Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The defense is not even close to that good.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Bad form, is taking the headline with a grain of salt, because there is not a single sentence in the column that supports it.

I don't hate a messenger. When there is a message, putting that headline on that column, makes him an inveterate liar.

One, It's unsupported, and Two, all Tebow ever says, is 'I'm here to do what the team asks me to do' which also means Meyers is willing to malign (by any reasonable account) a very nice kid, to pimp his own column.

That's the only reasonable message you can get from that column.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No argument here on that Byz, but as they say: even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Every now and then, Myers just might get one right. Time will tell my friend.

4. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

we gonna pretend sanchez is not starting with a new offensive coordinator?

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You have to admire the self control this guy has.

Could you imagine the caliber of tail that gets thrown at him on a daily basis? Especially when he was on the campus of Florida? Jeez.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You assume he likes women.

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#3207 LeonNYJ, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I'm not saying Sanchez will suck. I'm saying if he sucks, then Tebow should play. Please read.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

WTF does throwing INT's to d-linemen have to do with the offensive coordinator? I hate Schotty but that's ridiculous to blame on him.

10. OldTimer

OldTimer New Member

That was well written Reverse. Just thought I would give you a Thumbs Up.

11. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

I now know what a swarm of locusts is like.

12. Br4d

That stuff happened at the end of the year when Sanchez was hurt and the offensive line was facing it's biggest challenges since Denver (when Sanchez got hurt) and Schotty was no doubt telling Sanchez to just get rid of the damn ball faster because he wasn't going to get 3 seconds back there on his dropbacks.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this.there is only a qb cotroversy if the qb is sucking.the good part is we will finally know rreal soon if sanchez is what we hope he is

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

There's no excuse for those shitty passes to d-linemen.

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Good point. Tebow has always moved the needle in a way that can't be explained away by Christianity. He's sort of exciting on the field.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

16. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

Not being stupid, honestly want to know. I don't think this is at all similar to any situatuion in the league or even in the history of the NFL.

Seriously, in the history of the NFL has a young healthy starting QB ever taken his team to the playoffs and won a playoff game only to be traded the next year and sit the bench behind a struggling QB who looked like dogshit the year before?

17. Br4d

Sanchez had been hit 101 times going into the Fin game. Many of the hits were of the blindside drop, setup and get obliterated variety. That happens often enough to a young QB and they don't get happy feet they get hilarious knees, feet, arms, etc.

18. tzinc

tzinc New Member

Tim can't take over for Sanchez. Unless Sanchez sucks and the team is losing OR Sanchez gets hurt.

If Sanchez sucks and the team is losing or if he gets hurt then thank goodness Jets have a QB who can take over who is a proven NFL winner and has a playoff win.
    This all depends on Sanchez why would any Jet fan want Sanchez safe in his job and losing... there is no controversy Sanchez just needs to succeed.

The Jets have the talent to win now they are not in rebuild mode.

Sanchez needs to be winning now and if he is not then he needs to let someone else try.
    Last year Sanchez didn't have a legit threat to take over for him and look what happened...

#3218 tzinc, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  19. baamf

baamf Active Member

If you want the full Tebow package ... well, you have to do what the Broncos did so well last season. Make him the starter, meet him halfway schematically, and see how far you go. Marginalizing Tebow at the Brad Smith level and basically making him the playbook version of a circus freak does the player no good after how he developed in 2011, and it does the player's team no good because the NFL has already sorted that strategy out to a large degree.

The Jets have to go full-bore with Tebow. They can't sit on the fence and expect this to work.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...options-shortchange-both-sides-133548056.html

Only one day in....

20. tzinc

tzinc New Member

It doesn't make a GM untrustworthy things change teams get offered deals and things change. Is Elway untrustworthy because he signed Manning.

If your team gets a chance at a player IT WAS NOT EXPECTING you have to take it. Too bad if it hurts other players feelings. It happens all the time in the NFL. You sign a guy in FA and then draft a player at his position and the drafted player beats him out for example!