Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Peyton runs an offense similar to Brady. He would fire the ball out quick and wouldn't have to rely greatly on a running game. Not saying that I want to sign him just that a lot of the sacks that Sanchez took would not happen with Manning.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

A tackle in the 1st is kind of unlikely, Jonathan Martin or Riley Rieff would be the only tackles that present value at 16, but they could very well be long gone.

A passrusher is a HUGE priority, and through the draft is probably the way we will see it filled. If Whitney Mercilus or Courtney Upshaw are there, you pull the trigger.

3. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

Peyton already does a ton of national commercials. Being on the Jets isn't going to make him any more attractive at that level. As for regional commercials, they pay significantly less. I'm not sure that the possibility of being the spokesman for Hackensack Honda is gonna be what seals the deal.

Perhaps, but just because something is a national brand doesn't mean the commercial is being shown nationally. Pepsi likely films commercials with different regional stars to show in specific areas. For example, a Pepsi commercial starring Sanchez might air regularly in the NYC area while the same commercial might air in Pittsburgh but with Troy Polamalu starring. During any given game, the cities represented by the teams on the field aren't necessarily seeing all the same commercials. In Peyton Manning's case, we know they're national if we're seeing them air in the NYC market.

#463 AJ Duhe, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  4. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Peyton - The Writing Is On The Wall

There is no way the Colts are going to pay Peyton manning 28 million coming off neck surgery. Factor in firing every single person involved with Peyton and the old regime and you have pretty much a certainty that Peyton will not be a Colt next season.

So where does he go? he has a few good seasons left and doesn't have time for a rebuild project that leaves really a handful of teams:

1. Jets
    2. Arizona
    3. Cowboys
    4. Chiefs

Of those teams who is willing to pay him?

1. Jets
    2. Cowboys

Of those two which are more likely to part with their QB in order to obtain Peyton's services for a few years?

1. Jets

Let's face it, Peyton is coming to the Jets.

5. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

This is the perfect thread for a revival of Byz' "My dick is so big"

6. mpx42

mpx42 New Member

Why would Peyton Manning want to come to his brother's city, have to deal with the hype and constant press coverage of playing Tom Brady 2 to 3 times a year, and have Tony Sparano the master of the run game calling his plays?

I really think the second Sparano was signed, the chances of Peyton coming to NY decreased to nearly zero.

But Woody's pulled off stuff like this before.

7. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

He's either retiring or going to San Francisco.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

Lets face it. You have no clue next to everyone else whats going to happen.

What happened to other teams like the Dolphins and Cards that have already came out and said they will pursue him meanwhile the Jets have not? And the Cowboys? Are you fucking kidding me? Ha. They dont need a QB. As much as we all hate Romo, he’s still pretty damn good. And btw, Peyton is a big playoff choker like Romo.

Man am I so glad fans like you are nowhere near this teams, or any teams FO.

9. dr.velociraptor

The phins suck and Peyton knows it, the Jets have issues but with a solid defense he knows he can be successful here.

I already stated the Cards as a possible destination, however i believe they balk at the price he'll request.

Jones is desperate and I think would consider Peyton over Romo, but at the end of the day won't pull the trigger. Really there are only a few places for Peyton to end up and none of them in a position to win now like the Jets are.

10. sg3

sg3 Banned

please NO

let's not repeat the Bret Favre HORROR

11. dr.velociraptor

You don't change QB's after the guy you rode for five years sucking finally has a break out year and you go to the NFCCG. I highly doubt he ends up in San Fran and I say zero chance Peyton retires.

12. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I do not think Peyton is coming to the Jets. As much as I would like Mark as his backup so that he can learn from the best, I just don't see this happening.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Arizona is going to pay Peyton $25-30 million to play for them next year. They were 30 million under the cap this season and that included a huge balloon year in Larry Fitzgerald's deal. They've got a load of cap space for 2012 and the Bidwill's are rolling in money from the new TV deal and they want to win a Super Bowl.

He's going to Arizona.

Whether he actually plays for Arizona or not depends on the neck but they have Kevin Kolb as the backup if he can't play. It's a no-brainer for them.

14. patfanken

patfanken Banned

This is so wrong on so many levels

1. Please explain how a a team that is OVER the cap right now could manage to pay Peyton over $20MM, while at the same time you eat tons of dead money after you release Sanchez. The Jets would end up with a 40 man roster.

2. Arizona is a possibility. I don't know their cap situation, but they shelled out big money to the Philly back up, I'm not sure they'd want to double that number for Manning

3. Cowboys - More delusion. Romo is among the highest paid QBs now, and his numbers the past few years are almost as good as Peytons, WITHOUT the injury risk. Makes no sense

4. Chiefs - Now they DO have the cap room, but no while Pioli is there. A move like that is not the "Patriot Way". At his age, cap number, and injury risk is a low value move for an ex patriot man.

What IS a possibility is Miami. The owner needs a big splash move to revitalize their fan base (such that it is). But I think its more likely that they go hard for the Packer back up, Flynn Younger, cheaper, but with a lot of promise.

The more I think about it, the only way I think Peyton gets a job is if he signs a contract that pays him "only" about $10MM next year and $20+ the next 2. Maybe Seattle can make a move. The most likely result I see is a vindication of Rob Lowe. He retires.

15. TheJetLife

Overall, I agree with sg3. However, Peyton is not washed up like Brett was. He was doing great like always a year ago. But with him coming off the neck surgery, there is a possibility that it will be a repeat of Brett if the Jets get him.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

How often do you see El/Sanchez Toyota comericials? Thats regional, Hackensack Honda thats local. The difference is over 50 million people

17. TheJetLife

Yes and no. Peyton would help us win and develop Sanchez, but I think Sanchez can progress by himself if we give him a suitable team.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No, but you cut bait with a 3rd year QB who has played in the AFCCG twice.

Really stupid post.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

My dick is so big, the Mayans made a calendar to predict my orgasms.

20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You cut bait with any of the two if you can get a shot at one of the top 5 QBs of all time and he gets cleared medically. John Clayton just said if he is released and healthy, the Jets would be the front runners.