Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Agreed completely. Bravo.

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

My fear was that the Jets were going to be ripped by the media (came true) and that the signing would fracture the fanbase (happening). But as far as pure football moves go, trading for Farve had me more nervous than this. We got a better backup QB that can help the team in other ways. That's my take.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The point is that this franchise has many needs and limited resource in both cap space and draft picks. They need to be more frugal than this. If they had 3 4th round picks and $30 million in cap space it wouldn't be as bad.

When you're just scraping by to pay the rent and your car needs new brakes and an oil change you don't spend a good chunk of change on a new stereo system, especially when your current one is pretty good.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Mark Sanchez lost more fumbles than Tebow did last year, and Tebow played Running back AND QB, Tebow had 6 lost fumbles all year, Tebow played in 13 games , Sanchez played in 16

#3384 CowboysFan, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  5. jlee499

jlee499 Member

:up: My thoughts exactly!

6. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

good god, the dreamers and pipe dreams they come up with. 2 draft picks, LOL and make them both 1st's. too funny. some people are total homers and this post is a major laugher!

7. xxedge72x

The problem I have with this idea is that Tebow presents simply a gadget option for what the Jets want to do on offense. I don't believe that's the case. I believe they made a modest investment for a young impact player in a role that he can succeed in and that will improve the offense significantly over the talent we already have.

He's not here to press Sanchez. He's here to make the whole offense better.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

tebow is coming in to run a specific package. Have faith in Sanchez , he is not getting beat out.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You know what would absolutely make our whole offense better? Getting a RT that doesn't suck. Whether Tebow makes our whole offense better is extremely debatable.

10. Blue

Blue New Member

I hope you are right.

11. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

12. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

I don't know how accurate www.nyjetscap.com is, but they say Tebow's cap hit jumps to over 6 million next year and over 7 million the year after. If it's correct, that is an unsustainable cap figure for a backup QB.

13. xxedge72x

Rex Ryan doesn't strike me as someone who is overly concerned about what the media thinks about him. Growing up as the son of Buddy Ryan I'm sure he has much more pressing concerns than what some tabloid wanabe has to say.

Also for the fans in the stands - I doubt there will be a heavy displacement of "normal" Jets fans for Tebow maniacs.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no. I am sure that instead of studying game film and preparing Rex is going to be reading message boards and the newspapers.

15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah this trade has really turned me off of the Jets

16. Reece

Reece Banned

If Sanchez was really the QB of the future, this kind of circus wouldn't be happening. They are ruining Sanchez or trying to light a fire under his ass. Either way, if Tebow takes the starting job from sanchez, wouldn't this team be worse off?

17. xxedge72x

That's 100% fair however you can't claim that this trade just excluded the Jets from getting a RT. They still have 6+ picks available which they could use to acquire a RT if they so desire.

Even if the Jets were originally planning on using the fourth round pick specifically on a RT - what are the odds that the 4th round pick RT will come in NFL ready and be able to win the job outright? The Jets seem to prefer the developmental OL in the draft.

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Everybody knows that Tims abilty to be the everyday QB is severly limited. If he happens to beat out Sanchez,that means that Mark would have to be pretty bad. And if he,after leading us to 2 afccgs ends up being that bad,i would rather have Tebow in there anyway. It is Marks job to lose,and i don't care what papers put on the pages to make their 50cents.

19. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

That's the way I want to approach it, but then I get bombarded by the nutjobs who see Tebow as some kind of divine inspiration. With each day, I see the chances of Sanchez succeeding dwindling under the constant pressure and scrutiny of Tebow. Maybe Sanchez would've continued to disappoint anyway, but this all but guarantees it IMO. He will lose his job and then get chased off.

Then we get to watch Tebow run a 1950s offense for Rex, which will bring further mediocrity IMO. Once the Tebow experiment fails in 1-3 years, Rex and Tanny get canned, we have no QB, and have to start over AGAIN, about the same time the Pats will be rebuilding without Brady. We aren't building anything.

I'm a sunshiner, but this move has put me in a really dark place.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's not specifically preventing them from getting any position. It shows a lack of prioritization, and a misuse of resources in terms of needs IMO. It doesn't give me warm fuzzies about what the plan is, or if there even is one.