17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Just called,talked to my agent asked why I didn't see the half off parking on my invoice online? He said I will be getting it in my mailed invoice. I'll have to see this. Also told me improvements are being made to the stadium about escalators blah blah blah.
    Told him I'm thinking about cherry picking on stubhub so I don't have to pay for preseason and the night games with the rowdy crowds. He told me Yellow Parking lots are filled to capacity and I'm on a list for the pass.

2. 17a_tailgater

I'm pretty fed up. He gave me the playoff tix an I lost my shit. PLAYOFFS??!!! We're NOT TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS?!? I said I've seen 4 home playoff games in the last 29 years. He said I'll send u your stuff and please think about staying

3. 17a_tailgater

I asked about lowering the price and he responded with well they didn't raise it. Asked me to relocate and I said don't even bother I will never pay more than $95 a tix. Price increase 1 more time and I'm gone definitely

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Dude, you are the antithesis of sg3. I need to see you and him square off at the first tailgate in the fucking parking lot or at Applebee's.

5. Section 227. Row 5

This shit is falling apart quickly and it's quite disturbing. No one has been fucked more than thou, and I mean that quite sincerely. You had fucking 1970 "seniority" like Champ and they stuck you in the fucking corner instead of Row One Uppers like they did with Champ and should have with you.

I don't fucking blame you for being pissed as hell. I'm pissed as hell too, but I am going to fuck these bastards MY WAY for all this shit. I will FORCE THEM to give me fucking ROW ONES or I'm gone. That's my God-Damn goal. They took too much out of all of us with this bullshit. Pay me now.

These people fucking owe us.

EVERYBODY: DO NOT PAY YOUR FUCKING BILL. INSTEAD, INSIST ON A FUCKING UPGRADE.

#13325 Section 227. Row 5, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

You buy the winner dinner or a beer and im in. No holds barred.

7. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

If you want I have 4 psl I can sell to you for face 2500 each section 126 row 20.

I currently have 8 and its just alot, but I make enough through out the season to pay for the PSL.

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

1991 seniority here so I'm not too far behind. I'm only 31 (I feel like that's young on this board lol) My dad put me on the waiting list when I was 8 years old and well I got picked off the list when I was 11 years old in 1991. Now I'm 31 and I won't lie it's emotional because it's something I've done with my dad for 21 years which is over 2/3 of my life. I feel like if I do the stubhub route I won't go to every game. I haven't missed a home game since I graduated high school in 1998.

My dad was ready to give them up last year. My sister got a 3rd ticket with us a few years ago and she was the same way. When it comes down to it the 3 of us still want to keep going but they're leaving this all up to me. I run the show when it comes to the tailgate getting to the game etc. They feel the same as me though that are current seats are too high up. We can live with the view being in Siberia but we shouldn't have to walk so many fuckin stairs. There are also almost all new people each week which we don't like. In the first few rows we notice regulars each week.

I just can't justify spending so much money for a much worse experience. I'd rather sit in the parking lot and watch on tv or better yet take the $1k in ticket money, the $1k I'd planned on spending on a PSL, and the few hundred I spend on parking/tailgate food and take the room they give us of us in my condo and renovating it into a bar.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

17A - I can't believe they gave you the tired "Waiting list for yellow parking" line. Last year I proved this to be BS when they gave me yellow parking well after the sign-up list dates. The orange/yellow nonsense were made-up scenarios used when convenient to sway people's ticket decisions. They modify it each year. We really got dicked-over in 2010. There's PLENTY of yellow parking spots.

Sec337 - You touched on a main point often overlooked by many who feel we uppers are all whining about the view from the seats because we didn't pay for PSL's. It's not just the height of the seats, its the effort to get in and out of there that is spectacularly NOT state of the art, and probably worse than most stadiums built in the past decade - or ever. Now the man who was in charge of it all leaves to run the Jaguars...

10. Section 227. Row 5

I wonder WTF they are talking about now? What "improvements?" How do they fix those ridiculously designed escalator patterns?

11. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, don't tell me they won't be able to "find" another Yellow if you sign up again. After you make your deal with them (get the upgrade), then you tell them... "And oh, BTW, I need Yellow. I'm not commiting my CC unless you can give me Yellow." They'll find one "somehow."

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I think ur have some of the facts scrambled

I have been a NYJ STHer since 65 way before 17A I am sure

The NYJs claimed that when they moved all the records from 1960 to 1976 were "lost" so they lumped all the 60/76ers into the 1977 group

Then the NYJs decided that LL & Mezz STHers had priority over UD STHers so they got 1st dibs on the FR UD sideline seats

I got lucky because so many of the LL & mezz STHers opted for the sideline seats that when my turn finally came there were still FR UD seats available albeit in my case around the 10 yd line instead of the 50 yd line that I should have been offered if it was done fairly :sad:

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

14. Section 227. Row 5

One more thing about the escalators.... How come, if improvements are being made, we're not seeing an email or something addressing that issue? Nothing from the Jets OR Giants.

Isn't it sound property management, if you have an issue of concern from your patrons, and if you decide to remedy that issue, that you would make an announcement as to what you are doing to fix it? I mean, isn't that just common sense, particularly if you could attract more customers (sell more tickets) by letting them know in advance and in fact announcing it proudly, that "we have a plan in place now to remedy concerns over the escalator problems some have experienced at the new stadium."

Come on. They're struggling badly to keep asses in their seats, especially in the UD where the most concerns are over the escalators, so if such a plan was in place, you don't use that as a sales tool?

The problem is, THERE IS NO SUCH PLAN. It's kind of like Richard Nixon who was seeking re-election, so just before the elections he announces that he has a plan in place for an orderly withdrawal from Vietnam, a real sore spot for many voters, to garner last-minute votes. Years later, in an interview, he admitted there never was such a plan.

Same shit. These bastards lie, lie lie. I'm sick of it. If they really want to fill the UD, they need to:

1) Lower ticket prices, especially Rows 10 on up. Graduate the discounts so that the last rows wind up 50-60% of what the front rows are.
    2) Give free parking... Green passes issued gratis upon renewal.
    3) Announce concrete changes (like escalators) if you are actually doing it. So something else special for the UD, something to stimulate sales.
    4) Cut some slack across the board on Preseason Games. The entire world knows this is a fucking joke already and it's a huge impediment to someone deciding whether to renew or not.
    5) STOP LYING
    6) STOP LYING
    7) STOP LYING
    8) STOP LYING
    9) STOP LYING
    10) JUST STOP

15. Section 227. Row 5

16. Section 227. Row 5

Ravens fans in the Upper Deck Men's Room at the half:

[​IMG]

17. Section 227. Row 5

The new look of Upper Deck Stadium Security for all 2012 Preseason Games:

[​IMG]

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

19. Section 227. Row 5

I'm going to say that I don't think there will be much done to the UD for the '14 Superbowl. The stadium is what it is up there. And they know they will sell out every seat up there anyway.

If any upgrades are done, it'll probably be to fancy up the lounges and other areas downstairs. I don't know what could be done upstairs. Maybe put in fancier carts? What else could be changed up there? The place is pretty much unchangeable.

20. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

What may lure people up there is if the could partially cover the seats with an overhang,lower the prices or offer free parking. Theres nothing they can do to change the view that was a design flaw.