Now, about those 2 AFCCG's...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 24, 2012.

1. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

To me it's simple to win a super bowl you need to get to the championship game and win it. Yes we haven't won it but if your in the final four I consider that contending for a super bowl. If you don't contend then you can't get there and win it. It's not easy winning a super bowl so if your knocking at the door two straight years your doing something right.

Most of my lifetime the Jets have been in the range of inept to average with the exception of the Parcells era and the Rex Ryan era. There haven't been many coaches around here that could get us past the wild card round and I believe in most years any team that is playing in the conference championship games is good enough to win the Super Bowl. It's a matter of performing up to the level you can perform at and getting a little luck to go along with it.

If you fire coaches that dont win the super bowl after 3 years your going to fire a lot of good super bowl winning coaches in this league so in my mind the Jets have to have some patience here because Rex shows more promise than most coaches do in their first 3 years. He's proved he can motivate players and devise a game plan to beat some of the most talented teams in the league is January and that is more than I can say for most of the coahes in this league or anyone else we would bring in to replace Rex.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You mean what occurred last year in the L/room is in your head motivating players? :sad:

3. championjets69

Posted in error

#163 championjets69, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  4. championjets69

Review the beginning part of this thread to find the BS you posted :sad:

5. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

I stopped reading the rest of this thread once I saw this "beauty" of a post.

IF THIS DOESN'T PROVE THAT YOU'RE NOT A JETS FAN AND ONLY HERE TO STIR SHIT UP, THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL!! :mad:

GET THE HELL OFF THIS MESSAGEBOARD AND GO ROOT FOR THE "true NY team"(according to you) BUFFALO "ORCHARD PARK" BILLS!!
    [​IMG]

I've had it up to here with your posts.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

7. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

So don't read them, easy enough, also try reading up on your favorite player, it's a joke you didn't even know he had knee surgeries and was cut by his team yet want to sign him willy nilly without even a modicum of research.

I'm not here to stir anything up, if people are this sensitive that my posts which are pretty basic get you heated you need thicker skin or to step away from the computer for a day or two.

8. Braylon4ever

You've done nothing but lambast everyone who has a different opinion than you. That's called "stirring shit up", just so you know.

EDIT : And for the record(just to get back on-topic), while I don't think 2 AFCCG "appearances" should count for much myself, considering how the other 2 times the Jets got there spanned DECADES while these 2 spanned just 2 years(back-to-back), I think it can be considered an accomplishment at least in a way of something to build on.

#168 Braylon4ever, Jan 25, 2012
  9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

People bring up the back to back AFC championship losses not to brag, but to quiet down all the over reaction saying to fire Rex. At no point should the thought of firing Rex crossed Woody's mind. It would be different if we went 7-9, 6-10, and now 8-8. But we went 9-7, 11-5, and now 8-8. In addition to not having a losing record, Rex has won 4 playoffs games. People use it as a defense to opposing team fans and fans here saying to fire Rex. Why do you think Andy Reid still has job even though he converted 1/5 of his NFC championship games into a Super Bowl experience. The best way to win the Super Bowl is to make the playoffs consistently and win there. Rex has done this in 2/3 seasons here.

10. championjets69

11. championjets69

RR future will entirely depend on the success or failure of the 2012 season since his contract expires at the end of 2013 season. BTW how many rings has RR won as a HC? :sad:

12. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I think everyone is making a big deal out of a minor incident. If they win the last two games we probably never hear a peep out of anyone on the team. If we win games next year everyone will be happy. Just like the Giants had Osi and Jacobs making noise earlier in the year now theyre winning and everyone is happy. Holmes isnt the first receiver to dog it. Revis can give you a full list of guys who take plays off. I didn't want to sign Holmes long term but he is what he is a talented wide receiver who will dog it and can't keep his mouth shut if you don't keep him involved in the game. What one guy does shouldn't affect the overall view of the team. For the most part I think the team played hard for Rex again this year.

My biggest problem with Rex this year is the offense was a complete mess. They had no identity. The two receivers were not used properly, and the unit was undisiplined. He has to step in there and get things straightened out and it sounds like he understands that now. He's the head coach just because you are defensive guy doesn't mean you can't get in there on offense.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't see how rings has any involvement in the point I brought up. I said we bring up the playoff appearances to defend illogical fans who wanted Rex fired this year. Rex has 0 rings like most other head coaches in the league. Do you know how many head coaches win rings for two different teams as head coach? I think the answer is none.

14. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

People bring it up to me here and I've never called for Ryan to be fired. I've criticized him, but I'm fine with you guys keeping him forever.

#174 AJ Duhe, Jan 25, 2012
  15. Braylon4ever

Haha! This.

He's like the Yes-Man for the Refs saying everything is a-okay. lol.

Does anyone know the terms?

Can I ask why you continue to utilize the "sad" emoticon IN EVERY SINGLE POST YOU MAKE? What the heck, man?

16. championjets69

H'mm I do not have the foggiest idea what point U R trying to make with a HC winning SBs with 2 different teams. The point here we are discussing the NYJs who have NOT won anything now for 43 years even though RR has guaranteed us a VLT during his 3 year tenure with the team. As I posted earlier another dreadful year like last year & I would doubt Woody will reup RR especially if the NYGs turn out to be the winners of next weeks SB

17. championjets69

Actually I am shocked & actually do not believe that Scott & Leonard did not inform RR what was occurring since RR swears not to have known :sad:

18. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

+1. This post is spot on. It's amazing how short sighted people become after one rough season.

19. championjets69

Well we will C after this upcoming season how really good RR is since his contract expires after the 2013 season & if we have another dreadful season Woody will have to decide if he wants to reup him. Hopefully you do realize we have now endured 43 years of non winning nothing seasons:sad:

20. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Scott Norwood missed a 47 yard attempt on grass; at that time in the NFL (and maybe still now) fewer than half of such attempts succeeded. It was hardly a 'chip shot.'