Jets interested in Ryan Grant

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ASITS, Feb 15, 2012.

1. ASITS

ASITS Member

I work in a school and one of my students is Ryan Grant's cousin. Told me the Jets are very interested in him. Take it for what it's worth....

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Now this is a signing I would really like. Grant + Greene for ground&pound, McKnight on 3rd downs and one more year to evaluate Powell.

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

wouldnt that be tampering? I mean the offseason hasnt started, and Grant is still technically a member of the packers...

4. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

this was my first thought. then it occurred to me that bc of the media, it's safe for every free agent to think that the jets are interested in them.

but this would be a very meh signing i think.

i was never really a fan. he's nothing special. kind of a straight ahead runner.. not much of a pass catcher. i don't see how he would be any sort of upgrade or change of pace to greene. maybe a little more burst but he's about 30 now isn't he?

5. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

It would be a signing about as noteworthy as justin mccareins in 2004.

6. ASITS

ASITS Member

hes shown potential with the 1200 yard season but i would honestly rather jacobs if their looking for a bigger type of back to help out greene

7. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

And where I work, I know someone who knows someone who knows someone's brother who knows someone that Mark Sanchez is his long lost brother. :rolleyes:

I take this type of claim with a grain of salt.

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well imo those 1200 yds may have been positively impacted by the packs OL style and the QB. both of which are shall we say in a bit of a flux with the jets.

9. Nick

Nick Member

Dont know if this is credible, but for whats its worth I think it would be a great signing as Grant has the stats/skills to replace LT and would be more productive yard-wise than he was this season for sure. Not sure how it would effect the cap though?

10. ASITS

ASITS Member

Its coming from a high school kid so like I said take it for what it's worth. But I do know that they are actually cousins so I can assure that

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

My father's friend/former coworker used to live next door to Jeff Torborg's barber. Also, I once played baseball against Tom Kelly's son (while Kelly was managing the Twins) and I went trick-or-treating at his mom's house.

On a similar note, I know a guy who once had a random conversation with Dexter Fowler's father at a convenience store or highway rest stop or something.

Therefore, I am an all-knowing, all-seeing baseball expert.

12. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Sign this beast!

[YOUTUBE]R1rztYysyDI[/YOUTUBE]

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Hes 29 turns 30 during the season but not an awful lot of mileage on him. He could come cheap enough that we dont have to spend much on a RB. He could perform well again if he gets the carriers. Hes better than Greene imo its just if he can stay healthy.

14. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

hasn't been the same since that injury..then again it's with rodgers throwing..so they didn't need to lean on him.

15. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

grant isn't bad. he's just not that good. he would put up similar numbers to greene. if we're going to add a rb.. and i think we should.. it should be a guy with more upside.

we've seen the best of grant. he wasn't elite. he put up numbers mainly due to the volume of carries he got and the effect of aaron rodgers.

16. thegreatwayne80

anyone that would suggest jacobs being a jet has to have been living under a rock for the last 3 months and have a shortage of nerve endings in their brain. what makes people think jacobs is worth a shit anyway? he was the backup running back on the 32nd ranked running team this past season.....

17. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Perfectly said, Grant isnt going to cost much, comes on a short term deal and if a big if is healthy he can help this team. Allows us to draft an OLB/WR in the first...

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Is it so much of a given he'll come here for little? I can see other teams being interested.

19. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

The issue with Grant is his health, I am assuming he would be cheap on a one year deal but I might be wrong.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I would hate it if the jets invest in other runningbacks. We should at least see if Powell and McKnight are good.