Now, about those 2 AFCCG's...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 24, 2012.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

See that is where you always go off the track. SPECULATION is NOT facts. Facts are like this

NYJs have not won a SB since 01/13/69
    WW2 started when Germany invaded Poland on 09/01/39
    Obama is Prez of the USA
    Boehmer is Speaker of the House
    The atom bomb was exploded in Aug 1945 over Hiroshima
    JFK was a shot dead in Dallas in Nov 1962
    Man landed on the moon in 1969 & returned safely to the earth

Those are real TRUE FACTs not your phoney balony speculative facts

If you are trying to convince people with your over the top homer view that the NYJs are a super great team at least do with real facts instead of your silly speculation :sad:

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

JFK was shot and killed in 1963, not 62.

3. championjets69

Thanks for the correction but is still is a fact not like the SPECULATION posted by NY Junc :sad:

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

That makes the list of facts no less depressing than it already is.

5. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

There's two legitimate sides to this issue

We have not won SB since 1969, so we can't be satisfied with losing AFCCG two years in a row or look for unwarranted recognition from it

OTOH, two AFCCGs are closer than we've ever been before, and a step in the right direction. We must build on that.

I think most Jets fans get baited into arguments when people tweak us by diminishing the accomplishment. I find myself arguing with anti-Jet morons ( i.e. Giant fans) whose depth of football knowledge doesn't go much farther than "Jets suck." But I don't want to give such people that satisfaction of admitting that we can't rest on the laurels of 2009 and 2010.

So I agree w/Champ's positions that anything short of the SB is not satisfactory. But at this point, I am not willing to blow up this team and start over.

Also, I don't diminish the 2009-2010 teams, especially to outsiders, who are constantly looking to crap on the Jets.

6. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

And yet they're the only team in the NFL that chooses to play regular home games in Canada; not to mention the difficult time they have each year trying to fill their stadium with actual New Yorkers on any sort of regular basis. What strong roots they have.

7. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Well they are certainly going through a rough patch but the ownership hasn't given them much to root for. But the fact remains they are the only actual NY football team. The Jets and Giants are clearly New Jersey teams, they both moved to New Jersey as part of a real estate development deal, so now they are the NJ Giants and NJ Jets, it is what it is.

8. championjets69

Just think of all he real FACTs there have been since 01/13/69

Nixon resigned
    The USSR collapsed
    Rep. Gifford was shot in Ariz
    The Iraq war
    The Afgan war
    09/11
    The housing crisis
    The employment crisis

:sad:

9. championjets69

I think they are on the short list of possible teams to move to LA :sad:

10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

They are. Because this "rough patch" the good doctor speaks of is actually life in Buffalo, New York. By the way - where do they get off calling themselves the "Buffalo Bills" when they play in Orchard Park, hmmm?

11. Mr. Green Pants

Jets and Giants represent the New York metropolitan area, which includes parts of New Jersey. Their ties to both states make them perfect representatives for that area.

#51 Mr. Green Pants, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yes facts w/ the wrong dates- very factual!

what part of Rex having 4 postseason wins is not a fact? what part of 4 road wins under rex compared to 3 the rest of our history isn't a fact? what part of 2 title game apps w/ rex and 2 conf title games from '70-'08 is not a fact? Please explain.

13. championjets69

Way back when in the OLD AFL days they actually played in Buffalo :sad:

14. nyjunc

People do not understand the "NY" in our name represents NYC not NYS and we play in the NYC metro area like Dallas doesn't play in Dallas, the skisn don't play in DC and oh yeah the Bills DON'T play in Buffalo.

15. championjets69

I was talking of mythical what ifs which BTW IMHO are really, really silly :sad:

16. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

No. They don't have to point to losses as validation now THAT THEY WON!

But, believe me, if the Fumble was called and the Giants went home like they should have then that Championship game and run up to it SAVED COUGHLINS JOB!!!!!!

So, there isn't a doubt in my mind that the Giants would have been "pointing to a loss" as validation.

17. dr.velociraptor

The difference there of course is those teams like Dallas etc... actually play in the state they are representing.

Fact is New Jersey is a separate state from NY, fact is the Jets and Giants play in New Jersey not NY. Why were the Devils and Nets not called NY Nets and NY Devils? Oh yeah because they play in the state of New Jersey that's why.

18. nyjunc

The NY represents NYC not NYS. The Devils and Nets made their own choices, I'm sure if they could switch they would b/c no one cares about those teams,

19. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Does the state of New York receive any type of tax revenues from the Jets and Giants, or does it all go to New Jersey?

20. dr.velociraptor

Whatever makes you guys sleep at night, but the fact is the Jets and Giants are New Jersey teams because they play in the state of New Jersey, pretty simple really. I'm a Jets fan but I concede that the Buffalo Bills are the only actually NY team represented in the NFL today, so I do pull for them when the Jets aren't playing them or involved in the outcome.

I was holding out hope the Jets would get their own stadium within NY's borders, but instead they decided to play in Giants stadium in NJ for the foreseeable future. The Jets are the only non NY team that I root for. My other teams are the Yanks, Knicks, and Islanders.