Now, about those 2 AFCCG's...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 24, 2012.

1. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

The reason why we Jet fans use these two losses as a defense is because of how hungry we are for a superbowl. The thought that we almost made it twice in a row kills us. It makes us proud that we got that far, that we were in the top 4 teams left in the NFL. However, they WERE losses, and even if we would have won either of those games, we still would have had to win again to be champions. It is no where near enough to celebrate, but making it to the AFCC is all we Jets fans have, sadly.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I was talking of the JFK fact where you inferred it never happen because I mistyped the date. The more you post the sillier you get in my eyes & maybe you should check the historical facts before posting. BTW besides U getting some wins in the POs which I am sure gave U some pleasure buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut did it put any money in your pocket? Did U get a better job because of that? So what is more important earning more money or getting a better job or seeing the NYJs get a PO win here & there:sad:

3. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

Seriously? You're going to put those two sentences right next to each other?

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Hopefully, this will be the end of the bragging about AFC conference title game LOSSES. I am also tired of the Sanchez 4 playoff road win junk. Thank you, Eli Manning for ending that talk.

No more excuses, Jets. No more bragging over AFC playoff game wins. Super Bowl or bust, you losers

5. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

+1,000,000 only a loser franchise hangs their hat on AFCCG losses and I won't go down to that level where I'm content and excited about losing the AFCCG TWICE!

For me it's SB or bust, same way as a Yankee fan it's WS or bust. The knicks and isles at this point I'll just settle for playoffs to be honest.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

don't make a glaring mistake like that next time.

For you to call anyone out is pretty comical especially since your rant in this thread has been about facts and all I did was post facts. You haven't told me how those facts aren't facts yet

7. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

Whilst it's correct to state that going to two straight AFCCG games which were lost seems to be a hollow boast it has in my time as an active fan been the most successful the Jets have had and brought a lot of fun, hope and maybe we just need another piece to make the push

Rex does look a little suspect in bringing this up and is a bit like the use of the phrase in UK politics many year ago "you've never had it so good" when we fianlly came out of post war austerity but was used to dampen criticism of a slow down in growth and progress. Rex seems very shaken in that he's now working out that he needs to develop as a HC and is calling for loyalty.

I think this is fair enough and he has in my mind this offseason and the coming season to show how he responds to adversity and help to push this team over the hump to becoming division champs and homefield advantage in the playoffs. If he can do that I'll have a greater belief and be happy to support a few years more to get the ring he wants

8. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

How is this thread 8 pages long?

Has anyone actually said they're glad they only just got to the AFCCG?

It's as simple as this: It's just used as a measuring stick towards our progress.

Yes, there was regression, but we weren't blown out of the water, we lost by one game -- hell, by one play even.. but the two AFCCG's are mentioned because it shows that Rex Ryan and his team are capable of being a great team, they just need to fine tune everything, strategies and their players.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Does it make you feel sly and superior to pretend to be a Jets fan?

10. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

@dr.velociraptor- Especially since you are calling your "fellow" Jets fans pathetic?

11. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I actually mentioned the Dolphins' 70s dynasty in my original post. I should have said "second dynasty" in the 90s.

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

<sigh>

Please.

Look, we're really stretching to attach the "dynasty" label if these are the teams we're working with. If Miami wants to make a flailing attempt to claim an early-1970's dynasty, then fine. At least there are Superbowl wins in Don Shula's trophy case - cheating, objectionable fuck though he may be. But there's just no such thing as an "AFC dynasty." That's just goofy.

13. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

Still pissed about that rainstorm, eh? ...hehe

14. championjets69

Those coulda, woulda, shoulda were just plain made up SPECULATION on your part. Facts are facts like the examples I posted. But your FACTs is plain made up garbage like if the Ref had made the call in our favor we would have gone on to the SB> Sure, sure, sure just made up BS on your part & in the future you should stick to the fact which are what exactly occurred not you made up garbage :sad:

15. nyjunc

what is coulda, woulda, shoulda about:

Rex winning 4 postseason games
    Rex getting to 2 title games
    Rex winning 4 road playoff games
    Rex leading us to playoff wins in back to back years for only time in team history
    etc...

How are these coulda, woulda, shoulda's?

16. championjets69

So how do you he is capable of changing. Do U have daily skull sessions with RR? U know his contract expires after the 2013 season so if we have a dreadful 2012 why should or would Woody reup him? :sad:

17. championjets69

The things with the if the referees had made different calls is call made up BS by U :sad:

18. nyjunc

where was that brought up in the post you quoted from me?

19. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

LOL.. Many of us are Yankee fans... Ranger Fans... Heck the Islanders had a dynasty a decade AFTER Miami did.... LOL

20. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

I don't know what is better, Shula keeping the tarp off the field (brilliant move) or Mark Henderson driving the snowplow.