Vent/Whine/Complain about Tim Tebow here.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mantana Soss, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I cosign THIS......!

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm so confused right now. ha

I hope it is a deal breaker though. Only thing I'm optimistic about at this point. :)

3. patfanken

patfanken Banned

WOW! I certainly didn't see this coming. A couple of points

1. First I want to thank the Jet FO for moving so quickly on this so that it finally put to bed the idiotic rumors that Tebow might be coming to the Pats. Thank GOD for that.

2. As I've said before, in a strict football sense, the Jets were only one of just 2 teams where Tebow made ANY sense. (Panthers were the other).

3. The Jets were already going against the league trend by using the run first and THEN throw off the run. Adding Tebow's talents to a series of plays in his wheel house is just a continuation of the same philosophy

4. Its all in how you look at it. Instead of thinking you just picked up the only QB in the league so inaccurate (46%) that he makes Mark Sanchez look like Aaron Rodgers; you think, man, we just picked up the best passing Wildcat QB of the last decade. Like I said its all in how you look at it

5. if the Jets are able to incorporate 2 distinct offenses into their system without disrupting themselves, then they will be come a very difficult team to prepare for each week.

6. If nothing else, the Jets got the one thing that Jets management seems to want even more than the Lombardi......the HEADLINES. They have made themselves one of the top 3 national stories in the league, and its the best kind. The kind that continues on right into the season. Now not a day will go by without SOME kind of story that mentions the Jets.

7. And you can't ignore the negative -

You have a HC who has already proven he hasn't got a grip on his locker room. He already had a difficult task to create a unified locker room out of last season's mess. And now he's just been informed that the circus has just come to town. So what does Rex do an already divisive locker room, when the most divisive force in the NFL is coming (and its not Tebow's fault)

You have a can't cut diva WR, who certainly can't be thrilled about the direction the offense is going before Tebow. And he can't be too thrilled that the new QB is even MORE inaccurate than the one he hates now.

You have a starting QB who is your guy for the next 2 seasons, for better or worse ($20MM worth) He was teetering on the edge just with the fatuous Manning talk. How is he going to react knowing that ANY time he throws a bad pass the Tebow chants are going to come. God help him if he throws a pick.

How is Sanchez going to be the "leader" when the one thing even his detractors will give him is that Tim Tebow is a great leader. Like I said, in a strict X's and O's sense getting Tebow has some merit. But in a "real sense", the Jets just threw Sanchez under the bus.....and hopes he stays under it.

Well guys, your FO just made the AFCE a very very interesting place to be. And because I have such "a keen sense of the obvious", I don't think this will be the last time we talk about your new QB

4. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm watching the off-season version of the 2010 Texans game right now.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Too funny...I'm sure this isn't how it happened bu this is ESPN

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Jets-Broncos agreed to Tim Tebow trade before Denver asked NY to pay back portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow. No deal yet.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

For once, I actually agree with your post. In football sense, it makes complete sense, but in reality with every other factor included, it does not.

7. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I'm defending this move for a few reasons:

Losing the wildcat really hurt our offense this past season, and I think Tebow can run it better than Brad Smith did because even though people criticize Tebow's passing, he can actually be more of a legitimate passing threat from the wildcat than Smith was.

We used a 4th round pick to draft Brad Smith, so look at it like we are drafting Tebow in the 4th round like we drafted B. Smith, and just swapping 6th for another 7th (garbarge picks anyway)

We will also get a back up QB who is actually capable of being on the field, if Sanchez goes down, would you honestly rather have Stanton in than Tebow who has actually proven that he can win games under pressure and in the playoffs in spite of his deficiencies? If Sanchez goes down, I want Tebow in there over Stanton or McElroy.

We are getting a legitimate back up QB, maybe the best wildcat threat in the league, we really aren't giving up that much, and if we use Tebow right in the wildcat, I think we can bait a trade for more than it cost us to get him.

I also think this move reinforces the Jets' desire to trade Keller and Scott to try and add some more picks this draft to compensate for this move.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Some of these points are valid and some aren't.

One thing is certain in my mind, however. If anyone thinks this was a football decision, they're wrong. This was totally and unquestionably a Front Office Sales Department decision, from the top down... from Woody right on down the chain.

