Now, about those 2 AFCCG's...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 24, 2012.

1. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

Miami already had a dynastic period by then...

1971 - Miami loses in SB
    1972 - Miami wins SB and completes their perfect season
    1973 - Miami wins SB
    1974 - Miami wins division, #2 seed but lose in 1st round

I'd take that over what the Bills did.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I've been saying it for awhile that we need to stop hanging our heads on those two games needs to stop. I'm not taking anything away from the jets for getting there but still it's quite annoying.

3. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Especially considering their regular seasons were less than stellar. It would be one thing coming off two AFCCG (losses mind you) with dominant 12-13 win seasons, than backing into the playoffs and coming in as the WC with all games on the road.

In fact this season was not all that different than the previous two years as far as the regular season goes.

4. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

That probably depends on where their corporate headquarters are located.

5. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Such a silly and arbitrary point. You're from New York. You say you root for the Jets. And yet you'll make such an issue about the five minute drive to the Meadowlands. All the while ignoring those other NFL teams that wear a certain city on their jersey but have even less of a geographical connection.

But let's not pretend that this is a real-live discussion. The point here is for you to stir things up. We all get that. And, within the bounds, that's fine.

6. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Cut the bullshit. You're not a Jets fan. You're a troll. You've done nothing but try to get a rise out of everyone here

7. Mr. Green Pants

Umm...who cares? Given their location and history, the Jets are a natural choice for "downstate" New Yorkers to support. What do you think football fans in Queens should do? Drive the nine hours to Buffalo each week to support the one true New York team?

Again, the Jets represent the New York metropolitan area, which includes parts of New Jersey. They play within the area they were intended to represent, and their location allows them to draw fans from an incredibly large pool of football followers.

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

To me winning 12/13 games and losing in the afccg is no different than what happened with us the last two years. The hurt would be the same. But I do understand what you're saying.

In 09 the jets actually took advantage of opportunities. While the '11 jets couldn't.

9. dr.velociraptor

I said one thing about the Bills being the only actual NY team so I don't hate them and I believe YOU clung to that. I've said all along that the Jets and Giants are NJ teams and it kills me to root for a team from that garbage state. It is what it is, I'm too old to change allegiances now.

The drive time doesn't matter (and it isn't 5 minutes), it is well into the state of New Jersey, it's not debatable, it's a NJ team. You can tell yourself whatever you want and call it a NY team I don't care at all.

10. Sundayjack

No. I pointed out how it was a nonsense point. Which of course it was. So, mission accomplished.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Making the AFC Championship isnt even that big of a deal. Theirs 16 AFC teams, 2 of the 16 make it EVERY year. Every team should be able to make it once every 8 years, and make the Super Bowl once every 16 years. To bad it doesnt work like that for the Jets.

12. I Come in peace

I Come in peace New Member

Most pro sports teams represent a city. It's not the Texas Cowboys or Florida Dolphins, they rep a city and just like the redskins cowboys and bills to name. Few the giants play in a suburb of the city they represent. I think because the city and the state have the same name the masses of fools use this argument without any well thought out thinking on the matter.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

and yet we were the only team in the NFL to make the conf title game twice in the last 3 years.

By the way:

Last title game app:

Miami 1992
    Buffalo 1993
    Houston Never
    Cleveland 1989
    Cincy 1988
    Ten 2002
    Jax 1999
    Oak 2002
    KC 1993

That's 9 of the 16 teams that last made one longer than 8 years ago.

14. dr.velociraptor

But these other examples play in the actual state of the city they are representing. The NJ Jets and NJ Giants are the only ones that don't in all of professional sports, The Washington Redskins don't, but DC is a territory on land that has historically been Maryland so Landover isn't the same as East Rutherford. Heck the NHL and NBA teams that played at the same exact complex donned the New Jersey moniker.

Why did you guys want the Jets to get their own stadium actually in NY so bad? Because you know deep down I'm right and the Jets are a New Jersey team and it sucks.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And we choked both times. We shoulda put the Colts away up 17-6 and we were better than the Steelers.

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

it's too bad there isn't an ignore feature for these SOJF threads

17. Sundayjack

While that seems very true, and there certainly are exceptions like the Seahawks, Cardinals, or Buccaneers, what the Superbowl has given us over the past 46 years are mostly the same dozen or so teams over and over again. Which is why lingering over two AFCC games means so little in the NFL. The point of it should be to crack the list of teams who seem to regularly appear in the Superbowl.

18. I Come in peace

I Come in peace New Member

The redskins play in Maryland. They are not the new York state jets and giants. Buffalo should change their name to the ny bills, rep the entire state then as opposed to a city.

19. Mr. Green Pants

From day one, its been the intention of Jets ownership to have the team represent both states. There are a million and one factors that tie them to both states. Most New Yawkers and Jerseyites realize they share ownership of the team and are fine with it.

20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Being a Jets fan has always sucked and this off season is no different.

Of course I want to see them win it all, but I got more joy out of watching the Jets playoff runs the past two years than in all of my other years as a fan combined - last year was especially sweet beating the Colts and Pats away. I am thankful for the last two years and I'm not going to pass it off like it never happened.