Now, about those 2 AFCCG's...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 24, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

A lot of fans were thinking of wanting him fired and you don't fire a coach when his worst year is 8-8 in his third year. I also never said keep him forever, so not sure what you are talking about.
    I brought up head coaches two win one with two different teams because you asked if Rex had a ring. This implied to me you wanted to get a HC who has a ring, so I was just saying that a HC has never won a ring as HC on two different teams. I agree if there are no major injuries and we miss the playoffs with 9-7 or worse, we have to think long and hard about Rex's future. As of now, I don't see any reason to entertain the thought of letting him go based on the last 3 years.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Duh RR is signed as I already posted thru 2013 Woody is way, way, way to cheap to eat his contract so he is safe for 2012 but beyond that if he team is dreadful as many expect that his last year of the contract 2013 will be when he is will be terminate

U seem to have man god love for RR so I ask where are his SB rings that make you love him so much

U know if was a CEO of a company & the workers stood up to management RR would have been fired in a heartbeat :sad:

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't have man god love for RR, I just don't want him fired this year. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong and we still went 8-8. Before Rex came here, many fans and management would have settled for 8-8 and just wrote it off as SOJ. Now we actually say, 8-8 is not good enough and we need to make changes. Out goes our OC who has been here a LONG time in the coaching years.

You know if an employee got caught with a drug test, they wouldn't be banned for 4 weeks, they would be fired. Another company then would not trade money or a potential employee to acquire the employee that failed a drug test.
    That happened with Tone. Or how about an employee that has crashed their motorcycle driving it illegally and has two rape allegations that shone a negative light, and is injured and misses days and puts up subpar performances because of these injuries. Big Ben is still a QB.

The sports world is a lot different from the real world, and once you acknowledge that you will see why RR is the head coach this coming year.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Champ, if you were CEO, you'd have a new manager every single season they didn't win the title.

Personally, I don't think Rex should be fired. I think the 2 AFCC games give him enough clout there. If this team spirals out of control this year and picks up where we left last season, Rex should be fired. If we pump out another mediocre year, I'll have to evaluate why and then make up my mind.

As NYJunc said, he's won 4 playoff games. That's as good as any coach the Jets have ever had. Has he won the ultimate goal? No, but most of the coaches who DO win championships have had the same coach and QB for a while. We've had a taste of success with this regime. I'm not willing to break it up yet.

Are there signs that Rex isn't the guy of the future? Yes. Absolutely. But there are also signs that he can be the guy to lead us to playoff success, his 4-2 playoff record speaks to that.

Obviously, making the AFCCG isn't enough. If you wanted to "brag" about it last year or during this year, you sure as hell can't anymore after both franchises we are in the most contact with have gone further than us while we didn't even make the playoffs.

5. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Typically, when someone says "if I was CEO of a company", it means they have never been CEO of a company. And, for good reason.

Rex has two more years here. So does Sanchez.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If you were CEO of a company, people would speak in letters and not words.

7. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

I hope they both get multi-year extensions.

8. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

They may or may not.

That will depend on performance.

What you hope for is irrelevant.

9. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

yea i bet you do :rolleyes, unlike the other coaches we had, Rex won't submit to the "greatness" of belichick and brady and I bet that eats you up inside dont it.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I really haven't seen a lot of fans or even a few fans who want him fired...maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. A LOT of people want him to tone down the bullshit but fire him? Now if coaches (which may already be the case) or free agents stop coming here because of him then that is different.

11. grumpynyjetsfaninME

you really want to know what those 2 afccg's are.. its like that chick you banged in the 10th grade.. 15 years later.. it really dont mean sh*t.

12. Funkee Beatz

Funkee Beatz New Member

Champ invented newspeak and he's trying to push it onto the community of TGG. Watch out before you know it...Big Blocker will become Big Brother...he is watching you.

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Bragging about two back to back AFC championship game appearances is like a kid bragging to his parents about getting a D in school.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The fact that Rex brought us that far in his first two years is an indicator of success. We have a coach who is capable of leading the team to where it needs to go. We all want to make a superbowl and win it. The problem is agreeing on how to get there. Some people think that if results are t immediate that it is time to move on. I tend to think that it is pretty hard to find the right person to lead a team to a superbowl so running a guy like Rex out of town is a bad idea.

15. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I have always had theory about teams and their levels of play.

Some teams that go to a Superbowl and go their storing ; the following year they are almost on cruise control . They do the same things that they had success the year before and continue having that success , thus they basically repeat their achievements from the year prior or go further.

The Jets Were anything but dominate in 09 , but had the makings of a good team . In 2010 they put it together and with much greater success then the year prior , but Ultimately failed to achieve their goal.

Those two AFCC games were a glimpse into a team that had the makings of Champion , but lacked True depth and had their weaknesses exposed. The defense was good , but not dominate. The offense was good , but not dominate. The difference in this year was personnelle. The make up of the team had changed and the little bit of depth we had was gone or injured.

16. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Really, in 2009, we were a mediocre team that snuck into the playoffs and then did damage when we got there. In 2010, we were a good team that probably went one more game than expected. We still could only win 11 games.

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

This was on Yahoo's Home Page today

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_super_bowl_losers_peyton_manning_012512

As for the rest I guess your rating of RR is higher then mine. Just as a aside you can twist around what you said about RR 4 POs win & say & U did not win the SB so that lowers his 4 PO win achievement

#197 championjets69, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  18. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

Rex Ryan is the king of NY,
    Needs to be here for life.

19. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

What does that even mean? You do realize that since Ryan became head coach of the Jets, Belichick and Brady have won the division each year, yes? And you do realize that the Belichick and Brady are playing in the Super Bowl this year, yes? And this past year, Rex got put in his place not only by other teams around the league, but by his own guys and his own admission that he lost his team.

The lack of self-awareness... sheesh!

20. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

“I have news for you. We are the better team. We’re the big brother. People might say they are the big, bad Giants, but we are not the same old Jets. … To me, it seems clear that right now we are the better team and we are going to remain the better team for the next 10 years. Whether you like it or not, those are the facts, and that’s what’s going to happen. I know it’s going to happen because our style of football is different. We are going to take over the town whether the Giants like it or not, so those fans on the fence that like both teams are going to be Jets fans in the end. The truth is, if I am going to watch one game, I am going to see the Jets, without a doubt. We are better.”
    Rex Ryan, 2011

Wow.