Now, about those 2 AFCCG's...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 24, 2012.

1. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

This post pretty much sums it up.

I'm certainly NOT happy with losing in the title game two years in a row. But based on my last 30 years of experience, I never had high expectations. I always hoped for a good break here and there.

Much like our coach has stated multiple times, he raised the team's expectations and with that, he has raised the fan's expectations as well. So now, with this coach, his abilities, and his play designs et al, I expect more from this Jets team with this head coach.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The folks criticizing the title game apps- would you prefer to miss the playoffs like this year or have a fun run where we have a legit shot to reach the SB?

On the Bills, they were an AFC dynasty in the 90s. What they did was incredible though the AFC stunk in those days.

3. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Just as expected, my fellow Jets fans have such a loser mentality that they DO consider the four Buffalo pathetic showings in the Super Bowl a dynasty.

Dynasty talk begins and ends with Super Bowl wins, simple as that.

4. nyjunc

It was an AFC dynasty- they were AFC CHAMPIONS 4 straight years just like the Pats ahve been an AFC East dynasty winning all but 2 AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS since 2001.

5. dr.velociraptor

Jesus... I suppose the Jets are perennial WC dynasty now? You have a very odd definition of what constitutes a dynasty.

6. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

In the 12 years between 1988 and 1999, the Bills made the playoffs 9 times. They won the AFCE 6 times and they won the AFC Championship 4 straight years. I'd call that a dynasty.

Miami would have probably qualified for a dynasty if not for the Bills and Don Shula's failure to give Dan Marino a running game. Marino's Carpies were stuck mostly in second place in the AFCE and playing for wild cards.

7. nyjunc

when a team goes to 4 straight SBs-somehting never done before or since it's a dynasty. It's not an NFL dynasty but a conference one. There's nothing odd about it. It's incredibly diffcult to reach one and despite losing all 4 it was miraculous they were able to get back 4 straight years and they deserve respect for it.

8. dr.velociraptor

Well you would wrong, because with zero SB wins in your teams history you do not qualify at all for any dynasty talk. You are an anti-dynasty.

9. dr.velociraptor

Just because some team does something no other team has done like lose in 4 straight SB's it doesn't make it a dynasty. It makes them incredible losers.

10. I Still Heart Chad

Are you missing the word "CONFERENCE" ?!?!?!?!?! No one has said the Bills were an NFL dynasty in the same way as the Packers or Steelers or Niners or Cowboys or Pats... they said the Bills were an AFC dynasty which would be CORRECT!!!!! You win your conference 4 consecutive years you become a dynasty within that conference PERIOD.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Just a word about Buffalo, those guys were an incredible team especially on O. And if Scott Norwood had made that chip shot FG against a very stong Giant team, they would have won at least on SB. The loss to Dallas was another unfortunate loss.e

But I don't think where the Jets are right now, in that context, that it makes sense to refer to Buffalo back then as a dynasty. It's hard to see Dynasty on them when they didn't win the big prize. It should be enough to acknowledge they were a great team with several members in teh HOF.

12. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Unfortunately for the Bills, and to a lesser extent Indy, Polian is a builder of great offenses, and not so great defenses although he likes to get premier pass rushers (Bruce Smith, Dwight Freeney). Polian's teams have gone to the SB like 7 or 8 times with only 1 victory.

I don't think his picking of HCs are all that great, either, but that may be because he's worked primarily for "frugal" owners, Ralph Wilson, and the Irsays, father and son. Both Buffalo and Indy aren't noted for spending big on coaches.

The NFL Ds back in the 1990s were much bigger and faster than the AFC D's, and that made the difference in the SB. I think that the AFC went almost 10 years without winning a SB. I think that Denver finally broke that string, and since then, the AFC has been winning more SBs than the NFC.

13. dr.velociraptor

A conference dynasty? GTFOOH, that's absurd. Like I said only Jets fans can be pathetic enough to consider just getting to the SB a dynasty and awesome. I would much rather never have won any of those AFC championships than lost four straight SB's. Only a complete sad sack thinks of the Bills in terms of a dynasty.

14. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

BILLS?
    4 Super Bowl losses doesnt make you a dynasty

15. tommytom

tommytom Banned

you guys are so full of hate and you are now dwelling on a call where Sanchez clearly fumbled and making excuses. Maybe if Sanchez was more focused instead of texting a 16 year old girl the day of the game it would have been different.

16. nyjunc

a 46-47 yard FG on grass to win the SB is not a chip shot.

The Bills D was good but the NFC teams were so much better. The only team Buf should have beaten was the 1990 Giants. The other games they didn;t have a chance.

when did he clearly fumble?

17. dr.velociraptor

I don't hate on the Bills, I rooted for them over the Giants. The Bills are the only actual NY team so I have respect for them. They just aren't a dynasty and never were. (unless you drastically rewrite what the word dynasty means, and it isn't breaking it down to division and conference).

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I included that extension when I made my post. So if he not again extended next season 2013 is his last :sad:

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I must say U are great for pulling myths out of the sky :sad:

20. nyjunc

You mean facts