Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I like tebow. I like his leadership and champion character. I think he will run the football and protect the football well in, "Gator" formations.

IMO we gave up a little too much for him.

I don't care about a persons religious beliefs. We are a Huge country and everyone has a right to believe what they want. However, if the holy sprite comes with this player maybe we can finally break our 42 year curse.

2. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

You do realize that we got a 7th rounder back from Denver right? Effectively there isn't much difference between 6th and 7th rounders. So we really only gave up a 4th for Tebow (which is a little high but not terrible).

Considering we are expecting to have 3-4 comp picks in the draft, the cost isn't that bad. The only question is how much Tebow will help the team.

3. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I love the trade for Tim Tebow.

First of all for the people bitching about the media circus, you do not make moves based upon media perceptions and what they mean to the team.

Second he is not going to be the quarterback. You don't sign Sanchez to the guaranteed money that he has gotten to allow a quarterback competition. Mr. Johnson did not succeed at J & J and with the Jets by making moves like this.

You all saw how successful Tebow could be in Denver as a wildcat quarterback on occasion (he is a glorified wildcat quarterback). This would not work the entire game as you saw there were teams who shut him down. He will be great in the H-back and wildcat route. Can you imagine Tebow lining up at the running back position for 5 or 6 plays a game, while lining up in the wildcat for a drive or 2.

For those of you complaining how this hurts Mark Sanchez, you cannot have it both ways. Cant say he has been coddled and then complain when they bring in a player that wont even compete with him for the starting job. And for people saying how it will affect him when people call for Tebow to take his job after 1 start. This happens to every fan base. There are even Gaytriot fans who were bitching about Tommy Boy after his Super Bowl performance. Wow great twitter is going to want Tebow to start. Cool if twitter ruled the world Justin Bieber would be the president right now.

Bottom line do you get a player that can do what Tebow can do for a 4th round pick? The answer is probably no.

4. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

He was the young backup waiting to usurp the starter. Not told he was just gonna be the wildcat guy with no chance to be the starting QB.

The folks on here that believe he'll come here and be satisfied with just a specific part-time role with no chance for him to be the starting QB are kidding themselves.

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Cromartie should learn to tackle first.

6. RevSmitty73

RevSmitty73 Member

Explain why it is a bad move? They gave up nothing. At bare minimum, he is a threat on short yardage situations and on 3rd downs. The guy has 11 games under his belt, and went 7-4. He took a last place team and went to and won a playoff game. Maybe he pushes Sanchez, who according to numerous teammates "quit" on his team last year.

7. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i agree with the first statement. if sanchez goes down, i have to think tebow is next in line.

the second statement.. what are you even basing that on?

8. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Oh Tebow...this is gonna be a looooong offseason.

9. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Agreed. If we have Tebow at the goal line against Pittsburgh in the playoffs two years ago, we score and go to the Super Bowl.

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Also, tebow will give Sanchez the competition he needs and hopefully light a fire in him.

Bc you know he will be strapped up and ready to play the Lord's game everyday.

11. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

and for those fearing the tebow maniacs and religious fanatics..

the constant insults thrown at tebow for his beliefs are not much better.

unless they're funny.

but most of them are not.

but if anyone has any funny ones..

12. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

After 45 years...i heard it on the truck radio and the first thing I did when i got home and parked was SCRAPE MY JET LOGO OFF THE BACK WINDOW>

13. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

The only way this is acceptable is if this move was done to troll all the evangelicals by sending their homeschooled messiah to play for the team they likely hate the most.

problemjeebusfans?
    [​IMG]

14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Tebow does not have a golden ticket to a starting QB position. He needs to earn it, same as 32 other starting QBs in the NFL. He had a chance, he had success, but obviously his organization didn't believe in him.

If some team thought he was worth more to them (the Jaguars) than the Jets did they would've or should've ponied up more in a trade offer.

Tebow can earn another starting QB job.

15. jetsaholic10

jetsaholic10 Member

Woah woah woah. Everyone's hating on the Tebow trade. We didn't trade for Tebow to become our backup QB. He's probably going to be third string. We traded for him to do other things like what Brad Smith did a couple years ago, but hopefully better. We traded a fifth and sixth round for him, and he's only getting paid $2-3 mil per season. By no means is he expected to save our team or be our savior. But he's not going to be our QB, that's for sure. Good move Tanny!

16. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

He was a trust fund baby. And what has he done with the Jets besides move them to NJ full time and go out like a bitch with the WSS deal?

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's just what I said earlier...I am so sick of hearing how fragile he is..he is suppose to be a fucking NFL quarterback.

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You got a 7th rounder back for a 6th rounder. You got Tebow and a 7th for a 4th and 6th.

19. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Over/under on the date of a Tim Tebow/Jeremy Lin religious commercial: June 1st.

You just KNOW its going to happen.

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Great. Cromartie is already talking shit about this trade.