People have been abandoning the Upper Deck in droves and sales are tanking in all but the best seats up there. There are no PSLs to keep them locked in up there. And even the PSL seats are under extreme pressure... people wanting out but unable to do so.

What better way to boost dismally attrocious ticket sales following an 8-8 year in an overpriced, Preseason-mandated, difficult-to-traverse "state-of-the art" mausoleum that nobody wanted or needed and certainly shouldn't have been mandated to pay for?

I know! Bring in Tebow and hit the offseason headlines one more time! The phones are ringing off the hook! Brilliant!

9. Section 227. Row 5

I know! Get the Season Ticketholders to pay his fucking bonuses and salary! What the hell, those guys fall for everything.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I think if it goes through it will prove to be a very good deal for you.

Tim Tebow has the greatest TD red zone efficiency in the NFL the last TWO years. Number 1 in scoring TDs (passing and running TDs total) per touches inside the red zone (look it up). More than Rodgers or Brady or Brees. The guy is money inside the opponents 20 yard line.

He has 32 TDs in 16 starts and appearances in 7 other games. Its a big time value trade for a 4th.

The guy scores A LOT of TDs. I wish we had him.

Also who cares about Tebow chants? really? from a pure football move the guy is a BEAST, you have your traditioal QB in sanchez now you have a serious threat in the red zone with tebow.

#130 CowboysFan, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  11. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

well said, first time ive agreed with a cowboys fan....

12. Section 227. Row 5

4 and 6 but we get back a 7.

He's a good athlete, there's no questioning that. His value may be worth what we're giving too, for what he brings to the table. But I just think the Jets should be more focused on using the picks in other need areas. And then there's the Tebow Factor. The very first 3-and-out on opening day and the fans are going to be screaming "Tebow--- Tebow!" Huge distraction both on and off the field, IMO.

13. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Manish Mehta ‏ @TheJetsStream Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Tim Tebow got $6.3M salary advance during 2011 season, per @MikeKlis. Broncos want Jets to pay them remaining $5.1M for '12, '13, '14. #nfl

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You might not know this but last year the JETS and Sanchez were pretty fukin good there already.

The real reason JETS fans are upset is that we have serious holes and this trade addresses none of them.
    It also removes a draft pick, which we desperately needed

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The Jets were #1 in Red Zone offense last season.

Pure football move of course it makes sense. Unfortunately/fortunately football isn't played in vacuum where everyone's skills are utilized and there are no outside influences. The second Sanchez has a subpar game the media would be pushing for Tebow to be the starter. Not the fans, but the Media will drive this point home and it will become a distraction to the team

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

what fans are going to be screaming Tebow? Jet fans that have season tickets? then that's an issue with Sanchez not Tebow. But it wont happen it just wont , have faith in sanchez

Also there would be no chants for Tebow if he had did not have a winning record at every level he has played in. If Tebow loses games no one chants for Tebow, that tells you he has had success , besides this could be the thing that really sparks Sanchez.

I like Sanchez I am no where near as hard on him as some Jets fans. I see he has improved every year, he has played really well in post season. kid has it. I believe it. Tebow would be just another weapon. who cares want some fans chanting are saying? I don't get it. The chanting would be annoying so why have a guy that is a TD slot mahcine in the red zone playing? I don't get the chanting thing at all.

EDIT************ ok I see what you are saying about the media , my goodness you guys are new york , you represent the entire country! buck up man YOU ARE THE MEDIA! Disclaimer I was born in new York (manhattan) left when I was 5.

#136 CowboysFan, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Cutting through all the rest, the bolded part is what gets me. I don't recall anyone, not a single poster here, with all the variety of comments and suggestions that have been made, saying what the Jets needed to do was upgrade their wildcat capability, or have this kind of QB/hybrid player.

No one.

And you know why no one did? Because it is not what the Jets need.

This smells like a Ticket Sales move, but I am hoping it backfires on that idiot Woody and his so called "football people".

18. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

From back to back AFC Championship games to this. So sad. This organization does not have a clue on moving forward from here.

19. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

agree, this sucks even more then drafting sanchez.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

Great post Big Blocker.

Who would’ve thought that a wildcat QB was so valuable to winning a SB.