Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter New Member

I will support him but I did join because of him. But would like to say I will support tebow whatever his role on the team is and will not hate on other Jets players just to benefit tebow.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm going to support him now, but I don't support the move.

3. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Joseph Kony to the Giants

4. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

AccuScore 2012 Win Projection for New York Jets
    NEW YORK JETS W L WIN% PLAYOFF% WIN DIV%
    Baseline 7.3 8.7 45.6% 14.8% 3.0%
    w/ Tim Tebow 7.7 8.3 48.1% 21.8% 5.1%
    IMPACT 0.4 -0.4 2.5% 7.0% 2.1%

apparently this was a smart move? lol

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Everyone can bash me if I am wrong about this but listen, I hated the whole Tebowmania with a passion. Everyone that said that he should be a starter I put them aside as more idiotic than knowledgeable, but I have always said in a different role he'd be amazing.

We are already a media circus, adding an extra act to an already crazy show isnt much of a big deal at this point. As long as Sanchez plays consistently well and Tebow adds that wildcat dimension to our team no one will be doubting what the Jets as a whole can do on offense.

I think more will be surprised this year than disappointed, but hey like I said bash me if I am wrong.

6. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

7. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Count me in. Welcome to the NY Jets, Tim. God bless you, bro.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

i know it was you fredo! You broke my heart!

9. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

Give Tebow a chance

Forget the media attention and hype for a second. The coaching staff wasn't interested in that. They want him and they want to use him. He's athletic and has a lot of upside. Believe it or not we have a better defense than the Broncos fielded last season. He already produced much more than many football players out there.

Look, the Jets aren't trying to replace Sanchez. They didn't go for Manning, and they gave Sanchez an extension. This is the front office telling the world that "Sanchez is our guy"

Regardless, sure there will be more pressure on Sanchez, but maybe that's what we needed? This is the first significant move that will actually push Sanchez.

Perhaps in the age of Madden and fantasy football, people refuse to give him credit for what he helped accomplished last season because of his numbers.

At the end of the day, we get a guy who has supreme work ethic, raw athleticism, leadership ability, a guy that favored us and wants to be here.

10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I will support him if he plays Wildcat and gets Sanchez to play top 10 QB ball by lighting a fire underneath his butt.

11. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

And adding Tebow hurt our ability to strengthen our line how? We have to draft a guard at 16. None of this pass rusher bullshit. DeCastro or Glenn. Address rusher in 2nd.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

But doesn't any true competitor want to start? He will be a bit role player for the Jets or the starting QB for the Jags? Unless the Jets sold him on utilizing him a number of ways so he's in on most plays. That's possible too I suppose.

I just find it very surprising.

13. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Nope. Tebow likes Jesus Christ the savior and isn't afraid to Tebow on the ground in front of you. He cannot improve a team's chances.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'll never cheer for the Jets to fail, so I am behind Tebow now. Hopefully he can perform miracles.

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The 6th round pick is in the trade still. LaConforia got it wrong earlier.

16. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

He's a Jet... for better or worse... I think this kid is gonna help us...

17. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

I know you guys probably don't care what I have to say but I'll share anyways. I really don't understand how this move benefits the Jets. I am a huge Tebow fan but IMO the Jets are just asking for trouble. You guys just gave Sanchez a new contract and he has not played very well. What is going to happen when Sanchez has a few bad games and people start wanting to see what Tebow can do? I think this will turn out bad for the Jets. Although I think Tebow can be successful in the NFL I don't think being alongside Sanchez is what's best for either of them.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

someone correct me if I am mistaken--------Tebow is scheduled to make OVER $ 6 million next year and I believe evn more in 2013 ? This aint backup money--we are gonna have serious cap implications by this

19. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

I'm sure everybody on this board knows and respects my stance on Sanchez. I think he's truly an awful quarterback and systematically makes all the players around him much worse than he already is. However, I think we all know that Tebow is being brought in exclusively to come out of the Wildcat formation. If used in this capacity, he will be a PHENOMENAL asset. The dude is a physical beast and is downright deadly on short yardage/goal line situations.

We finally have our Brad Smith back - and more importantly - legitimate competition for Sanchez for the first time in his career.

20. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I despise this idea more and more by the day. Other than that it sounds terrific.