Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. neonleon

neonleon Member

I agree with this somewhat. It is disgusting but the jets cannot draft a middle round rb every year. 4 years in a row would be ridiculous! Are we already giving up on Powell?

2. reverseapachemaster

Rams trying to outbid Jax?

3. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I wouldnt. The picks should be grouped up to move down and take a dominate pass rusher or RT.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets cannot trade Sanchez this season unless they find 21.25 million in cap space to do it. The new team would take on the 3.25 million in salary but he has got a mountain of dead money on the cap aside from that if he is traded.

5. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Honestly, I dont know what Elway did or did not do. All I do know is that at least 3 teams want Tebow, and many coaches think he can be a viable player in the NFL.

6. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Your last paragraph describes Mark Sanchez to a T. He is a winner, good arm, its just lack of experience. Mark def had the IT factor, he handles ny pressure and media like nobody else. Don't get it wrong Sanchez is a better qb maybe not a better religious athlete.

Sanchez is successful and has potential to be a top 5 qb, you cannot say that abt Tblow.

7. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

They should just due the original deal if $5M extra is involved:the Jets pay 5 mil plus the 4th for Tebow.

8. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

So you admit that you dislike Mexicans?

9. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

This is embarrassing, get it done or walk away. I had nothing bad to say about the actual trade, but this annoucing the trade not only before it was done, but before reading the paper is pathetic.

I think it would be worse to walk away, than to just pay them the money.

Everyone is joking about our team, you would think we were 2-14 last year instead of the Colts. Elway is the man and our staff are mere children whining about it not being fair.

10. reverseapachemaster

Jets back out -- fight between Rams and Jags?????

11. Nick07

Nick07 New Member

I really hope it ends up going to Jags because Tebow will hurt your franchise IMO. You can look at Brandon Spano's Twitter and he will know the scoop as fast as Mort on this. Tebow is so big, people are no longer covering RG3's pro day and what happened to the saints. Good luck you all.

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Neither guy has top 5 potential. Tebow is at least exciting.

13. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Vick was a proven player before he went to jail. You can't compare this to what Tebow is. A lot of those games were wacky games where the Broncos got a lot of bounces and luck. Every game Tebow stunk for 3 quarters and then in the 4th quarter he was blessed. You know very well none of that miracle 4th quarter bullshit is going to happen to the Jets even if God himself touched the field.
    And if the deal does go through (please no!) he will be the backup to Sanchez. You aren't guaranteeing Sanchez $20 million to play as a backup QB.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Let's look at the 3 teams shall we?

Team A) has no fans, plays in a dead market and is only a short drive way from where Tebow played college ball. Could possibly move to LA if interested isn't drummed up soon.

Team B) just had their DC "banned indefinitely" , also is having trouble selling tickets and could also potentially be on the move to LA

Team C) Johnson Brothers, Tannenbaum and Ryan Circus who will do whatever they can to become the darlings of the offseason and remain in the spotlight while the other team in the city has absolutely disgraced you over and over.

15. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Honestly, people can say what they want, but in the end, I'm pretty sure our front office knows what's better for our team than the fans do. Also, no matter what happens, I'll always root for the Jets, so I might as well try and find the best in every situation (for example, if we go 0-16, at least I could say we'd get the #1 pick).

16. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I would love to hear how you came to that conclusion from what I said. There was literally nothing in my post to lead to that conclusion.

17. neonleon

neonleon Member

He plays in the most basic nfl offense i have ever seen. When has he ever demonstrated a good football iq? They put a system in place like the one he ran at florida because he cannot for the life of him run a pro style offense.

18. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

What was Tebow's completion percentage last season? This thread has inspired you to new levels of ridiculousness.

19. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Those are just 3 we know of. We have no clue who actually inquired. What if the Packers inquired? Would there be a caveat too?

I am just saying people are too dismissive of his talent. He has NFL caliber talent, and has shown that he can play in the NFL. And implying that it a miracle, or whatever other nonsense people have said, is disingenuous.

And like others have said, the guys who know better than the fans seem to like him.

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I like Tebow, love to seem him come here and run the wildcat and some option football and see if that helps to improve the offense. If he winds up outplaying Sanchez then so be it. Hopefully this will push Sanchez to play better and if not he deserves to lose his job anyway.