Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Why is Sanchez at 25 done learning? You ever see Eli Manning after year 3. Go crunch the numbers.

2. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Interesting fact: He also had the same amount of fumbles lost as he had rushing TD's. Tebow only had 6. 2-1 ratio not 1-1.

Which is roughly the same as his TD-to-int passing %. Mark Sanchez's career TD-to-int passing % is also roughly 1. Which is basically not good enough to start in the NFL if you ask me.

Sorry, but the numbers don't lie. Tebow is conservative in passing attempts. But his TD to interception ratios results in winning football games. That's the KEY behind his wins. That's what everyone misses.

That's usually the key behind most QB's wins. Not passing attempts, completion % or all that other crap. It's how many TD you can score versus how many times you turn over the ball.

It is really that simple.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You are not going to get any takers , even the elite executive members of hater nation will not touch that one .

4. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Why is Tebow?

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He isn't. I never denied that... all I'm hearing from you clowns is how he's going to get better. Sanchez is also going to get better.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I'm pretty sure he played a third of a season more , since Tebow started in week 7

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I think Sanchez has potential to be elite .

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You've definitely failed to make that clear.

9. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Sorry but I use the eye test over numbers, and Tim Tebow, right now, is just not a starting qb in the NFL. No one will get me to change my mind on that except for Tim Tebow, by improving and learning how to throw the ball. I'll say this - I guarantee Drew Stanton is a better passer of the ball than Tim Tebow is right now.

10. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

No offense, I doubt that you will find many people (other than Tebow fans perhaps) who judge someone's ceiling by looking at the QB rating in a single game performance. That "logic" that you are trying to use just does't wash.

It's tatamount to saying that Dallas Lee Braden (age 28, who pitched a perfect game for the A's in 2010, lifetime ERA 4.16) has a higher ceiling than Tim Lincecum (28, no perfect games, 2.98 lifetime ERA).

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The guy had 1 year of college , he is thrust into the most intense high pressure market in the nfl, delivers 2 really solid post seasons , has a 4-2 playoff record , distractions galore with the Rex Ryan 3 ring circus , team mates acting crazy , shrugs it off and improves every year ( yes I know about the end of last season ).
    Kid has elite written all over him. I don't understand how some jet fans don't see it .

12. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I'm not denying either guy can get better.

I'm simply debating with the mediots who go on repeating over and over that Tebow can't pass, or that it's "luck" or "outliers" when the guy put up 7 games with a passer rating of 90.0 or above as a first year starter. When he put up better passer ratings than even Manning in his first year and never had the conditions that guy did.

All I'm saying as far as a single game performance, based on what most people measure QB's by, Sanchez simply hasn't done quite as good as Tebow, while he has certainly done quite a bit worse(OTD, 5INT, 8.3 QB passer rating). So based on that along with his rushing abilities, yes I think Tebow's demonstrated he has a higher ceiling and doesn't crumble nearly as bad as Sanchez has shown to do. Factor in all the other intagibles and I think he has a brighter future.

So whatever it is you wanna judge potential based on, I think as far as demonstrated performance, Tebow's proven he can perform at a higher level. Between his passing and rushing, he can literally carry a team on his shoulders to touchdowns if needed. He's a primary scoring threat every time you put him on the field.

Whether he can become consistent, is a different subject. But as far as whether "can Tebow pass": the only people who spew that are those that need to discount all 5 full game SOLID passing performances he put together last year. Out of only 13 games that he played. They have to explain away every passing performance he has, to continue tooting their horn of how Tebow can't pass. They look ridiculous. So do media idiots like Stephen A Smith, who continuously ignore his good passing performances and repeatedly show only his bad ones.

Can he pass? Yes.
    Can he pass consistently? Remains to be seen.

I don't believe his inconsistency was simply a Tebow issue. I believe his inconsistency was due to a Broncos/coach/situation/receivers issue and running into new NFL defenses for the first time.

#3092 whichfan, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%.

So how do you see this playing out? Sanchez improves year 4, Tebow is used sparingly then what? Or do you see Sanchez continue to struggle early year 4 and the media circus thrusts Tebow into the gig?

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow is not the starter .

And unfortunately Stanton is not a better NFL passer .

Career NFL quarter back rating ( only passing stats )

Tebow 75.1
    Stanton 63.1

It's not even close

#3094 CowboysFan, Mar 23, 2012
  15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I see Sanchez rising to the occasion ,

I see Tebow for the first time in his life being pushed back

I see Tebow being a beast in the package

I see Sanchez picking up leadership and hard work traits from Tebow ( Tebow is a legend being the first guy in last guy out , Sanchez ain't getting there later or leaving earlier )

I see the team feeding off the intensity

I see Tebow picking up passing traits from Sanchez ( anticipation , pocket movement , footwork)

If the fans and the media get the F out of the way it's lights out .

The media is the only true obstacle and Rex has to gain control of guys like crow tweeting crap

#3095 CowboysFan, Mar 23, 2012
  16. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

Always great to see a Jet fan agree with a Cowboy fan because only a few Jet fans agree.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Good take. For the Jets franchise, that's the ideal scenario. This is what I'm dying to see happen.

#3097 Jake, Mar 23, 2012
  18. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

Tebow will make us say NAMATH WHO????

19. whichfan

whichfan New Member

He's already saying that for most people. Not too many fans were around to watch him play.

20. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

You guys are in for a frustrating ride. Looks like Tebowmania has already struck this place but i saw him play a lot being as the Broncos are in our division and Tebow cant throw for crap. Dont matter what you have for weapons, the guy had trouble completing swing passes and short hopped many passes to his WR's. He was 6-22 against KC at home.............. against Kyle Orton losing 7-3.

His footwork is a mess and he barely gets past his first progression before he wants to run. He may sell jerseys but lets be real. He isnt a good NFL QB by any means. Sure if a game is close and your defense keeps you in it, he can make plays with his legs but if it is a shootout....game over!!

Enjoy!

#3100 Boltjolt, Mar 23, 2012