Good Article by Ian O'connor on Tebow

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Benny the Jet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7717287/new-york-jets-tim-tebow-right-play-gang-green

Normally, I can't stand ESPN, as they tend to sensationalize everything! However, this article by O'connor cuts through the nonsense and gets the the crux of the matter.

I totally agree with what he is saying and can't stress enough how much I think this is a tremendous move by the Jets. Once all the hype dies down and we get to the actual football side of this, Tebow will make a huge impact on this team IN CONJUNCTION with Sanchez! People tend to forget just how big of an asset Brad Smith was for this team. In our two year run to the AFCCG, Smith made some plays that were the difference between winning and losing football games out of the wildcat. There were numerous games where the offense was stalling repeatedly and Smith proved to be the x factor. Of all the players we lost last year, his loss was the most damaging to the teams success, imo.

Now, we have that versatility back in spades with Tebow. I've heard Kerley mentioned over and over, but lets be honest, with Tebow on the field, the threat of a pass is much more prevalent and dangerous.

Again, Sanchez is our starting QB and deservedly so, but Tebow along with Sanchez, will propel this team to a great season.

#1 Benny the Jet, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well on paper it SHOULD give opposing defenses fits but we need to remember its gonna take time for this thing to get oiled up.....at least several games.

they are gonna have to get both of these guys on the field at once - to legitimize the plays and keep the D guessing. the problem with that is ur exposing both players to possible injury.

3. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

O'Connor is a bit delusional if he believes this had nothing to do with PSLs and jersey sales.

The Jets will have to break with the standard one quarterback out, one quarterback in, if they are going to find long term success with this arrangement.

4. Gatornate97

Gatornate97 New Member

Just heard him on espn

It all starts with defining tebows role and letting the team know he is a situational player

Once everyone knows his role, this can be successful and makes sense from a football standpoint

5. LGENF

LGENF Banned

just remember, when all those fans start chanting for Tebow after Sanchez does something stupid, those are all you dedicated JETS fans, not us new Jets fans, ok?

6. Gatornate97

Gatornate97 New Member

I don't think that it will be that fickle

Sanchez earned his right with 2 Afc champ games

They should work out together

7. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

If Sanchez misses an open receiver on 3rd down of the opening drive of the opening game of the 2012 season, I GUARENTEE you there will be moans and groans and chants for Tebow at MetLife

8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%. It can be justified as a football move, but this part of it had to weigh in the decision as well.

9. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

you like the article and think the move makes sense just because it's a sunshine article! what it does to sanchez's psyche and overall teaam performance is being over looked. this will continue the circus atmosphere and it's going to get ugly.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tebow's spreading the word already that he's coming to town to compete and get better. That's what the Jets want out of him. He's not coming here to be the backup QB and package player and as soon as that becomes clear the Jets are screwed.

11. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

he's coming to town to mustard sanchez's hotdog, i hope he doesn't have delusion that he can get the starting gig. this is sanchez town

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You would think the Jets would have learned from that whole Montana/Young fiasco back in the 1980's.

Two roosters same henhouse.

13. LGENF

LGENF Banned

just hold on there sparky

this board is full of posts about how shitty Sanchez plays game after game

14. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

those guys are clowns, mark sanchez is a 20 million dollar FRANCHISE qb

simmer down with your expectations. Tebow gonna look real good holding that clipboard this year.

Comparing mark sanchez to a tim tebow is like peyton manning to a doug floutie, a franchise qb to a novelty act. sorry brotha

15. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

That's where you are wrong. Things changed in the stands after the PSLs started. While there are still dedicated fans in the stands, there are a lot of not so dedicated fans in the stands. Those are the ones that will be primarily yelling for Tebow, Snoopy, the Kardashians or anything else that doesn't make sense.

16. LGENF

LGENF Banned

I'm not comparing anything or anyone, nor do I have any expectations

I just know that after the Broncos game last year and many other heartbreaking Jets loses, this board was full of FANS stating that Sanchez was not the answer

I'm actually excited to see what this season brings, in whatever role/roles Tebow plays on this team

17. LGENF

LGENF Banned

ok, my point being, that it's not going to be us NEW fans that just got here today or yesterday with T2

I am a Gator, and followed T2 to Denver and knew he was better than Orton, finally got his chance and proved it in the category that means the most

W-L

I have no idea what he will do here, but I am glad he is on a new team because Elway didn't want him and even when they made the playoffs and beat Pitt, they couldn't get the FO or HC to stand behind him and give him any support.

At least here, right now Rex and the FO wanted him and so far that's a good start.

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The problem I have with the PSL and jersey argument is that Tebow would have this factor anywhere he went... it's not like it's exclusive to the Jets. In fact, from a ratio standpoint of PR improvement vs Football Improvement, the Jets are much higher on the football improvement standpoint than if the Jaguars had acquired Tebow, who would've benefit much more from the PR improvement.

19. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

No! Unfortunately it is Eli Mannings, and the Giants town. At least for a while

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Considering you have absolusely nothing to base concern about sanchez's psyche on clearly nothing is being overlooked. Projecting your own fears and insecurities onto sanchez is your own issue not his. nobody cares about you so stop pretending we have to worry about sanchez because you are insecure.