Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Then go 8-8 again in the process, firing Rex, Tanny, and Sanchez ending the Regime extremely quick

WOO HOO BACK TO THE BASEMENT WE GO WHOSE EXCITED

2. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

3. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

So, is this Tebow you're talking about, or Sanchez?

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

So if Tebow already got this money, we pay the Broncos back and then we dont have to pay Tebow? or what? I do not understand what the problem with the $5m relates to - if it was owed under the contract then it would have had to be paid so its not like he is getting more than he was due?

If the $5m does not count against the cap then why do the Jets care? They would easily make that much extra revenue from having tebow on the team (plus i dont care what it costs the owner personally).

To be clear I dont want him on the team but i really dont get what the issue is with the $5m unless it counts against this years cap.

5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We need a Revis holdout thread.

6. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

If having Tebow on the team wakes Sanchez from his slumber and he begins to play like many think he can, he'll be worth every penny.

(But if Sanchez stumbles a few times, it could get ugly out there).

Tebow will also have potential as the option type QB but if that doesn't surprise you and you play disciplined, he can be kept under control.

Yes the Patriots played Denver two times last year. The 1st half of the 1st game it looked the second coming of the Wishbone. Denver looked that good. But the 2nd half was different and in the 2nd playoff game, Tebow was destroyed.

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

4th rounder for him no way and did anyone else hear Terrell Thomas' tweet "Memo to #Tebow: Do yourself a favor - demand a trade and hold out. You don't want to be part of Gang Green's mess- lol." Fuck you NYG

8. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

lol shit this sucks

9. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

If this deal doesn't go through, which at this point I don't think it will. I can't wait to hear how they are gonna spin this. They can't come out of this without looking foolish.

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

What would be a hilarious conclusion to this saga is Tebow winning a Super Bowl with the Jaguars.

I'm sure at that point Tannenbaum (if still here) would be absolutely massacred for not completing this deal over a measly $5 million.

11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

This whole situation is such a clusterfuck.

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I dont buy this "Jets are idiots didnt read the contract" point.

Under the terms of the contract the Broncos chose to pay Tebow an advance against his salary

That contract is then transferred to the Jets who effectively step into the shoes of the Broncos so as far as the Jets are concerned, they are taking on a player that has received advanced payments.

I would be amazed if there was a clause in Tebows contract that would state "in the event we trade you then whomever take over your contract must repay to the Broncos any sums paid to you in advance" - why would it?

So unless the Broncos made it clear that a condition of the trade was that the would look to recover that payment how would the Jets have ever appreciated that there would be anything to pay?

If someone was selling a car and they had paid the road tax on it for the next 12 months and I bought that car i would assume the price i agreed to took into account the fact i was getting the benefit of this advanced payment unless they made it very clear that this sum had to be repaid.

A lack of communication from the Broncos seems more likely than a lack of understanding by the Jets IMHO.

13. Nick07

Nick07 New Member

I was talking about Tebow

14. Jagsbch

Jagsbch New Member

LMAO I love how you over exagerate the situation regarding a QB who has only played 16 games.

Tebow owned the 4-year Division 1A passer rating record when he played @ Florida. He threw for over 300 yards in his second start prior to Fox shutting him down the following season.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

A guy that can only crack the starting lineup do to injury, is talking shit?

Stay Classy NYG.

16. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be too concerned about that possibility

17. reverseapachemaster

When you buy a house and take out a mortgage the bank pays the seller in full. Then you pay back the bank in installments. If the bank sells your mortgage to an investor, the investor pays the bank the remaining value on the mortgage and you keep paying. The bank doesn't lose money because it advanced the full payment on your house but traded the mortgage.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That's the way it was initially reported, It seems to me like you have 'unnamed NFL sources' spinning it the other way.

I cannot believe the NFLPA would allow such a clause, because it becomes in effect an extra way to tag a player....

The earlier news reports quoted what the Jets believed were the salaries they were agreeing to...

19. He has transferable skills to other positions. This is a football player above all else. I've hated Tebow since his rookie year.Mainly b/c I linked him to Josh Mcdaniels whom I can't stand..but also, like you felt he was a mere option QB with bust written all over him. But you know what? He made alot of NFL defenses including our's look silly in some big moments with that option garbage. That's b/c he's gritty football player with a strong will.

Also, I remember another college option Quarterback who set all kinds of records who succeeded in the green & white who made his living as an all purpose skill guy.Come to think of it he still plays in the AFC East.Jets offense really missed those 2-3 big plays Smith seemed to make in every game...just sayin..

I've defended Tannenbaum through alot during his tenure. Hell I still think Vlad Ducasse was a good pick. Call me an apologist for all I care..But not reviewing a contract before executing a trade on a player this high profile that you KNEW the media world would explode over?! Absolutely inexcusable & embarrassing.

Like the trade or not the Jets have to execute on this NOW. They will be labeled complete laughingstocks if they end up without Tim Tebow. Jets had this same bad karma with the Assomogha bullshit. This can't happen 2 years in a row & this could be PR suicide.

A potential compromise? One of 2 things to add to the table.

1. Agree to a some portion of the 5 mill and
    A. 5th rounder instead of 4th round
    or
    B. 4th rounder only still include Denver's 7th

2. Pay the 5 mill but Include Bart Scott in the deal. Jets end up down 1M.

One way or other FINISH THE TRADE.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What kind of salary cap is the bank working with? Is Tebow available to them?