AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Jesus some of you analyze this to the last grain.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I could have shredded that show if I had analyzed it to the last grain. I just chose the most obvious flaws in a crappy show. Some of you... okay, most of you... have terrible taste in pretty much anything you choose to watch on TV. It's evidenced by what shows get picked up for follow up seasons. And also by the vast array of reality TV, and also scripted reality TV.

I suppose that's the benefits of being easily entertained. You really don't know what's well made and what's a McDonald's double cheeseburger.

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

Thank you sir, thank you.

4. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Another reason why I can't wait till Lori dies. Her character has gotten to the point where every single scence she is in, just becomes tainted.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Well, this finale wasn't that compelling. Nobody died except filler characters. Overall season 2 had a few good moments, but it wasn't that exciting. I'm hoping that season 3 will turn this show around. I don't know what's up with Rick, I think the guy who plays him is just not a convincing actor. The guy who played Shane was much better and they killed him off. I was kind of hoping it would be the other way around. Lori getting mad at Rick(after she specifically came up to him saying that something needed to be done about him) a few episodes back was dumb. I feel like the dialog is very weak in this show. People comparing this show to Lost are out of their minds.

6. abyzmul

Oh yeah, speaking of filler characters, that kid that died in the Winnebago. I sat there for a minute saying 'who the fuck was that guy' until I realized he was the kid that told Daryl he could take the horse near the beginning of the season. That's the last time I saw that guy. Great continuity, that.

7. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

The kid in the camper was a joke. We could not figure out who he was. Also why were they driving @ like 40 mph along the fence?

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If you guys saw The Talking Dead...Kirkman and the other executive producer were happy that they were done with this season...Alot of filler stuff happened and they know the real shit goes down next season at the prison and with The Governor.

Alot of unnecessary stories this season.

Btw, what grinds my gears is when Lori freaks out over Carl missing and demands everyone to stop what they are doing and look for her son while zombies are parading the farm compound or when Carl is freaking out over his mother and wanting them to go back to find her.

What gives those two assholes the right to say what goes down? If I was T-Dawg or Hershelle or the woman that just lost her mother outside the house, I'd smacked Lori in the face and tell her go fuck yourself and your kid.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

That guy Jimmy was a waste of space.

10. abyzmul

Here's my problem with that excuse. They basically just admitted that they couldn't do anything with the subject matter they were told to portray, or chose to portray, and admittedly half-assed the entire season. Why the fuck should anyone believe they are talented enough to portray the stories 'that matter' any better than that bullshit finale?

What a joke.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Why were they drive by shooting, wasting precious ammo, when they can steam roll them with the cars?

Why not get into a raised position, like the roof of the house and pick them off?

Why didn't they take a newer car while they met up on the highway? Why didn't they siphon more gas?

What was up with the orange gatorade on the hood of the car?

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Cant wait for the Halloween special;
    Hershel with a Shotgun 'Brought to you by Men's Warehouse Sports Coat's...You'll like the way you look, I guarantee it.'

[​IMG]

13. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Since none of us watch commercials anymore with the advent of the DVR, it's product placement.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Its true...we will see more of it as the world starts ignoring ads on tv

15. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

You know that Hyundai paid a pretty penny to have that hideous-color SUV appear in every other vehicle shot.

The DVR is used for 2 things when watching the Walking Dead- (1) Bypassing commercials, (2) Skipping any scene which involves words coming from Lori's mouth.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I noticed that...I had not seen that car on that farm anytime prior to Glenn and Amy getting into it haha

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yeah that whole running out of gas thing, was nonsense. There were cars all up and down that highway, yet they don't even think about getting gas or backup cars just in case? What a terrible leader Rick is. Here's to season 3!

#917 Barcs, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  18. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Thought the same thing, but at the same time if you noticed the only character (if you call him a character) that stopped the car to shoot at the zombies was Jimmy, and he died. There seemed to be like a couple hundred zombies on the farm so getting on the roof would have just trapped them once they ran out of ammo. And orange gatorade is the best one, everyone knows that.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

what exactly was Jimmy doing in the Winnebago? I assumed he was driving over so Rick and Carl could jump on the roof and then he'd haul out of there. instead, he came to a stop and then got out of his seat but to do what? where was he going? he was surrounded by zombies.

and why did Rick climb off of the RV before he even knew Jimmy was dead or under attack? what was the point of the RV going to get them? they could have jumped down from that height without it.

20. joolander

joolander New Member

the product placement in this show is so annoying. anyone notice the perfectly unused groceries on the hood of the car on the highway? its the scene where everyone is scattered in different directions but they all manage to get to the highway at the exact same time... some of the shit in this show is just straight up irritating. the directing, casting, and especially the writing. i just wish that this show had the same feeling as the road. dark and gritty enough where carl shouldnt be a bitch at this point..