and intangibles that we missed greatly last year. Not to mention a new offensive weapon that Sparano wanted.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Its the same plays he ran with Ronnie Brown. You do know the Dolphins were the ones to start the wildcat. Now all he has is a better player to have run it. The Wildcat got the Dolphins to the playoffs albeit with an easy schedule.

12. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

This team loves drafting and trading for average QBs. If this doesn't work out and both Sanchez and Tebow don't deliver, we'll probably see Ryan, Tannebaum and the rest of them gone in a couple of years.

I don't know about Tanny, sometimes. He's kills me with some of the moves he makes. I hope it works out...but I doubt it will.

#72 Flyboy, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  13. SkipBayless

SkipBayless New Member

are you talking about the Bear's player stepping out? Marion Barber who is now retired?

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Let's see if our QB coach has any skills by helping Tebow with his throwing motion. He has been a god send for Mark.

15. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

I think Sparano might be wishing for a pre-season that is twice as long. There will be plenty of headaches and not from physical contact.

16. joolander

joolander New Member

mark sanchez needs to make a statement on the tebow trade. as the leader of this team he should have already said something.

17. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

He shouldn't say anything. His next game performances should tell us everything about how he feels. And if he doesn't perform well, especially with pressure from the bench, then we'll know he's a bust.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Who cares about what Sanchez says publicly! Leadership is based on what he does in the locker room and in practice. It's just gossip; nothing but stupid media drama. Mark and Tebow are friends. He doesn't need to say anything. People are obsessed with meaningless drama. OMG, Rex waited a whole 20 HOURS to address the trade. How dare he keep the internet drama queens waiting! Life must have been so difficult before internet. It's unreal the way people feel entitled to know every detail of every situation ever. Push the clouds away and you'll see a brighter day. Relax, enjoy the ride.

#78 Barcs, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  19. joolander

joolander New Member

eh fuck both quarterbacks. id give my left nut for drew brees and the rest of his career in a jets uniform

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

So am I Rex, so am I.