Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

If it goes through or doesn't we can't get any worse. We haven't won a fucking SB in over 40 yrs!

So all the logic in the world over this time hasn't proven true.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

No chance. None. whatsoever. The Jets aren't trading Sanchez. And we aren't winning shit without at least a semblance of a vertical passing game.

3. Very interesting. Could come down to a legal interpretation. The best way to resolve this is to compromise the guaranteed with an offset or mix up the compensation.

Any contract attorneys in the house?

4. reverseapachemaster

Not Tebow but another underwear model willing to turn his profession of faith into a gimmick.

5. d3ismet

d3ismet Member

I am surprised that the Jets actually went after Tebow. I thought it was just a joke. I am glad to hear the deal could be nullified. My gut instinct tells me the Jets front office will get the deal done to save their faces. It's really a shame. Don't get me wrong. I like Tim Tebow. He's a great guy who just wants to play football and loves to win.

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

One thing that confuses me. Did we even try to get Mario wiliams,the player we could really need? I can see a good use for Tebow as a wildcat etc,but .....?

7. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Mario Williams got the biggest contract for a defensive player in NFL history. It's not a comparable situation.

8. reverseapachemaster

Haven't 100 people said the Jets didn't get access to the contract until after they agreed to the general principles of the trade?

If so, and the Jets didn't know about the advance clause, then there's no deal until the Jets agree to all the terms after reviewing the contract during the grace period. Even if the Jets knew about the clause it's probably still open for negotiation until the contract can be reviewed.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'd love Williams, but I'm sure the Jets didn't pursue him knowing they didn't have nearly enough cap room. They never could have afforded him.

10. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

What I have been saying all along.......not mario but we need to fill the wholes we have and add depth, a #2 WR, a RB, RT and G, S/FS, LB.

This does not thing for us. What maybe we win 1 or 2 more games but causes alot of drama

11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Cannot believe almost 40% of this forum's supposedly 'smart & informed' Jets fans want Tebow on the team.

I like the kid, I hope he turns out to have a great career, but he cannot help the Jets and the circus he brings will destroy this team.

12. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Not an attorney but there would have to be some compromise to get this done. At this point there is no deal so the Jet's couls walk away at anytime. I have very mixed feelings on this. I like Tebow and I believe he's a playmaker but this is such a ballsy move. I'm an "no guts no glory" guy but I probably would not have done this deal.

13. Phear

Phear New Member

Yes, the jets offered him 16.25 per hour. He wanted a better benefit package though.

14. reverseapachemaster

It's perfectly possible the Jets knew they would have to pay the advance but threw out some mock surprise to try to negotiate the numbers down.

15. reverseapachemaster

I'm pretty sure they offered to promote "Mario'ing" as a soft benefit but he wasn't buying it since it would make him feel like a cheap whore doing some stupid move on the field.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I agree. The Jets have needs that they should be attempting to fill instead. A backup QB that may take 5-6 snaps a game to run the WC is not one of those needs.

How about a cover safety? A proven downfield threat at WR? Anyone to protect Sanchez other than the Vlad/Hunter combo they seem happy with?

This Tebow crap is stupid on so many levels.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Does anyone know - does the $5m (if paid) count against the cap?

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

true, but 1 more game could have put us in the playoffs.

19. reverseapachemaster

It counts against the Chicago Bears' cap.

20. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I dont think so, I see it as garenteed money and or bonus so I do not think so.......I could be very wrong though.