17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I said this the first time I ever saw the stadium layout. Big mistake spreading it out like that. It doesn't affect the lower levels to badly, but the UD is really spread out.

How hard would it have been to design a stadium with some cover downstairs. I mean, ridiculous.

2. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Whats done is done. I dont know from a construction stand point if some type of awning or overhang could be installed to provide some type of coverage up there. That may help sell the seats which trully do suck up there. Anyone who tells you different is a liar.

3. 316ROW13Seat20

316ROW13Seat20 New Member

I'm jumping ship. 2100 just for 2 tickets to sit in the corner 13 rows up driving from long island to NJ....the stadium should be in manhattan...almost 45 years since we have been IN a superbowl. Playstation 3 now offers sunday ticket to anyone...that might be the road i'm taking.

4. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Roof would fix this!

5. 316ROW13Seat20

316ROW13Seat20 New Member

a roof in manhattan! Jim Dolan.:mad: I hate msg.

6. Section 227. Row 5

I have some construction experience and I can tell you without a doubt that there is NOTHING that can be done for any kind of cover upstairs. That would have had to been engineered in from the git-go... way too late for any thought of that now.

Even for the SB, forget about that being an option. Far too risky with winds, etc. And a dome that would span that footprint is out of the question since it's so spread out. You would have had a better shot at doming Giants Stadium than this one.

No... it is what it is. A freaking austere, people-unfriendly, expensive and ridiculously designed monstrosity. Christ, they couldn't even get the people-moving right. Escalators with turnaround landings without enough room to handle a crowd, instead of the outstanding straight shots yuou had at Giants Stadium. One big expensive mistake this thing is.

#13346 Section 227. Row 5, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Bring back the spirals!

8. Section 227. Row 5

I did have it scrambled but basically I know how the early days went as does everyone else who was waiting for "the call" that late spring. I remember how eagerly I counted the days until my call around June 16th.

I fo remember you got called pretty early and so were able to secure the Row Ones, be they wherever. Right after that, within days, something happened up at Ticket Office HQ. They realized 95% of everyone they were calling was saying "Screw the PSLs, give me something in UD Prime." So they started running out.

What to do? Total change in strategy. Stop being up front. Stop being truthful. They realized all the lower rows in the UD were filling at an alarming rate.

So now you start lying. Tell everyone there is nothing below Row 16... oh... unless you want the corner... then maybe Row 12 or something like that. Guys were buying this, including me, so I grab Row 16 in 342... "best available," says Manny.

Only to find out they held back on the lower rows. Months later, guys were scoring Row 9s in front of my seats.. I am talking like August.... WAY after they called me on the "Seniority Preference List."

My point is, I have no reason to believe that anything fundemental has changed in the FO with regard to honesty and integrity. I've seen nothing that indicates a return to a trustworthy relationship between the Jets STHer and the FO. The old relationship took decades... decades to foster. Now that they've chosen to totally destroy that trust, it will take fucking decades to repair. Guys will not be trusting the Jets FO for the useful life of this stadium even.

9. Section 227. Row 5

The old spirals and straight-shot escalators made this new, amatuerishly-designed stadium look like something out of the middle ages.

Who TF designs levels that you can't even walk completely around? Up and down like a fucking mountain goat. Ridiculous. You need a GPS to go find a buddy's seat on the same freaking level as yours.

10. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Agreed or walk through a restaurant/bar atmosphere instead of a concourse. I dont even want to imagine getting out of there in an emergency. My mind is made up I wont renew my upper deck seats no way in hell.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Torture them first though. Don't just leave and let them win. Tell them you want free parking... totally free... and you won't pay for Preseasons. Tell them if they do that, you'll reconsider.

12. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I may just do that im just not sure I want to mess with a person who has no control over this. Connect me to Woody Johnson direct and I do it in a heartbeat.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Fellas, the closer I get to having to make this same decision, the more pissed I become.

They couldn't just leave well enough alone. I had decent seats before, yes. Under cover they were, in the MEZZ no less. Great seats in Row 5, yes. But I paid my Jets bill faithfully every year for 27 years... since 1985. Never one late payment. Not one, I can assure you. And when the Preseasons became mandatory, I sucked it up.

And when the lean years came and... well... actually stayed (not went), I sucked that up too. Price increases with Woody that exceeded 10% per year and doubled in 8 years? No problem. Parcells is here, maybe Bill Belichick in the wings, oh no.. but Herm Edwards and Vinnie... and we've got this new kid Chad Pennington, now it's Eric Mangini who will surely turn things around... but now it's Rex Ryan, what a fucking beast! And we bring in El Guapo... problems solved!

Build the new stadium and give the old timers preference in the way of a "Seniority List." Oh yeah, I'm with that. Surely they'll take care of me, I've been so loyal all these years.

So yeah, I'm pissed as I approach this awful decision.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will say it again I feel for you guys,,,,and understand completely ---what a shame that it came to this for me and many of you are having to deal with this now. What a difference 3 years make huh ? We all remember waiting to get that call from our Rep----many of us did our homework and were prepared to have that conversation about the new place and our new seats. What a SHAM ---what BS!!! To make matters worse is it is 3 yrs later and it is still BS that we get in our conversations with them----simply amazing this was just so avoidable.

The new place is NOTHING special and seems like such a waste now--they should have done away with the upper deck as the sitelines are just so bad and it appears they could give 2 shits about it. Best of luck dealing with these SHILLS and good luck with your decisions.

Ps to anyone that told me I was wrong in what I wrote months ago about a MASS EXODUS this year----all I can say is read what these people are posting on this thread ! Yep they are bailing in droves !

cbg < -----" no longer on sg3 's permanent ignore list because sg3 is once again banned for 7 days. oops my mistake he was reinstated today / and lasted about an hour and is now banned for another 14 days

15. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

You arent alone. I still have the ticket stubs back when the seats were $19.50 each..................those were the days.......long gone.

And what have we WON since then?

16. Section 227. Row 5

I totally understand and you are warranted in your desire to connect directly with Woody. And that's the problem, for sure. And it's been the problem. The man does not and will not connect with the Average Joe Jets Fan.

So now what has to happen is, Woody will understand nothing less than being fucked in his wallet. Upper Deckers and other PSLers, defecting in mass droves like you've articulated and for the reasons outlined, are the only thing that will get his attention at this point. The guy doesn't have a clue.

17. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Theres an ass for every seat. I dont renew those 4 uppers someone else will get them. If not the Jets are good friends with many ticket broker agencys who I was told arent forced to buy the preseason tickets like us hard working stiff fans.

18. sect105

sect105 New Member

Go for it, make new memories. I know it will be hard to "change" your game day rituals but you will adjust. I am not gonna shell out the 3400 bucks this year. I plan on tailgating in the parking lot. Parking passes are abound on ebay, and if the weather sux I will stay home. That doesn't make me me any less of a fan. I went to every home game in 95 and 96 and I never got any medals for it. And when I see tickets on Stubhub go for 28 bucks I know that I do not need to be forced to pay a single dime I do not want. But.. I would never begrudge anyone that feels otherwise, unless they do so but bitch about it.

19. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

NYJETS season tickets are the like the gift that keeps on giving.

20. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

FYI who ever is not happy with there UPPERS someone on STUBHUB is selling 2 seats with parking section 126 row 17 comes out cheaper than what the real invoice is.

1200 each parking included

Save 100 after fees and shipping

FYI