Vent/Whine/Complain about Tim Tebow here.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mantana Soss, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Jets absolutely needed a short yardage power runner and Tebow will be exactly that..the premise of your entire thread is just wrong.

2. LGENF

LGENF Banned

I think its great, he's here now, there's nothing anyone on this board is going to say or do that can change that fact, and once the season starts and he helps the JETS win some games the entire sentiment will change

3. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Ya. People need to relax. Laughing stock? Go be a fan of the following teams:

Browns
    Vikings
    Raiders
    Dolphins
    Redskins

I could sit here and name more. The Jets are more of a sideshow than anything else. The team actually wins games and is competitive.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

For years now I have been very much inclined to think either nothing or very little about what fans of other teams think of the Jets. I have been specifically repelled by those who seem to be primarily concerned about such matters, as if what being a fan of a team is really about is whether fans of other teams respect, or even perhaps like?, your team. That is nonsense, of course, and I have had little patience for it.

That sort of thing is different than fans of other teams having opinions about things that are common to all who love the game, like what they thought of Goodell during the strike last year, or whether the league rules need to be tightened or loosened on how aggressive db's can be in pass coverage.

But beyond those kinds of "common to all fans" subjects, I have not really cared about what fans of other teams thought.

I am afraid the Jet FO has broken me down finally. I have to care about it, because, rather than dismissing such things as merely sour grapes, opinions of fans of other teams whose agenda is their team and NOT the Jets, now I have to say the criticisms sting. Because they are right.

This IS a clown show. This IS about a GM and owner who care more about publicity than putting together a good team. This IS about the inmates running the asylum, about non-football people pretending to run a football team as if they know what they are doing.

If I respect the truth, and I do, I now find I cannot dismiss what others are saying and thinking, negatively, about the Jets.

I now am convinced the Jets will not win a Super Bowl as long as Woody owns the team. Let the wait begin for a new owner. It may take years, but I believe someday, and that day will come, we will wake up and Woody will no longer own the team.

I will wait.

5. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

It amazes me how many Jet fans who all agreed Tebow isn't a real NFL QB just a few months ago are suddenly calling him the second coming now that he's a Jet. Way too much holy roller kool-aid drinking going on.

6. Big Blocker

You and the others here who share your sentiment are in denial. The Jets are a laughingstock and deserve to be.

7. Big Blocker

It's called being a homer.

8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I've been proud to be a Jets fan since 1970, and there have been times during every season where I have been sad, embarrassed, and ridiculed. Yesterday was no different, but I have risen like a Phoenix from the ashes and today I stand before you proud of my team. It comes with the territory. Put on your big boy pants, laugh a little, and suck it up. It's just a game.

9. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Who gives crap what the other NFL teams, fans of other teams, or the media think?

I want to win. If this win helps us win (and I think it might as long as he runs the wildcat and comes in as an HB option) then Im fine with it. I could give a flying fuck what people say or think.

#229 dabrowsk1, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  10. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Who cares? Winning has a way of ending the laughter. Stay tuned...

11. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Say it with me now...

"HE'S.....

NOT....

OUR....

STARTING....

QUARTERBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!"

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

But here's the thing..two days ago the same fans thought exactly the same thing about the Jets and have for longer than I care to remember...all this does is give them a single focus so they can feel a little less guilty about it.

You can't be a Jets fan and not realize that.

13. LGENF

LGENF Banned

whose calling him the second coming, only thing I have read is that he's 2nd string

14. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Again, who cares. If the team wins games it cures all. Go be a fan of those other teams who struggle to even sniff .500 every year. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like this trade.

15. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

:lol: No kidding, right!? lol Second coming... meh

16. Phins_4_Ever

Phins_4_Ever Member

Sparano's failure in Miami was essentially the wild cat. It was good while it was fresh but as we all know it has been overused (including the Jets who initially called it a 'gimmick') and defenses have caught up rather quickly.

I like the Tebow move because it will hurt the Jets one way or another. If Sanchez has three INTs fans will cry for Tebow to play. If he plays the Jets will be stuck as Tebow 'success' from last season will be matched by D-Coords catching up. If Sanchez sticks as a QB Jets fans will be gagging by mid-season how often Sparano will be using the wild cat without success.

Sparano is no master mind of the wild cat. The mastery of the wild cat was the surprise effect. As often as Sparano uses it it will prevent for any QB to go into a groove/sync.

But heck, who am I talking? The Fins had more boneheaded moves the last 3 years to fill a decade of failures. ;-)

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

How much wildcat did the Fins use the year Sparano got fired? You're kidding right? He rode the coat tails of the wildcat success in '08 to hold onto his job as long as he did.

18. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Who's calling him the second coming? People who like the deal are assuming that he won't be the starting QB and that he'll be used in select packages and in more of a utility role. They feel it's a good move.

19. Big Blocker

In the past, fans of other teams who criticized the Jets were just fans of other teams with an agenda.

Today they are right, with truth on their side.

Can't you see the difference?

20. Big Blocker

Nobody tells me what to do. I could tell you what to do, but I still care enough not to want to be banned here.